Trailer Trash

Another Tough Tuesday. (Read 12 times)

LB2

Pretty muggy 5 this morning, but it was easy in 48:29. Sunday morning the humidity was so bad that I could barely see with my headlamp because the moisture was so thick.

QOTD: Do you ever find periods where your moisture wicking clothing does not wick away moisture?

Yes. I am soaked after every run from May to mid-October. When I say soaked, I mean totally saturated with moisture. I started running without a shirt a few years back. But I ran with a shirt on Sunday morning and ended up with my stomach chaffed beyond belief. It looked like I had Shingles. However, that pays dividends when you get to run in cool temps.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

meeting up with Tim and Jess today for a run around the Helena area- cool weather, scattered showers- hopefully more on the scattered side 

qotd: fortunately we don't have to deal w/ high humidity very often (unless it's raining), if it's really hot and I'm running (not very often), my shirt will get soaked, but seems to help with cooling

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

No run today, but I did have one fairly decent (meaning not awful) run on Saturday. I will just do weights and dog walking today. Next run will probably be Thursday night. I am hoping for better things since my ortho is now done with me. I saw him yesterday and had my knee drained one more time. He said it was residual fluid that I had retained from the stress of the surgery. It was swollen before the proceduere as well. I am not overly optimistic but we shall see. I'd just like to get back to more regular running.

QOTD: Oh yes, certainly. Since I sweat so much and don't care what people think I rarely run in a shirt from May through September, but of course I have to wear shorts and have yet to find a pair that can withstand summer heat and humidity.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

I'll run after work today, supposed to be in the mid-90s.  Yay!!!!!

qotd: I haven't worn a shirt around here while running since May or June.  I wore shirts last week in Paris since it was in the 50s and nearly ripped my nips off.

tbd.

runtraildc

Late arrival here. Ran about 9 miles this morning with my older running friend. He wanted to go further, I reigned him in by saying I could only do 8 today. I don't doubt that he went out again at some point for more miles. Did I mention he's 75?

qotd: Yes, sometimes it's because it's hot and humid, but today was breezy, somewhat humid and high 60s. We ran slow and I still came back soaked. I've run significant miles with other runners who lfinish fresh as a daisy and I'm looking like I got dragged thru a thunderstorm and a mud slide.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Heading out here soon for a few miles...probably not too many.

QOTD: I like the feel of moisture wicking but I don't know that they actually wick anything away from the body.

Late arrival here. Ran about 9 miles this morning with my older running friend. He wanted to go further, I reigned him in by saying I could only do 8 today. I don't doubt that he went out again at some point for more miles. Did I mention he's 75?

qotd: Yes, sometimes it's because it's hot and humid, but today was breezy, somewhat humid and high 60s. We ran slow and I still came back soaked. I've run significant miles with other runners who lfinish fresh as a daisy and I'm looking like I got dragged thru a thunderstorm and a mud slide.

Good for him!!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Shuffled through a slow 3 miles.

qotd: when I can wring out sweat from my shirt post run, I think it has lost its ability to wick away moisture.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

A run up and down some "hills" with Warden and DWAte pizza and drank a beer.

Drove hundreds of miles and had Mexican food with margaritas for dinner. Good day. On to Portland tomorrow.

Qotd: quite often. Humid weather, it doesn't matter too much what I wear, it gets soaked.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!