Trailer Trash

Darn Tough Saturday.... (Read 25 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Backcountry has 20% of Darn Tough socks and I just love those socks....3 cute pairs on the way.  They are running socks so appropriate for this thread.  No run today but 9 tomorrow and than we head to the coast.

Qotd:  Are you going Mexican today for Cinco De Mayo?  Guess I'll make enchillidas and DH just bought tequila which we never had so will have margaritas.

QOTD2: what have you bought lately that you are excited about?  See above for me...plus still waiting on my running shoes to arrive.  On a side note I've had a streak of disappointments shopping online and have told myself no more unless its something I already know is good.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

I got up and did 9 mi this morning.  Hip report: first 4 miles nothing, next 3 miles dull roaring pain, last 2 miles nothing (perhaps numbness set in - now afterwards (with Advil) feels ok.

qotd 1: nothing planned.

qotd 2: I'm pretty excited about renewing my Global Entry so I can skip the boarder control line when I return to the US (even more excited since the company pays for it.)  Other than that I bought new shoes to help with my hip problem, so far the results are not that exciting.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Went to the doctor after a terribly painful night an am now banned from work until Tuesday or Wednesday. They think it is influenza. And all winter long I have not even had a cold!

No running for a few days too.

Queen: enjoy the authentic Cinquo de Mayo!

Sandy: I hope your hip will get pain free soon again permanently. I sometimes have slight hip pain, but it usually goes away when I make sure with each step that I maintain the muscle tension all the way down on that side of my body. That is, until my dad reminds me that meanwhile, he has two hip replacements...

QOTD: I had intended to get a piñata and cook something Mexican, but we are now probably just going with leftover tacos from 2 days ago 

QOTD2: haven’t bought nothing lately

Run for fun.

NorthernHarrier

Beautiful day at the shack. Did a 5.5 mile trail effort which was disappointing. Had hoped to do more and the trails are in surprisingly great shape but I am still feeling the effects of last weekends tough half marathon. Just don't recover too quick these days. The lake is breaking up as I type and have put a couple pier sections in so far. Lots of other puttzing to be sure and it's all good work.

Sandy--I always stress when I hear about hip issues with my history. Hope things work out soon.

QOTD 1--there will be burgers over the open fire later, I will use some chipotle as my condiment to celebrate.

QOTD--nothing off the top of my head jumps out at me but with my memory I may have...

runtraildc

4 miles this morning on the trolley trail by the kiddos swim meet. It's a run I do once a year and that is enough, but since I can connect easily to the trail via this pool it works. Glad though he only races at this location once a year.

Q1: nope. It's steak, mushrooms and broccoli for dinner. And maybe a gin and tonic. Pretty all american.

Q2:  I bought a bunch of tomato plants, basil and peppers yesterday. That makes me happy.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

love Darn Tough socks- I've got short ones, tall ones, thin ones, thick ones- a drawer full; on top of being a great sock, their warranty is really good- I've probably sent in 6 or 7 pairs over the years that I felt didn't get the life I should have and they always send me a new pair w/o question

if I've gotten good life out of them, I retire them- which is the category most have fallen into

ran the local 12k course this morning, the race is next weekend- usually run the 30k, but too close to the Bob Open this year, so dropped to the 12k

qotd: chicken street tacos this evening

qotd2: hope DW is looking , bought a new pistol recently, got a Garmin Explorer satellite communicator (for the Open) that I still need more familiarization with, a new knife, a new windshirt, the list goes on

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Sue - I wish I had your foresight on what day today is.  Me and tequila have a love-hate relationship, but I suspect that's the case with most everyone.  Enjoy!

Sandy - That's odd about the hip, but sometimes those niggles hit when you least expect it.  Hope it's better soon.

NH - (from yesterday) - No, I haven't run or hiked Devil's Path (yet), but I know of it.  It's probably a little less than an hour to get to the trail head from our cabin.  It would be a nice day trip hike, but I'd have to convince DW somehow.  I may have to say the trail is called "Angel's Way" and maybe she'll go... but I doubt forgive afterwards.

FTYC - Oh no!  I hope it's not the flu.  If so, wishing you a speedy recovery.

runtrail - Too funny you know the trails by a swim meet location.  Nice!

warden - OK, when a satellite communicator is part of your gear, that's pretty hard core.  Nice job on that 12K for a warm-up to Bob.

10 this morning.  Just tapering and trying to stay fit (i.e. - not fat).

QOTD1 - Might have to get some tacos and margaritas tonight.  Hmmm.....

