Trailer Trash

2013 Running Goals (Read 356 times)

Watoni

Mine are running/cycling goals in chronological order (not importance), and they are ambitious for me for sure ("/" indicates a reach goal):

1. Get healthy in January with the ankle and get at least one 50k plus training run in

2. Lake Sonoma 50 -- finish/in under 9 hours (April 13)

3.  Devil Mountain Double Century -- finish/have fun (April 27) -- two weeks after Lake Sonoma this will be tough

4. Terrible Two Double Century -- finish/under 13 hours (June 15)

5. Run Marin Ultra Challenge (did not get into Tahoe Rim Trail) a week later (June 22) -- undecided as to 50k/50 mile, but goal is to run the entire course either way. Last running event before Leadville?

6. LEADVILLE (August 17-18) -- Finish/under 25 hours or whatever is needed for the big buckle

7. Cent Cols Pyrenees (September 16-26) -- Finish all climbs/have fun

The missing links are perhaps a February 50k, a July running event or long run weekend and an early August Mt. Tam Double Century, but Mt. Tam double is likely too close to Leadville for me.

Honestly the running scares me know, but perhaps that is because I am currently gimpy ....

Mine are simple-

1. my first 50K
      2. 1500 miles
      3. Train with DS to complete his first HM in May (Ham Run in northern MN)

It's great to see everyone's goals!

Ditto on everything but #3--this is the first year since 2008 that my son won't be doing a half with me in May.

And I believe I've found my 50K: Not Yo Momma's in Chillicothe, OH. It's at the end of September, only a 3-hour drive from Indy, and has a 14-hour cutoff for the 50K. I'm hoping to sign up once I talk it over with my husband.

Other goal trail race is the Tecumseh Trail Marathon in early December. A friend of mine from high school has rashly said she'll do it with me if I do a road marathon with her.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

2013 goals

1. Be consistent...no lazy weeks/months/seasons off

2. Run the Pocono Red Marathon (Mid-may) and be well prepared (road race).

3. Set PR's for 5k and 1/2 distances - Road races (they are all ripe for the picking right now)

4. Learn every inch of trail at Palisades Interstate Park (Ft. Lee NJ)

5. Venture North on the NY Long Path...I'm thinking "epic runs" like Northern Harrier for this...might require a bus/train ride back to my car
        6. Consider beginning to start pondering the possibility of maybe thinking about looking at ultra length distance races in the fall.

7. Run 1000 miles - I hit 850 this year, but I think I should be well over 1000 next year

I really just want to make myself a strong all around runner.  Running trails is great, but I also have some road runner ambitions.  I would like to be closer to 50/50 this year, which will be tough considering the effort/travel required to get out on the trails near me.

Good luck to everyone...I really enjoyed reading everyone's goals...even if it gives me a warped perspective (like...it's just a marathon, not even a 50k...just some easy road miles...only 1600' of elevation gain, etc)

**Ask me about streaking**

runner1304

Thanks for all the inspiration you guys!

My Goals:

1) 2000 miles in 2013

2) Improve my placement at Clinton Lake 10 miler (previously 6th overall female)

3) PR at Chicago's Shamrock Shuffle 8k (sub 39:30)

4) 50 miler this Fall...yikes!

03/23/13: Clinton Lake 10 miler

04/07/13: Chicago's Shamrock Shuffle 8k

05/11/13: DWD Gnaw Bone 50k

Birdwell

I'm still trying to sort out what I'd like to accomplish this year but so far

1. Get average MPW to 35+

2. Set one swimming record at the Utah Summer Games (preferably the 50 fly)

3. Run every step of my first ultra (moab's red hot 55k)

4. Complete the trans-zion in a single day

5. Grand Canyon r2r2r

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

my goals are a little less defined- keep building my base (2012 will be my second year of running); start picking up a little speed- I'll never be too speedy, just not in the cards; get 2-3 (heck maybe 4!) epic runs in w/ some buds- races are fun, but long, unsupported runs in the wilderness are funner yet Big grin; staying healthy and having fun go w/o saying

here's to everyone meeting or exceeding their 2013 goals!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

nc tam

1 -- Maintain consistency.

