Trailer Trash

Tuesdailies (Read 32 times)

Marley and I got out early again to get our run in while it was still fairly cool.   We did 3 miles of trail before it was fully daylight.

I hope everyone has a good run today.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I are heading to Longwood Gardens for our yearly view of the Tulips.  We'll probably walk 5 or so miles when the day is done.  If time allows, we'll stop on the way home for a run at Codorus State Park.

Beautiful sunny day here.

Peace to all of those in DW's home town of Baltimore.  There's a huge difference between Protesting and Rioting.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I meant to run early this morning.  My back has been hurting a good bit especially yesterday.  I guess my body needed to stay in bed.  Lots of off days for me this month.  I feel old.

TT - sounds like you are adjusting well to Fla.

AT - I have lived in PA for several years including in Chester Co. and I have never been to Longwood Gardens.  Go figure! Enjoy.

I heard on the news (not sure how accurate it is) that much of the rioting has been started by adolescents.  They showed the one video this morning of a mom hitting her teenage son (in public) because of his involvement in the riots.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

planning on 6 miles in the hills after work, snow on Sunday- today sunny and low 70's 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Morning folks!  Heading out shortly for 3 or 4 easy miles, hoping to catch the bluebells again before they start to fade away.    I was looking at races earlier, thinking about a 25k in July.

I heard on the news (not sure how accurate it is) that much of the rioting has been started by adolescents.  They showed the one video this morning of a mom hitting her teenage son (in public) because of his involvement in the riots.

Yes-- heard that also, that the teens used social media to spread the word.  And there are reports that  this is also fueled by three gangs 'collaborating' with each other in their anti-police efforts.   Just sad, since communities are getting caught in the cross-fire.  One of the bigger fires reportedly destroyed a faith-based senior center.

Not a good week for happy news.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Plan a lunch time 5...

I haven't seen the news but it sucks.  Destroying your town is just plain stupid not to mention if you are protesting no one is going to think about what your protesting just that your a bunch of ass holes for f'cking up peoples property and businesses and hurting folks.  Every Wednesday folks Gramma's against war stand on the overpass with signs..   they get the point across quite peacefully.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

I'll run 5 after work.

LB2

Sandy-2

A little less dizzy this morning, hope that I have turned the corner on it.  A slow 5 mi run and a hot shower cleared it up again.  Funny thing, I think my stride is messed up by trying to stay "steady" while running and now my quads feel a little weird, a little bit sore.  I may see an ENT guy before I have to go back to Korea next week.

There's a huge difference between Protesting and Rioting.

+1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhdh8kSM7lY

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Daydreamer1

Working a odd shift today. Started at 10 am and working until 8 pm.  I thought that would give me some time to get in a nice workout this morning so I drug my carcass out of bed early and put in a 30 minutes session on the elliptical. Man, I really sucked. Just didn't have any energy.  Did a little strength training as well.

To bad some idiots have to spoil a nice loud protest by being jerks and trying to take advantage of a already bad situation.

Gator eye

8 early this am. Still fairly cold here, it was around 27 this morning. My running tight are starting to get a little nasty? I'm ready to put them away and try some heat training.

Statement on the riots. Deleted because I have nothing nice to say.

6ish miles on our beautiful Rails to Trails today - I don't know why, but the flat crushed gravel puts a hurt on my knees. Fun to let it rip, and I love running by the water, but I can only do it once a week or all my little nags start turning into full blown injuries.

Tomorrow a girl I used to work with back in my biker bar days and I are going to put in some miles on the Quehanna Trail.  It's funny we both traded in our drinking problems for distance running and just recently found ourselves back in eachother's lives.  That aside, anyone ever do any running on the Quehanna before? All the maps I've found are fairly vague, and I have no idea of any notable topography or elevation.  I think it's going to be one of my personal missions this summer to try and cover all 72 miles of it at some point as it's so close to home.

RE: the riots.

I'm all for revolution.  Sometimes that requires noise.  This, however, is not that.  This is violence for the sake of "everybody else is doing it, so why not." Very scary, very ugly.  Prayers for my peaceful friends nearby.

some call me Tim

Time to get back in the saddle... just 3 easy miles on the home trails today, but it's 60, calm and sunny and I followed that up with a couple steaks and an onion on the grill for the first time this year... baked potatoes, red wine, look no further! Good evening everyone, and pleasant dreams tonight:  Sleeping Tapes

AT-runner

Tim

Nice day at Longwood Gardens.  Tulips in full bloom.

Mr. DuPont had quite a nice back yard.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I lied; didn't get to the hills- did 7.5 on the flat- I have a hard time running on the flats as I can't gauge a pace very well- always start out too fast and then end up suffering; you also tend to keep the same pace (even when not going too fast) which seems foreign and difficult

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Heading out for an evening heat run. 72 degrees, that's going to be fun!

DS is coming with me to pace me for a few miles on his bike.

Sandy: Running with an off sense of balance can be very exhausting. I sometimes get dizzy on a run, especially on the early miles (2-6), and then my stride is off, and I have to work much harder, compensating for my body thinking it's an uphill when it's a downhill, or preventing it from falling over to the side. Instead of just hopping and flowing along, it's wobbling and chopping. I hope they'll find the cause and can fix it soon.

Riots and protest/raising awareness are two different things. Revolutions, on the other hand, often start violently - but I think it's not a revolution that's needed, it's more of an awareness issue.

Run for fun.