Trailer Trash

It's a new day Thursday (Read 30 times)

runtraildc

Oh, yesterday was a day for the books -- so glad to wake up to sunshine and a new day.  Did yoga and then got in  3 miles on the treadmill at the gym, where I also ran into a former (and toxic) boss.  Great.  now I have to worry about seeing her at my gym.   grrr.

qotd:  going to keep it easy today.  Do you have any favorite insta-meals?  The meals you eat when you don't have anything planned or prepared and are really easy?  I had mine last night while the kiddos had leftovers.  Mine is rice, kimchi and scrambled eggs.  We usually have rice made (my household is asian except for me), kimchi stores forever and who doesn't have eggs?  I still have tomatoes from the garden, so added that to the mix and had an easy dinner.

LB2

I got a really nice run/walk in yesterday after work with the dog. I averaged about 11 minute miles, which is pretty good considering I stopped and let the dog rest for a about 3 minutes. We ran fast; we ran slow; we walked; we rested... I'll get 5 to 8 after work today, probably 5.

QOTD: Grits and eggs. Who doesn't have grits?

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

runtrailsdc - you said it! What a crazy day and night yesterday. Our roads are leave covered, downed branches - almost looks like the remnants of a hurricane went through.  But I got out early and ran under the moonlight this morning 7 miles through the hood.  It was relatively warm (54) and there was a fog rising.  The moon shining through it was very cool looking.  Again, wished I had a camera.  Saw multiple runners out which was a bit unusual too.

runtrailsdc - my best friend in college was Korean - I used to go home with him on weekends occasionally to Brooklyn.  He introduced me to kimchi.  I very politely declined any subsequent visit.  It's not for everyone!

QOTD: I call it an Eggel sandwich.  I take a couple of eggs, fry them up, partially scramble them in the pan, add whatever, and put them in a bagel.  Kids (all but one) love it.  We always have eggs, but not always bagels.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

6 miles in the rain yesterday, and I'm about to head out after dropping off DD at school soon.

The rain run was fun, leaves everywhere. I love those maple trees that now have leaves only on their lower branches, and are leafless on top. Looks great when wet, leaves bright orange, branches black.

In the reflection of my headlamp, I saw two green eyes staring at me from a ravine. Turned out it was a cat. She looked exactly like our (adopted) stray cat, so when I came home, I made sure our kitty was in the house and had not sneaked out with me.

Nancy: Toxins are everywhere in the environment.   Maybe she usually goes to the gym at another time and was there just by coincidence? I hope you won't have too many run-ins with her.

LB2: Nice doggie run. Sounds relaxing.

Jamie: It was still overcast in my area this morning, but now it's all sunshine. Lots of strong wind, though.

QOTD: I make great sandwiches (including bagel sandwiches, or tortilla wraps) out of "nothing". A little bit of mayonnaise or Ranch dressing, mustard, lettuce (who doesn't have lettuce?   ), some turkey, ham, egg, burger patty (perhaps vegetarian, like lentil or garbanzo beans), bacon, then cheese, maybe some kind of tomato sauce.

If it's just me, as it has to be gluten free, it's often mashed potatoes and veggies.

Run for fun.

NHLA

jump off

NHLA

12 miles around the mt.

qotd  Hamburgers and fries

Daydreamer1

Heading out for 6-7 miles in a little bit.  Would like to hit the trails but this week is too busy for that. Have 72 hours of work scheduled.  48 down, 24 more to go.

QOTD: Eggs. Either over-medium with toast or as a sandwich. If I don't have time for that it will be microwaved hotdogs.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Still lazy Sue here...I keep telling myself It will be better next week with more morning light.  seriously guys there is no need to worry about taking a week for no reason.  My dogs a re a little pissed though.

QOTD: Tacos is the go to meal.  Man lot of egg eaters...I would do eggs for dinner but the old man believes they are strictly a breakfast food and only in egg burritos.

runtraildc:  Since she a "former boss" can't you just tell her to Fk off?

LB2:  Is it the BIG weekend...or next?  I don't think I've ever had grits.

Mr. Jaime:  You're catching up.  Don't get too cocky.  Remember I am an old lady. 

Couchie:  You're an inspiration that you hav e like 100 kids and you still get out there and run consistently. 

NHLA:  Nice...we are still relatively green but with an underling gold/brown.

DD1:  eww on the microwaved hot dog...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

A few miles on the wet trails. Water crossings were fun, and a nice slick log crossing with all the wet leaves. Storms dropped a lot of leaves and the woods looked very different from a week ago.

Slippery when wet.

NHLA - nice pic.

QOTD:  Usually a quesadilla with whatever left over meat we have, homemade salsa and cheese. It's my go-to fast meal.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

AT-runner

Tim

runtraildc:  Since she a "former boss" can't you just tell her to Fk off?

Exactly!  Or tell her how much you love not working for her.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength trained this morning; was contemplating a short run this afternoon, but my right achilles is a wee bit tender, so I think I had best pass on a run today

qotd: p&j, my wife hates them, but when I'm pressed for time- quick, easy and they taste good 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NHLA

NHLA

NHLA

Pics are from the top of the mt I live on. 4 miles to the top. There are three miles of trails up there.

Sandy-2

Nice photos guys !!!

Here's one of a spot I'll be going by in the early going tomorrow (Sat), I guess this is about mile 6 or 7 of my 100k. I'd say that at least half of the 100k will be on ridges like this.  I've been really resting this week hoping to get rid of my two little niggles that for some reason popped up a week or so ago (lower back and left calf). I'm feeling good to go though, just need to baby things.  The pressure is on because I need to get the finish for my long-term plans. Fingers crossed.

Busan 100k ---> qualifier for ---> 2016 UTMF ---> qualifier for ---> 2017 Hardrock

I'm in the lottery for the 2016 Hardrock (used Bighorn as that qualifier), but I need to line things up for the most probable outcome of me not getting into HR next year (lottery is in Dec. so we'll see soon enough).

qotd: PB&J.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL