Trailer Trash

Saturday...so much better then Monday (Read 31 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I am meeting a friend for a quickie soon... Planned six on the Gracie Ditch with Earl of course.

Sandy day and Gerber are still running......

QOTD: have you ever ran a hundy race? How many?  if not do you want to?

Never ran it, thought I wanted to but I really don't.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Worked early today, and getting ready to go for a few miles before taking the kids to the pool. Going to be another heat run again.

I followed Sandy and Chris Gerber through the night, and it was nerve wrecking. I hope they are doing well, and Sandy will check into the next aid station soon.

I was disappointed when I saw Sebastien Chaigneau, Dakota Jones and Diana Finkel drop (especially Diana Finkel, she had such a lead over Darcy Africa for a long time). When I left for work, Kilian Jornet had just finished. 

Queen: Have fun! 

QOTD: I have run one hundred mile race (OC100 in 2013), and my next is coming up soon (Eastern States on August 16th). I am not sure how ES will turn out, I feel undertrained thanks to the pneumonia in May, but I'll give my best trying to finish.

I liked the OC100, virtually just blew through it without any major issues. It was way different from any other distance I have run, and I like the unexpected things that come up after mile 80, and dealing with that (mental exhaustion, fatigue, but also nicer things like having adjusted to the strain physically, feeling like you could make it, feeling your own power, and the power of your mind over your body).

Run for fun.

Watoni

Going to go for a ride soon, mellowish pace over the local climbs to the coast and back (2.5-3 hours).

Foot not ready for running yet ... first PT yesterday .... diagnosis of a tendon injury (the one that attaches to the fifth metatarsal. It happens when you turn your ankle sometimes, as I did in Italy a few weeks back.

QOTD: Yes, and wanted to run one again this year but am despairing due to injury and thinking of bagging it for a cent cols challenge.

The 100 mile distance is not magic for me though, doing something like the Lavaredo Ultra Trail I got injured doing would be just as good.

runtraildc

Hello trailers.  Yesterday's workout didn't happen and not sure about today.  I seem to get about 50% of my runs done, if that some weeks.

I've been following Hardrock and was showing DS the tweets last night.  I hope Chris and Sandy are doing well!

qotd:  I would like to help at an aid station for a 100.  Or crew.  Definitely not run.

XtremeTaper

About 12 for me this morning out at French Creek Park. Humid but not overly hot. Deer flies were bad early on but either I got used to them or they thinned out. The gsp was with me of course. She had a few nice dunks in the lake.

QOTD: Three hundreds here. Massanutten 2 times and Superior Sawtooth once. Not that any 100 is easy but these are pretty difficult courses. Something different seems to happen to me in 100 mile races. Feet are the worst. Weird because the 70 mile race I do my feet are usually fine. Had strong finished in my 2 races at Massanutten. Superior not so much due to swollen ankles. Pretty much walked that one in after 85.

Go Sandy and CGerber!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

The last several weeks I've been doing a 13.1 mile road run on Saturdays. This week though I've been kind of sick so that won't happen. I'm hoping to get in somewhere between 6-8 miles this evening.

QOTD: Haven't run any. I'd like to someday, First I have to get my stomach issues under control. I can barely get through a 50k due to the bloating so there's no use in even trying a longer distance.

moonlightrunner

I ran 20 miles! Well...OK...there was some serious walking the last 3...but it still counts. We got lost and ended finishing on the road and that finished me. I was feeling trashed...and the road just me.tally killed me. Itwas an awesome run. The 16 o . The trail were wonderful. I would have run the whole 20 if that ugly road had not appeared.

Qotd: I have not run a 100....but I would like to before I am 60.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Back on the groomed trail at VF this morning for 10.2. Still having sporadic pain in my foot so hesitant to try anything other than that or roads because even the slightest roll hurts.

QOTD:  Hard to believe, but yes, I am considering my first 100. I've already registered for Jackpot again, but the 100 instead of the 12-hour I ran this year. That's about half asphalt and half crushed gravel trail.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

just got back from a backpacking trip with my DW and grandson, his first.  he did really well, backpack looked enormous on him (smallest REI sells), but he was a little trooper- covering close to 7 miles each day (w/ a fair bit of elevation gain to boot)

have a nice 20 miler planned for tomorrow (starting early as it's gotten rottenly hot here Sad)

qotd: no and probably no Smile  I think 50 miles is probably as far as my future holds

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

charlesmoman

4.6 miles of walking at an average pace of 15:05 per mile. For me right now, I was booking it. Weekly total - 25.3 miles

Running is still totally out of the question.

Was ready for the Indiana Trail 100 in April, but my accident instantly killed that.

I wanted to go back in 2015, but I doubt I can be ready and I have no idea when I will actually be able to run again.

I am doing the 8-hour Howl at the Moon in Danville, IL in August.

I plan on walking something in between a half and full marathon.

moonlightrunner

Good for you Charles! It sounds like you are making great progress. I am sure your therapists and doctors are amazed. Good luck at the 12 hour.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Doing well, Charles, just be patient. It takes a while for miracles to work. Your walking is amazing already!

I was thinking of you on my last run, wondering how you are doing. Glad to hear from you again!

Run for fun.