Trailer Trash

Torrential Downpour Tuesday (Read 28 times)

LB2

Looks like these storms may come in a little sooner than expected. It is thundering outside right now. This may end up as a URD.

QOTD: Are you happy with how things turned out for your running in 2014?

I couldn't be happier with my year of running. It is unusual for my running to work out better than I planned, but it really was a great year of running. The only thing I did not get to do was pace Kelly at Cajun Coyote, but I had just as much fun hanging out with Kelly and Jo at Aid Station 3 helping other runners. It was a stellar year.

LB2

Occasional Runner

Heading out now for some mountain miles with the puppy. It's COLD but the rain has finally stopped.

QOTD: I had a miserable 2014 for running. It started out well, but the last 9 months have been a series of major disappointments. I'm looking forward to hitting the RESET button.

Marley seems to be on the mend after the vet gave her something to settle her digestive tract down a bit, but I think a rest day is in order so she can recuperate.

QOTD: I had a good running year if measured by how much I enjoyed it.  My total mileage was less than last year, but I am not concerned as long as I am getting out regularly and enjoying the trails.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

Had an UTD (unscheduled treadmill day) today.  Buckets-O-Rain right now, and not letting up to the afternoon.  Did 800's on the TM.  That's the one thing that can keep my mind interested long enough to get some mileage in.

DD#1 and DS fly home early tomorrow morning.  Picking them up at the airport for a 12:45am arrival.  Hope to get a nap in sometime today. It's going to be a long night.

QOTD:  I'm like TT, I run primarily for stress relief and the fun of being in the woods, so yes, it was a good year.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

was going to run and strength train yesterday as I had the day off, the run happened, strength training didn't- so strength training this evening

qotd: other than 10 weeks out w/ a stress fracture in my heel, it was a good year- I think my highlights for the year were my overnight running trips- I thoroughly enjoyed these adventures carrying everything I needed on my back

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

some call me Tim

No rain here, and somewhat milder temps. I got myself up ungodly early to do an 8 miler in the city with some friends, something that almost never happens(the company, particularly). I'm always struck by how much ground you can cover in an hour in the city.

qotd: It was a great year, even if I had my first injury in more than two years at the end of it... qualified for Boston and more importantly started running some longer distances on the trails and discovered I loved it even more than I thought I would, if that's possible. For that reason alone I'd call it a banner year.

Today is my birthday and I'm working from home, so I'm hoping to squeeze in a few miles at lunch. Maybe in the rain if it hasn't stopped by then.

QOTD:  I accomplished what I wanted to do in 2014 (PR in all my shorter distances, including 13.1, 10k, 5k)  but that was very early on in the year. I also planned on BQing between 2014/15 but decided I didn't feel like training for a road marathon. The 2nd half of 2014 included a lot of rest and recovery, which I suppose will be good for a big 2015.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ Happy Birthday 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

hog4life

Happy Birthday!

I'd like to get 6 or so after work. My elbow is turning all sorts of beautiful colors from the spill I took last Saturday. Damned rock jumped right under me as I was falling.

2014 was pretty decent, except for a case of tendinitis in my shin. I was still able to run more miles than I ever have in years past.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Happy B' day, Dani!

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Watoni

All day travel yesterday from CA to MD to visit my in-laws for the Christmas, then the day after to Del Mar to see my mom for a few days. My mother-in-law is not out of the hospital yet, so we will visit her shortly and I will plan for  Xmas dinner in the hospital.

I might get out for a super short run today and will try for something longer tomorrow.

QOTD: I would echo Kelly about disappointment, though in his case I am not sure I would agree .... Smile

Good: Finished Mt. Tam Double Century and Knoxville (CA) Double Centuries, did 100km of Javelina on a wonky ankle. Italy trip was awesome despite Lavaredo injury and resulting DNF. Had some great runs, even with tight Achilles lately.

Bad: Ankle injury at Lavaredo, ankle and Achilles problems ever since. Two DNFs, one due to the ankle injury, and one due to altitude sickness. Got slow and fat, need new cycling shoes and wait is 12 weeks or so.

Oh, and Happy B'Day Trails .... have a cocktail for me Wink

Queen of Nothing

Sue

My lunch run was great yesterday so doing a repeat today..5  miles. I am actually going to wear shorts as it is sunny and 60 here.  However, we may actually get snow Christmas eve...hoping.

QOTD:  Just went though my last year's goals and the answer to that was failed.  But that is ok because the future looks bright. 

Happy Birthday Trails n Cocktails..indulge!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Today is my birthday 

Happy birthday, Dani.  Hope you have a great day.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Happy Birthday, T&C!  Smile

I'm still resting, so I have nothing really to report.  This time of the year is not good to be injured.  I'm turning into a fatty from all the cookies and lunches and treats. 

QOTD: I am happy that I had surgery and got my hip fixed up so hopefully I can do some decent running next year.

Running is dumb.

Thanks for all the bday wishes! So far, it's been a good one since I managed to get in a misty 6 miles during lunch and we're going ice skating later.