Trailer Trash

Ooops!!! It’s the Mondaily (Read 22 times)

Sandy-2

Ooops because I kinda messed up a bit. Due to my cold earlier this month I had two very light weeks, but then I figured I’d push the envelope and come roaring back, so my total weekly miles for the past three weeks have been 4, 35 and 65 (that also includes the b2b 20’s I did over the last 2 days). All was going great, feeling indestructible, lost a few pounds, running a little faster, getting ready for the 100k, etc., etc. . . .  but late yesterday I seem to have developed a little overuse issue with my heel. Today it is feeling better already and I don’t think it’s going to set me back too much, but getting old really sucks.

What that all means is, today is a SRD.

qotd:  Any running related bone-head maneuvers lately?  For me, see above.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Going to try to get 5-ish in after work today, weather a little sketchy but want to get a few shorter runs in the beginning of the week and call it good.  Weather appears to be deteriorating for this upcoming weekend's event, snow and rain forecasted 

qotd: knock on wood  nothing of late

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

No run yet today, but the Lady and I will hit French Creek tonight for 8-9 trails miles. A few runs this past weekend but nothing long. Ran about 11 yesterday at Green Lane and the wildflowers were outstanding. Also moved a zillion cubic yards of mulch to wrap up this seasons mulch-a-thon.

QOTD: Nope. No bone head moves lately in the running department but the taper is just less then 2 weeks away.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

muppy

7.2 early morning miles on the road.

QOTD  A few months ago  I kicked a small stick off the trail while going downhill, I caught my other foot on it and did a nice belly flop landing after thinking I could save myself for a few steps. I'm thinking I cracked a rib a little cause it hurt to breathe for a few weeks.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I didn't run this morning but may take the boys for a run when I get home.  We are heading to the beach Weds to Fri so need to get ready for that.  Spent all weekend in the yard and now the house looks like shit.    Goods news is my whole body is sore.    My running partner text me yesterday to see if I wanted to meet 10:00ish...I took that as 10 miles not 10 am.  So when we hit 5 miles I was like aren't we going to turn around.    We were not.

QOTD:  Nope..

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

Rest day and the start of a two week taper for Yankee Springs 100. Which bring us to the...

QOTD: why yes I always try to throw a bone headed move or two into every race preparation. First of I did every training mile in 20 to 30 degree weather. Long range forecast for race day, 75 and rainy. I feel a heat crash already in the making. Second bone headed move was a 92 mile week 3 weeks out from race day. Knock on wood, but so far I feel pretty good and I might of got away with that one. I caught a glimpse of Mr Jangles slow to get up yesterday so I think he's hurting alittle. I think he ran about 60 of those miles with me last week. He won't like it but he's due for a few extra days off.

moonlightrunner

Holy Crap, Gator! A 92 mile week!

Heading out after work for a 6 to 10. 10 if I goon the gravel bike trail, 6 if decide I can't tolerate anything but a beautiful single track.

Muppy: I think I might have done the same thing last week...I cant take a deep breath or cough without pain.

Qotd: last week running a very gnarly 50k without good training. But...I'd do it all over again anyway.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Daydreamer1

Had a sucky day at work yesterday, then things improved and I took a nap shortly before midnight that ended at 7 am .  It's always nice when EMS stands for "Earn Money Sleeping" .  Now I'm feeling halfway decent and can get some things done around the house before going out for a run. Probably going to do 7-8 miles on the road. If DS goes along I'll hold it to the 7 miles, if not I'll do the 8+ miles.

QOTD:  This past winter I didn't work on speed work at all. This was partly due to following the advice of those that advocate putting in a lot of slow training runs. Supposedly that will help you run faster during a race. The problem is that I developed a short, choppy stride. When I tried to increase my speed I found that I was working a lot harder but not going much faster. I counted my stride rate and realized that was fast enough, between 180-210.  I measured my stride length and found that it was 10-20% shorter than in previous years. Now I've made a effort to increase my stride length. While I've noticed immediate speed gains that has led to another problem.  Tendonitis in my right Achilles . Not that tendonitis is anything new for me, I actually seem to live with it somewhere in my body at all times, but this was bad enough that I had to take Meloxicam for several days to get it under control.

So, I guess you could say that my bone headed move was to just run and not pay attention to training.   It seems like I have to actually pay attention to my training and be semi-structured or I'll just get slower and slower.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Today is definitely a SRD for me.  I managed to both run and move over the weekend, which is a feat in itself.  We're not totally done moving (lots of little odds and ends left to move and cleaning to do), but at least the UHaul part is over with.

QOTD: Nope.  In fact, completely the opposite.  I had the brilliant idea to cut a hole in a pair of Altras in the spot where my foot was bothering me and had my first pain free run on Sunday in a long time.

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Finally returned to the trails and hills after several weeks or more getting ready for D3, then recovering. Ran 4 repeats about 3/4 of the way up Mt Joy. It gets a little rockier and more technical past that and I wanted to minimize the walking, so I turned around early before reaching the top. It started sprinkling as I started my 3rd repeat and was a steady rain by the time I finished and getting progressively harder. I thought about skipping the 4th because the wind was also picking up and I was getting chilled, but decided that wouldn't be an issue once I was back in the trees. I was about 200m from my turn around point when I was startled by a tremendous crack and crash of thunder. No warning, no flash, just a loud boom that sounded like it was practically on top of me. Foolishly I continued to my turn around point before racing down the trail as fast as I thought safe considering the puddles and mud now present. I didn't think I could run that fast at that point in the workout, then picked up the pace more when I reached the asphalt path just about the same time a second crashing boom reminded me that I;d be safer off the path and in my car.

QOTD: Yeah, not eating enough and not eating early enough in my last race.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a good 6 at Blue Marsh lake this afternoon on my way back from a meeting.  Lost of tall grass, wildflowers, stinging medal, etc.  Pulled 3 ticks off me before I even reached the car.  Was a good run though!

Gator - 92 mile week???!!!??!?  What was your breakdown each day?

Mandy - cutting holes in shoes? what is this world coming to?

QOTD: Nothing lately but had plenty in the past.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Gator eye

I did 10 on M,T, and Weds. Took Thurs. off

30 long on Friday, 13 on Sat and another 20 long for Sunday.

i had a 3 day weekend and I put it to use.

moonlightrunner

I did 10 on M,T, and Weds. Took Thurs. offl

Damn, Gator...that is awesome. Are you doing the 100k at Yankee Springs this weekend?

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

umm shit man!  you got a life..you know beside running and Mr Jangles?

I did 10 on M,T, and Weds. Took Thurs. off

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

Lol, not last week