Trailer Trash

Fabulous Fridaily! (Read 31 times)

moonlightrunner

It is Friday, I don't have to go to work and I have a long run canned for later. That all adds up to fabulous. My four-legged run buddy and I will have a great time. She runs hooked on her retractable leash from my waist belt and makes me run faster.

Qotd: what exciting running/ non running plans do u have for the weekend?

I am hoping for 3 long (for me, lately) runs. I may try to throw some fast walking in also. Have to prepare Easter baskets, get plastic eggs (they are to I young to color eggs). Easter Dinner on Sunday with parents, sister, DD and DGC. DS works. Weather will be so so until Sunday...then nasty out.

Hope you all have a great day!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

Good morning, and TGIF.  Half of my staff called in sick today, so now waiting on pins and needles for the other half to get sick.  Hopefully I'll avoid the plaque that's going around or get it quickly so I'm not sick next weekend for my trip.

SRD today.  May walk a bit to fight off taper madness.

QOTD:  10 mile run tomorrow and shorter one on Easter Sunday.  Nothing too exciting as I'll likely stay off trails to avoid any chances of injury by falling or turning and ankle. Did I mention taper madness?

Have a great weekend everyone.  And Happy Easter to those who celebrate.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

DigDug2

Working a half day today, will go out for 6-7 easy this afternoon.

QOTD:  nothing big - coloring Easter eggs, cooking up some feast for Sunday, running a bit and enjoying spring-like weather.

AT:  is this your GC trip?  I may have missed the details, but would be curious to hear your plan - which trails, what you're taking, solo or with company, etc.  Is the water turned on yet?

runtraildc

Morning!  Didn't get up early to run, skipped yesterday's planned yoga and don't know what I'm doing today.  Everything hinges on a dental appt later this morning.  I've been ignoring monitoring an off and on again tooth issue, and I'm finally going in.  So, we'll see.  I'm hoping to get in 4 or 5 miles in tonight.  Between thunderstorms that are in the forecast.

qotd:  Hmm,  might depend on what my dentist says  .  Non-running, I'm getting 3 cu yards of mulch delivered today and it's the first day of spring break for my kiddos.  I'm going with supervising mulch shoveling and spreading from my lawn chair (with a cocktail in hand, of course).

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!   Strength training this evening (missed last Friday and Monday this week )

qotd: going to run the DFMI 35k course this weekend, will be longest run since last fall; think my DW has a nice Easter meal planned

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Good Friday everyone.

Had to alter my plans last night as work was nuts but the Lady and I did get out for a muddy 5 at Green Lane. The ice is almost gone from the lake but a few small patches are hanging on here and there. Rain and t-storms forecast today. I will try to squeeze some miles in this evening if possible.

QOTD: I'm on-call this weekend and also sort of tapering so no big plans. Maybe a few 8-10 mile runs, and get things organized for my trip next week. I need some golf balls, new shorts, and maybe a couple of new golf shirts. A trip to the driving range would he helpful too.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Sitting on the couch with blanky enjoying a cup of coffee...if I get going right now I could get 6 in...but this couch feels so good and we are getting the Outside network.  Same company that does the magazine.  Some interesting stuff....but so wrong to skip a run to watch people who are getting out there to do what they love.    So long story short...I will do my lunchtime 5.

QOTD:  Mt biking tomorrow and need to take the dogs for a hike.  Sunday is long run with group but no idea how far and we are expecting rain...hopefully the rain will hit after noon and then husband and I can do lunch and a movie.  My Dad turns 80 on Sunday ...family party in MI that I will miss because my Mom didn't tell be about it.  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

AT:  is this your GC trip?  I may have missed the details, but would be curious to hear your plan - which trails, what you're taking, solo or with company, etc.  Is the water turned on yet?

Yes, Heading to GC next Saturday.  Running Monday 4/13.  SK-NK-BA for our R3 run.  It's a running buddy and I going out and we've hooked up with a few on a FB page but will run our pace.  We're heading out at 5:00am.  Water is sporadic right now due to weather and construction, so we'll have our Sayer mini-filters with us.  We know someone who is working at Phantom right now, so getting good intel.

moonlightrunner

Have a great time! Looking forward to reading about your adventure. I hope the Weather God's are good to you.

Yes, Heading to GC on Saturday.  Running Monday 4/13.  SK-NK-BA for our R3 run.  It's a running buddy and I going out and we've hooked up with a few on a FB page but will run our pace.  We're heading out at 5:00am.  Water is sporadic right now due to weather and construction, so we'll have our Sayer mini-filters with us.  We know someone who is working at Phantom right now, so getting good intel.

NorthernHarrier

First interval session of the season on my measured trail in the Arb. I little slow this time but it felt good to turn them over at a brisk pace. I'll ease into more speed over the next few weeks. The trails in the Arb were in outstanding shape. The weather of the last few days has helped a lot.  Hopefully nothin' but good dirt from here on.

That growler that I planned on saving for Saturdays big game is almost gone. Rather sad. Not really sure what happened. 

QOTD- New canoe arrives after lunch on Saturday.  Big game Saturday night.  All Big10 championship on Monday. (I wish) Probably a little biking and a real long, hilly trail run in the Kettle Moraine at some point.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

That growler that I planned on saving for Saturdays big game is almost gone. Rather sad. Not really sure what happened. 

Whoops!  What did you get?

Running is dumb.

DigDug2

Yes, Heading to GC on Saturday.  Running Monday 4/13.  SK-NK-BA for our R3 run.  It's a running buddy and I going out and we've hooked up with a few on a FB page but will run our pace.  We're heading out at 5:00am.  Water is sporadic right now due to weather and construction, so we'll have our Sayer mini-filters with us.  We know someone who is working at Phantom right now, so getting good intel.

Sounds great, and the weather looks decent.  It's an awesome run (especially the NK north of Cottonwood) - have a great trip!

AT-runner

Tim

Can't you just get a 6 pack of Old Style like the rest of the Badger fans? 

GO Badgers !!!

Daydreamer1

Ended up getting in a nice fast 4.5 mile run yesterday afternoon, turning the loop in my fastest time in 2 years. Considering that I've been really slow this year I was really happy with that. Getting ready to head up on the mountain in a little bit for about 10 miles on the trails.

runtrail -  Having some issues with my teeth as well. At this point I think it's sinus pressure making the teeth hurt, but I'll be scheduling an appointment soon to get things checked out.

DigDug - Good to see you back posting.

warden - Wish I could force my self to do more strength training.

Queen - Didn't know that outside had a channel. I'll have to look to see if we have that at work.

AT - Have a good trip. Hope things go well for you at GC.

QOTD:  Running wise I'm looking at getting in 3-4 days of double digit miles or at least lots of hill training.  Non-running wise this is our anniversary weekend. DW has been putting up with my $hit   for the past 24 years so we'll have some type of minor celebration.  Sunday our Church will have sunrise services and I'm sure we will put a ham in the oven.

moonlightrunner

Had a nice 7 miler with the Pointer. She loves our runs as much as I do. She is my pacer. I did pull the first tick of the season off her. It was crawling, and not much bigger than a flea. Reminds me I need to get her to a vet and purchase some Deep Woods Off. Mosquitoes cannot be far behind.