Trailer Trash

ColumbusDaydaily (Read 20 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning all!  Got two nice runs in over the weekend (12 & 5-ish)- weather was perfect, read cool 

I have today off so thinking about heading to the Elkhorns and giving Casey Peak a go; calling for wet & cold- I'm sure it will be snow up high.

qotd: Columbus Day off?  not sure why it's a federal (and state here as well) holiday to be honest, it's pretty well known the Americas were discovered well before Columbus made it here; the schools here don't get the day off, but I do dammit! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I ran a nice and easy 3 this morning before daylight. I ventured across the highway this morning and ran and out and back on a logging road to add about a mile to my 2 mile loop.

QOTD: No rest for the wicked. I have to work today.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Not sure of run plans today. Nursing a gimpy left knee (patellar tendinitis/strain I believe). Of course I ran both days this past weekend.

Saturday I hit the flat Schuylkill River Rail Trail (SRT) near Birdsboro in search of the newly opened Hopewill Big Woods connector trail. I came up empty the first try running into Birdsboro but found it heading east. This is a rail trail type surface, wide, soft packed cinders but unlike a rail trail it climbs up 400-500 feet in 2 miles. It climbs up from the Schuylkill river into the big woods up near French Creek State Park, though it's not completely connected to the park yet. Anyways, the grade is very light as it curves back and forth up a big open field area between wooded areas. There are some very nice open views of Monocacy Hill, the Oley Valley, and distant mountain/hill tops to the north. Will be pretty spectacular view of fall colors in a few weeks. I can see this being a pretty awesome surface/trail for some uphill and downhill tempo runs as the surface and grade is so easy. All in all about 9 miles on Saturday with the wandering and out/back, up/down on the new trail.

Sunday was 11 cool and blustery miles along the lake with the Lady. We saw many horsey folk. Typically I just see walkers and trotters out there but we had galloping displays yesterday. The cool breezes must have made the horses frisky.

QOTD: Nope. Never in my life have I had Columbus Day off.

Jamie - Congrats on the finish, but come on man couldn't you be 2 minutes faster?!  Big grin

Sandy - Hope it went well and not too much rain or wind. It was hard to tell from the radar what you might have experienced.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning! I am sitting here at home chilling with the kids.  DW works, kids have off, so I took the day off which also worked out well after OC.  I finished.  And yes XT, 2 minutes faster would have been great! I ran without a watch so I wasn't obsessing about time, not too much anyway.  I finished in 16:01 and change.  RR will be coming...when I can get my thoughts straight.  For now, I got to get DS1 to the dentist to get a tooth pulled....oh that should be fun.  

I am sore for sure.  This was 4 hours longer than I have gone before.  So needless to say probably not much running this week.  Walking - sure maybe.

blarg - did you talk to Matt yet? Pretty funny story how we met up.

QOTD: See above.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Nice sunrise run on Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte trails this morning in Sedona, AZ. Probably over 6 miles but hard to tell because we stopped often to soak in the beauty. Heading to Grand Canyon early tomorrow for hike on South Kaibab trail and then Wednesday going to Antelope Canyon on our way to Kanab.

Vegas was interesting, to say the least. Saw "Love" and that was worth it. Just like Atlantic City with a little less trash and no ocean. No need to ever go back.

I'll post pictures when I get back to my computer. Can't do it with my phone.

Nice job racers. Now RR time.

QOTD: If I wasn't on vacation I'd be working.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

tbd.

some call me Tim

That is a sweet buckle-congrats!

SRD here of course. Finished the Green Monster in 6:30. Those trails, some at 45% grade, straight up the goddamn mountain! I guess you PA folks know all about that, though. It was a fantastic event, though, great course marking, delicious local food and beer and I even won a pair of Leki carbon z poles! Recommended to you mountain goats and masochists. RR to come.

Jamie, congrats on your finish! I haven't spoken to Matt yet except to find out he dropped after the first loop. He's coming out this week to help mark the Boondoggle course, so I expect to get all the deets then.

qotd: Nah. The kids are off/I am on. Plus I have a client whose impending opening is my deadline. Tbh, it's just nice to have the work!

Daydreamer1

Beautiful day here in central PA. The sun is shining, it's cool but nice, the bright green grass against the backdrop of trees with changing leaves is really picturesque. And here I sit trying to get the energy to go for a short run while watching the youngest brat and DW finishing mowing the lawn .  Of course I just crawled out of bed after a long nite at work.

Probably going to try for 5-7 miles.

Congrats to Sandy, Keystone, blarg and Jamie on finishing your races. Can't wait to read all about it.

QOTD: I'm off, but only because it's my regular day off. But then that's how it is with all my Holidays.

XtremeTaper

AT - Have a good time this week, though I am sure you will.

Sandy - Congrats!

Blarg - Switchbacks? We don't need no stinking switchbacks. LOL. Well done!

Dreamer - Almost cold here today.  :brrrr:

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Got a 5 mile run with Jack and Earl... Yes Jack he is ready to go (unfirtunetly he's still dripping).  Very excited for Trailfest, packed and ready to go.

QOTD: yep off.. And then off work a week.

Nice racing guys.....

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