Trailer Trash

Suggestions for June 50-miler or 100k (Read 312 times)

I stuck this one on the ultra forum - Silver City Idaho 100k June 22 , the link icon won't come up for me here is the address

http://pickledfeetultras.com/scer/100k/

I saw that; thanks Valerie!  May be more challenging than I'm looking for, but I'll put it on the list.

Edited: actually, the 50K might be a better option.  I'd probably need way too much recovery with the 100K, but I would bet the 50K is more of an ass-kicker than some of the 50-milers I have on the list!  And if Weegee gets in to Hardrock, then he'll need something like this.

- San Juan Solstice is a good one.  Pretty hard.  Lotsa climbing, great views. Like a mini-Hardrock.

- Bighorn is beautiful.  The wildflowers are amazing... absolutely amazing.

- North Fork isn't a terribly hard race, it's at a fairly low elevation and tends to be VERY hot... much of it is in a burn area.  It's a good race though, very well run.  I've worked at the Buffalo Creek A/S a few years.  Wouldn't be my first pick for a (a) Colorado classic race and (b) CCC100 training run.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I saw that; thanks Valerie!  May be more challenging than I'm looking for, but I'll put it on the list.

Edited: actually, the 50K might be a better option.  I'd probably need way too much recovery with the 100K, but I would bet the 50K is more of an ass-kicker than some of the 50-milers I have on the list!  And if Weegee gets in to Hardrock, then he'll need something like this.

I thought it looked like fun but didn't make up there this year , I think I might try the 50k next year . I have a friend that does a lot of endurance( horse ) rides in that area and loves it .

And the winner is... BIGHORN!

A friend of ours is running the 100, so she encouraged a few of us to sign up as well (I'm in for the 50, my husband for the 100).  Every report I've read says how beautiful a course it is, albeit tough.  Bring it!