Trailer Trash

snowshoeing Easter sundaily (Read 20 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

hoping to get out for a snowshoe trip into the Elkhorns; has a really tough run yesterday- combination of distance and elevation took it's toll

few pics from yesterday

cairn art

Elkhorns in the background, hopefully I'll be there today

qotd: Easter plans?  none hear, DW is visiting youngest DD, so I'm batching it for a couple of days- snowshoe trip and probably hot dogs or hamburgers 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

I guess I sorta forgot it's Easter.  Not really a big deal for me but I suppose I maybe should call home...   It's been raining here for a day and a half so as I'm boiling water from the sap the rain is replenishing it, grrr! I'll be heading out for a 6 mile road run from here as I can't be gone too long. Have to fill the pans and then stoke up the fire and hope I get back before I accidently make candy.  My legs are kind of shot from hauling buckets of sap thru the woods.

Had two eagles flying around over my point a few minutes ago. Appeared to be a little courtship stuff I'm guessing, I turned away 

QOTD--just another day for me. Collect sap, split wood, chainsaw stuff, a few other chores. Good stuff actually.

muppy

5.9 miles last night on the road.

Mtwarden, nice pictures!

Harrier,  i've made maple syrup before with my son,  it was fun but seem like a lot of work for about a quart of syrup.

QOTD We both work today and then going to my moms for dinner.

AT-runner

Tim

Back from my trip to Hilton Head. Nice week and I got in 62 miles but still managed to gain 2 pounds. WTF.  Too much going out and too many craft beers.

DW and I ran 5 miles early today and it was pretty cold and windy. Hills felt good after all the flat miles from last week. Then we did brunch with my Mom, oldest sister and BIL. Now I'm probably up 3 pounds.

Warden - enjoy your solitude.

NH - candy would be nice if you do run too long. Good luck with syrup

Muppy - Imagine things are picking up at work with the weather changing.

QOTD:  Our plans are done. Now going to take it easy and then watch some basketball later.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

A very busy weekend for me, too much visiting and running.  Is there such a thing???

On Saturday I ended up not meeting up with the little group (later found out that they didn't go to the meeting place...  where I was waiting for them...  - Grrrr, no comment.)  But I went on a great 20 miler anyway. Below is an elevation chart (mileage is a bit off due to a little 'user error' in the mapping...) and then some photos. I took a taxi to the trail head that goes up a bit to start, then has a few more ups/downs along the ridge of which I did an out-n-back, before plunging back down. Then I ran home for the last part along the flat hike/bike path (my legs were trashed by that point, but I guess it was good training to go 7 or 8 flat miles on tied legs.)

qotd: we didn't do anything for Easter. But I did go on a flat 5 mi run to loosen up a bit.

About half way up the mountain there is a little hermitage with a pair of these carvings.

Getting near the top, the trail is straight ahead then turns goes right.

Somewhere along the trail, looking back at the ridge, almost time to turn around and go back.

Another one from along the ridge you can see the fortress wall I am running along in the distance (actually this is an older photo from the same trail).

On the way down the plunge, but looking backwards up the hill.

Going down the plunge toward the "mean" streets of Busan.

For some reason I didn't bother to take any photos of the hike/bike path...  which isn't actually too bad.    :-)

tbd.

Sandy-2

Let me see if this works.  Taken about half way down the hill.  Near the trail there also is a little Temple, it was nice to stop, listen and take in the surroundings before getting back to the streets.

(Sorry, I tried to post a video. It didn't work.)

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran about sux at the end of the day.  Ran 7 yesterday..yes these are my long runs and I am ok with that. (Am I?) tonights run was nice as the sun was setting and a storm moving in so very oretty sky.

Qotd: i went on a easter egg hunt in my yard and ended up with. Half a bucket if stinky chocolate eggs.  

Trailrunner dc:  ewww ewww eeeeewwwww from saturday... Snakes yuck... Esoecially water snakes the worst.

sandy and warden: love the pictures .. We need more pictures....need to run with my camera.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