Trailer Trash

Prayers for Charles (Read 66 times)

Just got word that Charles Moman was hit by a drunk driver last night while on his way home from a training run. Not many details, he was lifelined to hospital with multiple fractures. The other driver has been arrested.  He'd just finished an overnight training preparing for next month's IT100.

Occasional Runner

Wow! This is terrible news. I hope he'll be ok. He's a really great guy and has a positive influence on a lot of people.

Sounds like he was awake and alert in the hospital. Told his daughter to post an update and pictures of him on FB. Guessing he'll upload a video update soon. Wink He has pelvic fractures, spleen rupture, cervical fracture, but no head trauma.

Occasional Runner

It's good to hear it wasn't any worse. Thanks.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

This is sad news. I hope he will heal up to run the trails again. Sending healing vibes and prayers.

Run for fun.

runtraildc

Terrible news, but so glad to hear that he is awake, talking and it wasn't worse!  Heal quickly Charles!

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

That's awful...Speedy recovery Charles, sending my best wishes your way

**Ask me about streaking**

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Oh no!  Sad  That's horrible.  We're all thinking of you, Charles!

Running is dumb.

moonlightrunner

That is just awful! So sad that drunk drivers can cause so much pain and misery for others.

Hoping for a complete and speedy recovery.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

How incredibly horrible; thank goodness there's no head trauma.

Charles -- sending hugs and healing vibes your way.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Charles this is bad.  Good thoughts your way to heal fast.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jonferg67

Endless trails

One of our worst case scenarios as runners. Hang in there, Charles.

Edit: I just saw that he was driving home after that long training run, and not

actually running when he was hit. The picture of his car is brutal.

LB2

Wow. That is horrible. I hope he is okay.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Just saw this...terrible news.  Any updates? How is he doing?

Praying...

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

He said he walked a few feet from bed to chair, a bit of vertigo and pain. Transferring to inpatient rehab tomorrow for about a week. (Thus is what I'm reading on his FB page.)