Trailer Trash

Soggy Saturdaily (Read 21 times)

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I slogged though a wet run today in the mountains.  Trails were slick as ice from all the muddy leaves.  I could have been wearing my screw shoes today.

Hope all the racers and volunteers are having better weather than we are.

Birdwell - How's Baby Bird doing?

QOTD:  Rain running; love it, hate it or don't care?  I enjoy running in the rain, on bad days like today, I try to go on trail sections that are deep in the woods for some protection.  It didn't matter much today.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

It's soggy around here too, but not because of any rain.  It was 91* yesterday and this morning at 5:30am it was a toasty 75* and very humid, like 100%.  Uuuuugh, this is OCTOBER !!!  I ended up doing 12 miles of sweaty bliss.

qotd: Love running in the rain.  I could have used it this morning.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

5.4 with HATRs in Clayton Park.  52*F and steady rain.  Hips were troublesome today since I ran out of NSAIDs a few days ago, and did heavy leg exercise at PT on Thursday.  The group ran ahead, and intercepted me once, then ran away again.

QOTD:  I like it because it makes me feel like a bad-ass.  Only trouble is that DW says, "Since your tough enough to run in the rain, you can rake leaves/do yard work/walk the dog/plant shrubs in the rain"  I hate doing that.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

moonlightrunner

Waiting for 3 or 4 when DD gets off work. Whilewawaiting I've made chili, scalloped potatoes with ham, fed and cared for two babies and cleaned the apartment. All of that with of the babies hanging onto my legs. Come

On 4  o'clock! It is a BEAUTIFUL fall day today. I am heading to the state park to enjoy all that remains of it asap!

AT: iI think it is wonderful you and your wife enjoy running ttogether.

Qotd: I love running in the rain and the snow. We had our first hard frost yesterday and it was 30 degrees this morning...snow will come!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

NorthernHarrier

I will run in the rain. Can't say I really look forward to it but once in awhile it can be somewhat euphoric. I would much rather be out in what I would call perfect conditions like today. Totally perfect mid October day with temps here just over 50F, blue skies and a gentle breeze. Some color still around though I am about to start dealing with what was once pretty color that is all over my yard. Yes, I have a yard up here. Grrr.

So I ran my standard 14.5mi. loop in the Porkies. Just a little bit awesome the entire way. I would travel a long way for that run but I don't have to.  Perfect epic run.  You downstaters (Moonlight, I think Gator) if you guys ever get over this way you need to contact me and we can meet for a run at either the Porkies or Pictured Rocks.  Anyway the run went well and I was pleased. Having done this route a gazillion times but not recently it gives me a measuring stick on where I am currently at. Pleasantly surprised.

Birdwell

Afternoon folks!

I decided to take a full rest week. so nothing for me today, or at any point this week.

Monday will be a new start.

QOTD: love the rain as long as it was raining when I started. If it hits in the middle and catches me off guard, not so much.

AT- the kid is doing just fine. He's gotten used to the helmet and things are healing nicely.

AT-runner

Tim

AT- the kid is doing just fine. He's gotten used to the helmet and things are healing nicely.

Awesome news!!!

Funny how the mind works, but as I was running today I thought of your little guy.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got out for 8 miles this afternoon.  The longest (distance) I have run since last year.  Did not feel great but not terrible either.  Rain was gone by the time I got out.

Birdwell - cute picture.  Looks like the little guy is enjoying his helmet.

QOTD: Usually I do not mind it.  But cold and rainy I try and stay away from.

Have a great night (whats left of it)!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

I did my last set of back to backs today, and I really took it easy. It was good.

QOTD: As long as it isn't any lightning, I like it.

LB2