Trailer Trash

torrential rains/tornadoes? Thursdaily (Read 45 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

No running again, but I put a lot of sweat into doing yardwork yesterday, so at least I had one outlet to steam off energy.

No rain or tornadoes in my area, although thick black clouds are hanging over the little hill in the back of the house since the early morning, and the wind is trying to undo the yard cleanup I did yesterday. Angry

traildc: Thank you, Nancy, I hope things will go smoothly. BadMotherRunner, boyjame and Daydreamer1 are also in, and there was another runner from this forum, not a regular - just don't remember the name. There is a separate thread on the Hyner in the PA Trail and Ultra Group forum, for anyone looking for more info.

Birdwell: Nice miles, just too bad they took the life out of your Smartwool socks. I might try the Darn Tough socks, too.

DD2: Good morning run!

Jamie: I think there is no such thing as being ready for the Hyner. And if you think you are, then the weather changes...

Harrier: Great cabin getaway, and nice distraction from the sap boiling!

Muppy: Feels good to air out those running shoes again!

lace: Course preview, or a taste of the post-run re-hydration supplies? Have fun!

warden: Nice snowshoe workout, must have been fun!

John: "middle" is hard to define, it can be anywhere between the Appalachians and the coastal ridges of the Rockies, I guess.

Jamezilla: New equipment requires some extensive testing, just to make sure. Good thing you got enough rest!

TT: Fog and drizzle, sounds good (sometimes).

Rocky: Let's see, 7-6, that's 11 hours. Yes, just a short run, but at least, a run! Big grin

Duke: Sounds like a lot of fun for your race. Joking I think Madison Mandy lives to tell the story about the Potawatomi 100k last year...

jonfer: Sounds like a great area for running. Oh, and I hope it will work out with the job!

QOTD: I have good gear, but always buy it on sale, or some special deal. I think my summer shirts and hats are the cheapest, usually race swag or some free promotional item. Can't go cheap on socks (my toes rebel against any seams) or gloves (my fingers threaten to freeze solid and fall off as soon as the temp drops below 55 deg).

Run for fun.

SRD for me.

I went to a really nice memorial run and candlelight vigil last night with my local running club. Apparently I made it on the news but I didn't see it.

QOTD: I guess the one thing I "skimp" on are sports bras. They are over $50 in some places and I can't fathom spending that much. I find ones for $15 at Old Navy that are fine as long as I wear them inside out to prevent chafing. Everything else I buy is not cheap, but I try to find sales online as much as possible.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Well, looks like I'm a strong contender for a job in Nyack, NY. I'm going down

on Monday for a face-to-face interview, it's looking real good though.

Guess what the first thing was I looked for? You guessed it, kids, we will

be within a stones through of several major trail running spots. Hook Mt. about

a mile away, Harriman SP, Bear Mt. SP, not to mention being close to lots

of races in upstate NY and PA! I'm stoked!! The job is pretty good too.

Fingers crossed for you Jon!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

5 mile nice and easy "jetlag run" this morning.  Steamy tropical conditions at 5am - welcome back to TX I guess.  But we are supposed to get some crazy weather this afternoon and then the temps will drop by 30 deg in the evening.   It does have the makings for some torrential rains and tornadoes north of us, but they said that we should be ok. That's why I elected to run early this morning, plus I have some visitors in town today that I'll probably have to take out to dinner tonight.

jonferg:  got my fingers crossed for you.  Good luck.

qotd:  I don't skimp on shoes but I do buy "last years" model/colors on sale when I can.  All the other stuff I either go with race give-aways or on the cheep.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Well, looks like I'm a strong contender for a job in Nyack, NY. I'm going down

on Monday for a face-to-face interview, it's looking real good though.

Guess what the first thing was I looked for? You guessed it, kids, we will

be within a stones through of several major trail running spots.

Awesome, Jon!  I hope you get the job!  Keep us informed!

Also, KL Duke, feel free to start your own thread.  You might get more responses that way.  I ran a VERY wet and muddy 50 miler once.  Parts of your body that you never knew existed will be sore afterward.

Running is dumb.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Hey johnferg...Nyack is my neck of the woods!  Good luck!

**Ask me about streaking**

jonferg67

Endless trails

I'm not sure why I'm so reluctant to share personal information on this forum, you

folks are always encouraging and supportive. I really appreciate it!!

Trailsncocktails: Maybe we can connect for a run when you visit the area.

Jamezilla: That's great, maybe you can point me toward the good trails.

Thanks again, trashers.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm not sure why I'm so reluctant to share personal information on this forum, you

We're also stalkers and murderers.  :look:

Running is dumb.

Uh oh... now what?

I would much rather have you gainfully employed than to be worried about you

showing up at the front door thinking we will feed you after a run--a shower and

a clean towel, yes... but no food.

Okay, maybe a sandwich, but not on the homemade bread.  You get the white

Wonder Bread... do they still make that stuff?  And no olives or pickles.

Best wishes in your interview... holler if you need us to create a reference thread.

Watoni

Some great runs out there ... my hamstrings are still quite tight from my first 50-miler and the bonk.

I was pretty fast on the bike uphill today, though ... go figure.

And, go Jon!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

6 miles after work.  Have been running and occasionaly reading the forum but just really busy at work so not a lot of feedback.

Jaime:  I love my Cascadia and the green color.

QOTD:  My shoes are the most expensive.  Or maybe the shirts from races that cost over $100.

Northern:  What an awesome time you have at that cabin.  Mabye Otter babies in the summer?

Cocktails and Trails: I do the same thing with cheap running bras, turn inside out for long runs.

Jon:  Good luck!! Smile

Mandy:  Are you in love?  You haven't been around much lately.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy:  Are you in love?  You haven't been around much lately.

LOL!  Hi, Sue.  Smile  I'm around...running here and there.  Still battling this damn injury.

Running is dumb.

Uh oh... now what?

In my easily amazed world... four days in a row, each a little higher effort--in

shorts for two of them, partially blinded by the reflection of the sun off the stark

whiteness of my legs.

I apologize for my off-center geography joke.  When we were in Jersey, folks

would talk about going out west and it would turn out they meant Wapakoneta

or Louisville.  I was from Missouri then.  Nowadays we listen to national news

and often wonder what they mean when they get to "for the western regions."

QOTD:  We use the Brooks outlet store mostly.  I stay one or two models

behind, but seldom pay more than $70 for shoes.  I am most picky about

socks or wind/rain stuff.  I run in the wet a lot and in a 38º-50º plus wind

environment most of the time.  Uh oh... gloves--Raynaud and I are old friends,

I have several pairs and styles of gloves.  And caps.

Our downfall is the REI corporate headquarters store is only forty-five minutes

from the ferry.