Trailer Trash

Fridailies (Read 32 times)

Marley and I had another nice 3 mile trail run.  It was fairly cool in the early hours of the day, but is supposed to be hot later.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

moonlightrunner

TT: how are you adjusting to all that hot weather? Do you stay inside most of the day when it gets hot?

I had a MAGICAL run last night. It was full dark and I ran without a light (i can do that on the gravel bike path). The stars were beautiful. The moon was being held captive at the time and I regretted I did not see his shining face. The stars made an extra effort I think...it was beautiful.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I meant to get up this morning and run but did not.  Had a very bad night last night.  (see yesterday's daily) - I got my AC system apart and back together with new parts.  My dad was their to observe, I clicked on the power and AC, it worked....for about 8 seconds....my dad said the motor popped.  Doh!!!!!!!  So I spent the next few hours fuming, went to bed and apparently could not get up for my run.  So...I am back to having to call someone, and probably pay more money than I was originally quoted.  This is big time "noise" to me right now.

moonlightrunner - that is why you are the moonlight runner.  Nice!

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

muppy

4.8  easy trail miles last night. Was my first real running in about a month,  it was nice getting back out there.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today but may get a walk in later.  Having some issues with my left big toe since my last long run and I'v never had foot issues before. Hope it clears up soon, I don;t have time for this crap.

Muppy - hope you are on the mend.

Moon - living up to your name.

Good luck to all racers and pacers this weekend.

QOTD:  DIY'er or do you call a service person for help?

I'm an avid DIY'er and have renovated several old homes.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TT: how are you adjusting to all that hot weather? Do you stay inside most of the day when it gets hot?

I stay in a lot more than I would in Maryland, but do still get out in the heat of the day.  I have made it a point to run in the cool of the morning, but that is when I prefer to run anyway.

QOTD: More of a DIY'er.  I grew up in the 50's and 60's in a household where we did everything ourselves, so I can build, maintain, or repair just about anything.  That said, especially now that I am getting into my mid 60's, I have been inclined to pay others to do some things when/if I don't want to do them myself.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

LB2

I will get a 5 miler in after work. It will be my first run this week. It has been a busy week, and I have been fighting an ear infection.

QOTD: I am definitely a DIY'er for most things around the house. I don't mess with electricity, though. I even filed my own motions in a lawsuit once when I was sued by some moron. I won. I basically wrote all the settlement for my divorce a few years later, and then I ended up serving as mediator between the attorney and my ex-wife to get her to sign the settlement, which was more than fair. Seriously, it was more than fair. I let her walk away with the same amount of cash she walked in with, actually a little more. And, I represented myself in an administrative court proceeding when my ex-wife tried to sue me for child support. At the end of the proceeding that was initiated by her, the judge announced that she owed me $162.45 per month, but I would have to file a claim with support enforcement. I just let it go. But it was nice to see that it was clear to the court that I was paying for everything, and she was just trying to get money for herself. HAHAHAHAHA. I did have a little bit of help with some of the things I needed to provide in most of those cases, but for the most part, I handled those things on my own.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Hot day out there, and I've so far spent most of it indoors at work. Getting ready for some heat miles now, though.

TT: Probably hotter than here...

moonlight: Sounds nice. I don't run much in the night in summer, but I do in winter.

Jamie: First the motor fumed, then you. Probably a bad constellation of the stars above.

Muppy: I lost track, but I hope you are healing up eventually.

AT: Don't you just love it when such issues that have never been around in your running life before suddenly pop up right before a goal race?

Fighting similar "issues" here, too. I hope the stars will align in our favor soon, very soon!

LB2: Sounds scary on all those legal issues. I guess one better not mess with you.  But nothing wrong with standing up for yourself.

QOTD: Half and half. I used to do a lot myself when I was younger, student living, and being single, then as a single mom, and enjoyed it for the most part. Fairly good results, too, and a respectable learning curve. Nowadays I have a husband. 

Run for fun.

LB2

I don't want to give the impression that I have a lot of legal issues, FTYC.... But I do have to deal with crazy people once in awhile: sue happy tenant and crazy ex-wife.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work and I'm sick. Just about threw up in the back of the ambulance, while I was treating a patient . Feeling a little better now.  Obviously no running in my plans but I'm going to try to get in 400-500 lunges and make a couple of laps around the parking lot.

LB2 - Legal issues are something I will definitely hire someone else to do for me.

QOTD:  Big DIYer. There is very little I won't do around my house. Roofing on the house is one thing I won't touch. Pretty much everything else is fair game. I designed our addition, had a contractor do the rough framing and roof. I did the rest. Getting ready to do a moderate restoration on my Pickup. I find I can invest in some tools and still save money  over having someone else do it. This summer I will put a new roof on at least one of my sheds. I figure a shed is a good thing to learn on. It doesn't matter too much what it looks like and if it leaks it's not as bad as a house roof leaking.

The one thing I have not been very successful at doing is rebuilding bicycle wheels. I even bought an expensive truing stand and still have problems getting them right.

some call me Tim

holy crap is it hot out there! just another 3 today but it's 86 and humid and that's about all I could take... just not acclimated.

moonlight: that sounds wonderful. the nights have still been cool.

boyjame: that sucks. sometimes you eat the bear, and well, you know...

daydeamer: hell, I'd just take the day off, at least from 500 lunges!

qotd: yeah, another avid diy'er. If I don't know it, I'll learn it first. as such I have an impressive stable of skills that I haven't really mastered, but I can fix an awful lot of stuff. I used to say I wouldn't touch electrical work until I moved into a house where I uncovered a bunch of buried duct-taped splices and other scary workmanship. It took about a year and a lot of rechecking, but I know the local residential code pretty well now, and am confident enough that I'm beginning to remove the 10(!) smoke detectors the previous owner had installed.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

4.5 miles with 1,850 ft elevation gain, at 86 degrees. Nice and warm for a change!

The heat didn't bother me, I'm getting acclimated. Now humidity is another thing...

DD1: That stomach bug just left my DD, she was sick with it for 2 days. Hope you'll recover soon!

darg: From your description, the previous owner at least knew he needed the smoke detectors - might have been cheaper than re-wiring the whole house. 

Run for fun.

some call me Tim

darg: From your description, the previous owner at least knew he needed the smoke detectors - might have been cheaper than re-wiring the whole house. 

He's the one that wired 75% of it in the first place! One of those bozo contractors that works out of a beat up old van and thinks that code doesn't apply to him when he does his own work. There's all kinds of crazy stuff here, not all of it bad, either.