2 -- Continue slooowly building my base, being patient to avoid a recurrence of the hip pain.

3 -- Run home from my work site in Linville.  Distance about 35 miles and most on the Tanawha and MST trails with a few road miles to get up to the Blue Ridge Parkway and along the Parkway until I can pick up the Tanawha.  My house is only a half mile from the MST.  I just have to build up to the distance.  The hills aren't bad, lots of ups and downs but overall down in the direction I'll be heading.  I run these trails regularly, just not all at once.  I will drive to work, then hubs will bike out and take the car home.  We do this a couple of time each summer so I can bike home so the logistics are already worked out.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

1) Had one good 50k race lace year, two bad (finished one and dropped out of other).  So repeat the good race Way Too Cool 03/09/13 and finish the DNF 50K She Rocks the Trails in June.

2) Stop getting sucked into the "ultra" experiences you all write about..as in feeling the need to go further..at least until 50k are easy.

3) More Mt Biking with the old man.

4) Never enter another road race no matter who asks.

5) Finish running the Tahoe Rim Trail by September.

6) Have fun.

In ordewr of importance... 6, 3, 4, 1, 5 and 2.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Ooo this is fun:

1) Finish my first trail marathon (April)

2) Finish my first 50k (May)

3) Finish my 2nd 50k (TBD)

4) Finish my 1st 50 Miler (Fall, TBD)

5) Run 1800 miles in 2013

No road races on that list. After 3 road marathons in 2012 I became considerably less enamored with them. I have no real desire to PR on the road at all. Bring on the trails!

Wandering Wally

Pretty simple:

1. Be healthy
                      2. Finish my first 50K

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Scrapster

I suck at keeping resolutions, but suck mildly less at working toward goals.  Running goals in 2013:

1.  Enjoy the process.

2.  Enjoy the journey.

3.  Enjoy the company.

That's it.  I have some races and numbers in mind, but those that know me well know that those are secondary (tertiary, even) to #1 -3 above.

Smile

LB2

1. Go sub 24 on a 100 miler. I think I have the race to do it this year. Actually, the sub 24 is a secondary goal. I want to run a 100 this year that I manage as well as I did one or two races in 2012. If I do that, the sub 24 should take care of itself. So, I won't focus on the time; I'll focus on doing things efficiently and see where I am at 60 miles...

2. Have fun.

LB2

Occasional Runner

1. Go sub 24 on a 100 miler. I think I have the race to do it this year. Actually, the sub 24 is a secondary goal. I want to run a 100 this year that I manage as well as I did one or two races in 2012. If I do that, the sub 24 should take care of itself. So, I won't focus on the time; I'll focus on doing things efficiently and see where I am at 60 miles...

2. Have fun.

Nice teaser. Which 100 miler?

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I suck at keeping resolutions, but suck mildly less at working toward goals.  Running goals in 2013:

1.  Enjoy the process.

2.  Enjoy the journey.

3.  Enjoy the company.

That's it.  I have some races and numbers in mind, but those that know me well know that those are secondary (tertiary, even) to #1 -3 above.

Smile

My only other goal besides running pain free in 2013 is to pace the above stranger at the Sawtooth Superior 100 in September.  Smile

Running is dumb.

LB2

3. Top 5 finish in a 100 mile race.

4. Go sub 18:00:00 in a 100 miler.

Look into Cajun Coyote. It is a good place to do both for you. Typically, the winner is in the 18 hour range, and logistically, it is a simple race (20 mile loops). 

The down side is that I will be there, which almost guarantees extreme weather patterns. I am very fond of this race. It will be December 7, 2013.

LB2