Trailer Trash

Good Luck Warden! Fridailies (Read 22 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Good Luck to warden for this monstrosity called The Bob Marshall Open this weekend and beyond!  I won't be the only one stalking you, I'm sure. 

Gatsby - Good luck on your race in Maine!

Will get 7 or 8 pavement pounders in this evening.

QOTD:  Got any plans for Memorial Day Weekend?

I'll be going to the cabin.  With DW going back to VA, it will just be me, the dog, and cat.  I may pick up some meat and cook on the grill.  The dog likes that.  Otherwise, more yard work.  And a long run Sunday morning on the Catskill Scenic Trail.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

AT-runner

Tim

If you missed it yesterday, you can track Mike here.

https://share.garmin.com/MikeMoore2

Go Warden - have fun and be safe.

Good luck Gatsby! Have fun in Maine. Wear bug spray for the tics. Maine is ground zero for Lyme.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Just dropping in to say I still haven't run since last weekend and to wish Warden and other racers 'good luck!'. Turned out the lethargy and low motivation I was feeling was actually the onset of a cold/sore throat/crud. I think May is a loss, in general and I'm looking forward to June next week.

Gatsby-- what race in Maine? I love Maine.

qotd: sticking close to home, working on some projects. Maybe our local club's 4 miler on Monday morning, depending on the weather.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

DON'T DIE, WARDEN!  (Just kidding...have fun, be safe, we'll be rooting for you!)  And good luck to Gatsby in Maine!  Is it Pineland weekend?

I haven't run since last week -- too busy.  Maybe I can squeak something in here soon.

QOTD: We're taking the kids camping (just in a state park nearby) and going bouldering outside for the first time.  And of course still cleaning and dealing with moving stuff.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Hoping to run with a trail group in Michaux tonight. It 's out of my comfort zone to run with a group in the woods, but should be a nice change of plans. Think they are planning 5-6 miles.

QOTD:  Some runs and some yard work. The tiller broke down, and if new carburetor come in today, I'll fix that (man that sound like Deramer). Hamburgers and hot dogs on Sunday with some friends by the pool. Water is 75° now, so I'll probably be the only one who gets in the pool. I don'y mind cool water. DW will wait until July to get in. She misses our heater, but it broke 2 years ago and it's really not worth the price to replace it at this point.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Man I love Mchigan woods... oh until I stop and get chowed on by mosquitos!  Ran almost 5 on a new trail for me...a bit further away from Mom's house but Glad I made the trip cause even the drive over farmlanfs was beautiful.

Qotd:  return home tomorrow...the DH will be gone when I get there at a VW show.  After almost 3 weeks of vacation I think some yard work will be happening unless DH wants to take the biat to the lake Monday....everyone is usually gone by than.

Good luck Gatsby and Warden....and Warden...what Mandy said!!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

Day off from running here and from work. Plans are a round of golf, some yardwork, and chilling on the deck. Repeat for the next few days. Will do the gym stuff shortly as I want to keep that going.

Run last night was 6 miles, with a 5k trail race in the middle. Out/back course this month, all in the woods, as the meadow trail used for the last 3/4 mile of the normal course had not been mown due to all the rain. So slightly harder as we had one additional hill to climb after the turn around. I did not run a great time but hey at least average pace was under 9mm and I held off the lady who was pushing me with the 2 leashed dogs in the opening mile. Dropped her on the big hill climb. Finished about 27:40, 6th OA, but the field was only maybe 30 people. No matter. Objective achieved as I got a workout in. See if I can improve next month.

Oh, LOL. Some younger dude came up to me and asked me what happened? 2 years ago in this series we pushed each other a bit in the lead pack but this year I was 4 or 5 minutes behind him.  Knees happen.

Warden & Gatsby (and any other racers) - Best of luck and stay safe out there.

AT - Went in the pool the other day post run. 68 degrees. It felt heavenly! Might have to heat mine up to get the wife in. She likes low 80's. I like 75-78.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A combo of 6 walking/running/shuffling miles last night.  Not sure what kind of running I will get in over the weekend other than a 5k thingy on Memorial Day morning.  Maybe I can sneak out for some good trail miles Saturday morning before the 4 yards of mulch is delivered!

Mike - are wearing the kilt for the Bob Marshall Open?

QOTD: Nothing much which will be nice.  We do have a family picnic Monday, 5k with DD that Monday morning but otherwise a quiet weekend.  That usually means work on projects which I am ok with.  Lots to do.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

thanks for all the well wishes!  Jamie no kilt 

Gatsby- good luck with your 50k!

Sue- looks nice, except that mosquitoe thing

the annual assembling of the butthole sandwiches- blueberry bagel, peanut butter, bacon and honey- packs a good calorie wallop and they keep well

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Pineland Farms Running Fest this weekend for me.  At the airport now. No hazardous conditions expected, maybe a little muddy, maybe choke on some bugs.  Thanks for the good wishes.

Warden, wishing you good running (hiking/slogging/wading/swimming?)!

Queen, looks so nice and green there.

Have a great Friday and long weekend.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

the annual assembling of the butthole sandwiches- blueberry bagel, peanut butter, bacon and honey- packs a good calorie wallop and they keep well

Whoa.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

the annual assembling of the butthole sandwiches

I've eaten and made some interesting things while backpacking, but hmmmm, ummmm, I'm gonna have to pass on those.

Great pictures, Sue!  Looks like home.   Don't get carried off by all the bugs!

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

But it has two of the major food groups- bacon and peanut butter!  

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Bert-o

I lost my rama

YES!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

AT-runner

Tim

I love blueberry anything, but you lost me on the peanut butter with it.  Those must be a pretty good calorie bomb with the honey and since you sure didn't skimp o the PB.