Trailer Trash

Sleepy Sunday (Read 37 times)

runtraildc

Morning trailers!  Household is a bit slow this morning due to skiing all day yesterday.  The upside to all the cold and snow is that the skiing conditions are fabulous for our area.  So, yesterday was a cross training day and I'm not sure what today will bring.  Probably 5-7 later this afternoon.

qotd:  I've got nothing

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Getting ready to head out in a little bit.

I ran 11.5 miles in the snow yesterday, with 2000+ vert ft, and it was such a blast. Dashing through a foot of light, fluffy snow, with no tracks in front of me (except for the occasional rabbit footprints). Snowing and windy, but I was dressed just right, so that did not bother me at all.

QOTD: Pass.

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Well I'm in Michigan...now what...there's a ton of snow out there.  Folks are  at church and I could step outside and run up and down their road.....mile repeats I guess.  It's been a week since I ran so I need to do something,   Guess I'll give it a try...have no idea how to dress!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Birdwell

Morning folks!

SRD for me.

QOTD: I got nothing, I will however leave a picture for you. It's my 7 y.o., on top of Angels Landing from yesterday.

1500' above the valley floor below. I've never had trouble with the heights on this trail (you do that climb in 2.5 miles) until she was with me.

I had one hand on the chain and the other on her the entire time.

runtraildc

You packed shorts, right? 

Guess I'll give it a try...have no idea how to dress!!

I got up early and ran through my beginner repertoire of guitar songs before going for a nice 5 mile trail run with the pooch. I was glad to have my gaiters on but wished I had my spikes. The trails were still well covered with snow and some had no tracks yet.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning, folks.

Nice pic, birdwell.

URD for me today, I got feet issues. I finished yesterdays run with a good sized

blood blister on my left foot and numbness on my right foot. I can deal with a

blister and still run but when both feet are acting up, c'mon!. I'm doing a little

research and so far have only found Morton's Neuroma, but I'm hoping its not

that.

Occasional Runner

I ran and finished the Coldwater Rumble 100 in AZ. More on that later.

I hope you all have a great day!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Queen: Hope you got out there, doing your repeats. You can do that even in sweatpants, or yoga pants, if it has to be. Just do it!

Birdwell: Nice picture! I can relate to your worries, climbing up there with DD. I felt the same when I did such things with my DD (I have not done much climbing with the boys yet, but I'm sure I'd feel the same). Strange phenomenon that in that situation, you never think about tripping, or slipping, and falling yourself, right?

On a side note, the picture nicely shows some "vert ft".

QOTD: Do you ever picture your "vert ft" that you do in a run, like think of a canyon, or mountain?

Me: I sometimes compare the elevation gain of a run with a mountain that I have climbed, and I am always amazed at how "easy" the vert ft seem when running, and how hard when climbing or hiking, even though the running is much faster.

But it is still impressive to see the elevation gain as a canyon!

Out for some miles now!

Run for fun.

QOTD: Not lately.  But now that you suggest it I probably won't be able to not do that for a while Smile

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I ran a whopping 15 miles on the trails this morning, considerably slower than it would have been on the roads but it was a great run and we enjoyed it. 2:39:11 with an average pace of 10:37 min/mile, not bad though I am already feeling it and I think tomorrow morning's run will be on the road.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Sandy-2

Did 9 this morning with one of the speedsters.  She was loping along, but it was a tempo run for me.  ;-)  Felt pretty good.  I think I've convinced a few folks in my weekend gang to do an upcoming 50 miler, some will do the 50k or 25k options, should be a fun weekend.

QoN: Just put everything you brought with you on at the same time.

Birdwell: nice photo.  When they were young we took our kids to the Grand Canyon and had one rule, "no running in the Grand Canyon".  So of course every once in a while they would start running and yell...  "look I'm running in the Grand Canyon", DW was a nervous wreck.  I have no idea where they got that from...

qotd:  I don't think of exact "vert ft", but now when doing some big hills during a run I can think back on some of the 13k and 14k elevations I've hit while pacing at Hardrock or doing Leadville.  Puts things in perspective.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Snowdenrun

Good Morning Trailers!

I got a run in Friday. Yesterday I went for an awesome bike ride/hike. And I plan on getting a run in today. Unlike the rest of the US, Alaska is having awesome weather. Winter has yet to show up. It has been in the high 40's to 50's. Granted we're getting record rain fall which can be a downer, but this weekend there wasn't a cloud in the sky ...And with my new work schedule I actually had a real weekend to enjoy it! Now this picture definitely does not even begin to do justice but this is Medevjie Lake.

Medvejie

ElfRunner25

Wannabe Ultrarunner

Sleepy indeed. Long week at work... got home at 8:45 last night, went for my 15 minute jog, stayed awake til 11:30 watching tv, then woke up at 6:30 worried about work. Have three days off now, so I think there will be some naps. I'd like to get a long run in just so it counts for this week's mileage (which has been abysmal) but I'll probably put it off until tomorrow.

My knee was feeling good and the swelling went down after the last long run, but now it's sore again (and not because of running mileage, for sure). A visit to the orthopod may be in order one of these days, but need to see whether I should go in under my current insurance or under my work insurance which will kick in after another 6 weeks. Also... I don't really want to go, especially because the pain seems pretty minor. But the fact that it hurts a bit while I'm trying to go to sleep and hurts  when I wake up, even though it doesn't bother me much while I'm running, maybe suggests that I should do something about it. Although I will also accept internet diagnoses and cures from you guys if you have any suggestions for underlying causes of medial knee swelling and joint pain. Don't tell me it's my meniscus and that it needs surgery though 'cause I don't want to hear that. Or that it's a torn MCL.

Birdwell-- I hiked Angel's Landing when I was 11 with my dad and brother, who was 9 at the time. Dad spent a lot of time yelling at us to stay away from the edge ;-) Fanstastically memorable adventure. Great memories for your daughter!

Jonferg--how flexible are your shoes? I have heard from people experiencing a numb foot that a shoe that doesn't flex in the mid/forefoot helped. Maybe a shoes with a rockplate that extends pretty far back? Of course, if you've already tried that, it's not going to help Wink

To everyone with snow: Jealous of you. To everyone with snow where it's less than 10 degrees: Not so jealous.

Race schedule: a 50k. Sometime. This year. Maybe a 5k too. Maybe races in between as well. 

jonferg67

Endless trails

Elfrunner: First of all, you can have the damn snow, I'm sick of bitter temps and snow

and its not even February.

I wear flexible shoes for both trail and road so I don't think thats the issue. I'm going to

try toe separators first and take it from there.

I'm not sure what your knee issue might be but I can relay my own experience with a

meniscus tear. In 2000 I was training for a road marathon after I started running in 99.

I was at the end of my training and had gotten several 20+ runs in. I then started having

knee pain that would start a few miles into each run, I remember gutting out a 9 miler

one day and becoming very despondent. I didn't run the marathon. I finally got it checked

out and was diagnosed with a meniscus tear, which I had fixed and hasn't been an issue

since. It doesn't really sound like your meniscus is the issue, but I could be dead wrong.

How's that for totally useless advice/information?