Trailer Trash

Weary (actually just lazy) weekender (Read 14 times)

Daydreamer1

Feeling tired and unmotivated.  Just that lazy type of day where it's hard to get interested in anything.  Went to bed feeling   Exhausted animated emoticon.    Woke up 11 hours later feeling a little more  Big Dancing Banana animated emoticon.   Now I'm back to just feeling like being a total slug for the day Island animated emoticon.

My hips are really tight so I have been stretching a good bit.   Comes from my increase in mileage.   No run today but will probably do 30-60 minutes on the elliptical at a easy effort along with more stretching and maybe some lifting.

QOTD:  Who does the gift wrapping around your house or do get them wrapped when you buy them?   I end up wrapping as many as DW does because DS doesn't wrap any if he can help it. DD does most of her own.

Happy holidays to all and wishing everyone safe travels.

Santa drinking animated emoticon       Grinch animated emoticon    Mistletoe emoticon      Star of David on Apple iOS 11.2      Xmas snowball fight animated emoticon

Sandy-2

Holy crap, that's a lot of stuff going on there DD1 !!!  (I should add, quite festive, I like it.)

I had a great 15 mi run with my DD this morning.  81 deg temps yesterday gave way to 40 deg this morning, much better.  We ran along the riverside Greenway (that's the one that was closed but I snuck on to after the hurricane). Anyway, it was simply a nice run with my DD and kicked off her 'semi-official' training for Rocky Raccoon.

qotd: We each wrap the stuff we bought for each other.  Then fight over who has to wrap the kids stuff.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

AT-runner

Tim

Skipped my morning run. DW was not feeling great (she got my cold) and was stressing about her family coming over.  So after 31 years of marriage I know it was better to help her than run. After they leave we might do an evening run,or at least a walk.

All the kids and their significant others are in the house. Lots of music being played. Music room is going to get a work out. We love it.

Merry Christmas, happy holidays, etc.

Dd - nice work on the decorative post.

Sandy - I’m sure it was a great run with your DD. Enjoy her training.

Queen - caught 3 mice, but not rats here.

QOTD: I end up doing most of the wrapping. I’m faster and make better corners.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

5 mile run, with another couple miles of walking.

That's a great array of emoticons, DD!

QOTD: DH and I try to keep Christmas simple. Only one present each, plus a present for each of the birds (which is usually a bag of nuts or treat).  Everything is wrapped in newspaper.  Reduce, reuse, recycle!  We do use wrapping paper or gift bags for presents for nieces and nephews.  I wrap those.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

AT-runner

Tim

Did get a walk last night and a run this morning. Beautiful Christmas eve run around the reservoir.  Now going to enjoy the day with all the kids being home.

Have a very blessed day.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

GC100k

Didn't know what this afternoon would involve, so I got in ~5 miles this morning starting before sunrise.

Looks like a hike with the kids this afternoon.

Sandy-2

Slept in, then did 9 mi in the late morning.  Now waiting for DD and her DBF to come over for the afternoon and dinner. Star Wars may follow.

Merry Christmas everyone. 🎄

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 9 this morning on one of my favorite trails.  Then as I was going into the grocery store the DH was leaving with flowers... It's our annivasary.  Twenty years.  Heading to a friends later and heading to the cost tomorrow morning.

Qotd: If we bought gifts I would wrap them.  I always loved wrapping and would wrap for my mother at home.  One year my brother got underwear.  So I made a lower torso and put the underwear on it.  Wouldn't be complete without a strip of masking tape with a shit streak added to it. 

Merry Christmas everyone and if your offended by that you can go ....I mean have a great weekend!  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

fought tough roads to my DD’s; could be worse tomorrow when we head home-  snow called for tonight

a chilly (8 degrees) 2.5 miles with my DGS, DW and Tiny E- too chilly for my DGD.

qotd: DW does all wrapping- never mastered it

Merry Christmas everyone!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Went to church, came home a popped a ham in the oven then DS came home. He'll be home until tomorrow night. A head light went out on his car so he wanted to change the bulb.  3 hours later and after dropping the bumper cover he had two new bulbs in his car.  Whatever happened to the days when you could just pop a headlight out and put in a whole new one?  So much for German engineering.

Got in a nice hour on the elliptical last night. Working on the car messed up my planned run so tonight might just be a little weight lifting.

GC100k

Looks like a hike with the kids this afternoon.

Had a very nice hike with the kids on the AT yesterday.

I often say I couldn't sleep past 5 AM if you paid me to, but today I was determined to stay in bed until 7. Got up at 5 for a bit and then said "no, it's Christmas, I am going back to sleep" and went back to bed. I think I actually fell asleep for awhile. Watched the digital clock go 6:58, 6:59, and 7:00 and then got up and fist-pumped. I did it, I managed to stay in bed until 7.

Now I've been sitting and doing nothing for over an hour while I wait for the rest of the family to wake up.