QOTD2 - Picked up a couple tin cups, bowls, and a cooking pot for Montour for coffee and soup.  Figured that's better than wasting disposables and we can use them later too.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

XtremeTaper

Nice spring chill here today. Low 60's, grey and cool. I will be heading out in a few for 6-7 miles with the Lady as soon as I get done dealing with the bank. Seems some Aussie tried to use my debit card this morning. Went to check out at grocery store and card was denied.

Busy day yesterday. Beautiful day, knee felt decent and the Lady and I had a very pleasant 9 miles out at Birdsboro watershed. A number of folks out and about with friendly unleashed dogs. After the run, we went shopping for a few shrubs and ornamental trees for the gardens, planted a few of those, moved mulch for 3 hours, mowed the yard, and finally chilled out with a few beers in the hot tub then watched Lebronto do it again.

QOTD1: No Mexican yesterday. Had hot dogs and beans instead. I was too bushed to prepare much of a meal. Just wanted beer after all the yard work.

QOTD2: Most recent purchase was aforementioned trees and shrubs for the garden. We picked up an umbrella pine, a very small one, so excited to see that one grow. They are slow growers. We had one many moons ago but it got diseased and passed on after about 10 years. I should have never moved it to the cursed front bed. Lost multiple things there for some reason.

Berto - Good luck next week. Your training has been spot on. My only advice is not to stop too often, considering the nature of the course (short loops).

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Got to go against the grain and say I'm not a fan of Darn Tough socks for trail running  I'll use them to hike, but they slip, for me, while running any technical trail. Tried a few types, and when I take my shoes off they are always twisted up. DryMax for me. They don't slip and dry quickly.

Played golf and short run yesterday.  Treadmill today, and took two naps and I'm still tired.

QOTD: Had Mexican pizza and a margarita. Having "Seis de Mayo" today with enchiladas and the two local kids are coming over for dinner.

QOTD 2 : bought new irons for golf. I love them.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

XT - Thanks and thanks!  Yeah, a short loop course will make it tempting to stop.  We'll see how well my hard head mental fortitude holds up.

AT - It's gotten warmer lately, so maybe that's taken a bit more out of you.  I took a nap today too :-)

7 easy this morning.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Hello hello.  19.1 miles today, 46 for the week.  Spent the day yesterday at an aid station for the Miwok 100k race.  Seemed like a reasonably good day for running but a tad warm in exposed sections of the course (where we were on the ridge, in the shade, with a breeze, it was chilly most of the day).  Two RC friends finished, and another came in after the cutoff.

I just noticed that I'll be getting a pair of Darn Tough socks for doing the Pinelands 50k (Maine) at the end of the month.  Excited to try them out.  I'm not too particular about socks.  I like Drymax, but not enough to pay big bucks for them.  I'm equally happy with the 5-pairs-for-12-dollars Faalke socks that I got at a race expo a couple years ago.

QOTD: ate aid station fare yesterday but made quesadillas for lunch today.

QOTD2: I got a pair of jeans on clearance at BananaRepublic.com.  Plus I had a discount coupon so they were extra cheap.  I'm normally leery of buying clothes online but these fit perfectly.  I'm sadly excited about this purchase.

Queen, now I'm craving a margarita.

Bert-o, yep, I sort of have a love-hate relationship with a few alcoholic beverages.

FTYC, on no on the flu!

Sandy, maybe the hip felt better after getting warmed up?

Warden, those Garmin tracker things are nifty.  I've followed people doing various things in different parts of the world with that technology.  Can't remember exactly what they used but it sounds like what you've got.  Try it at your race next weekend and sent us a link.  

Hi to everyone else.  Laundry and other exciting chores this afternoon.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Probably 4 or 5 naps today.

I had had to get up in the late afternoon because one of our cats had confused DS’s carpet under his bed with her litter box. Got a rug doctor machine and was barely able to do that, with the help of my sons. DD did the cleanup, after we all had moved a shelf and the bed out of the way. Must love those small spaces.

I was absolutely exhausted from that.

Cats, they kill ya, literally.

AT: sounds like my back yard. Almost everything I have planted there died. Except for one lone daffodil and a few tulips, between a few small trees. I have never figured it out and given up on beautiful flower beds back there. Weeds thrive there, however. Still a nice place for birds at least.

Gatsby: nice miles.

Berto: good run.

XT: seems you had more luck with the weather today than us.  Must have been a pleasant run.

Run for fun.