Trailer Trash

12-12-12 Daily (Read 247 times)

skeene07

Dirty Girl

Hi all! Still keeping tabs in the middle of the night!

QOTD: doing anything special for 12-12-12?

I plan on running 12k today.

I am running pain free these days and am signed up for a FA 50k this weekend with the intent to run only 20 miles of it but man oh man the temptation to run the whole thing is getting greater the closer the race.

Have a great day everyone!!

http://staceyrunsandeats.blogspot.com/

4/13 Bull Run Run 50 miler- DONE!

Have a good 12K, skeene! Good to hear you're pain-free.

I went out for a little over an hour in the snow--above and below. New snow underfoot that fell last night, more snow falling on my face while I ran. Since I don't have much in the way of technical trails here to run, I appreciate the uneven footing the snow provides. It's a good workout! And today I had everything from well-traveled (so even with the new stuff fairly well-packed) to a section through the woods that had only 3 sets of footprints besides mine, and snow over the tops of my shoes.

I'm going to miss the snow when we leave. Winter should have it. In Indy, it's too unpredictable and not consistent enough--barely any some years, a blizzard or two the next. But even then, not the kind of snow that appears one day and doesn't leave until spring.

I'm also going to miss the sauna, of course! About to hit that to warm up, then have a bowl of leftover curried chicken-lentil stew from last night.

Have a great day, all!

QOTD: Sadly, I didn't even notice. But now that you mention it, I'll try to think of something!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Planning on a run later. Could be 12 miles?

skeene: Great that you're pain free. Good luck for the 50k/20 miles!

majope: Wonderful snow. I wish we had some!

QOTD: DH has back surgery today, so that's today's special.

Have a great day, everyone!

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

Good morning Trailer!

Skeene- Go for 12 miles. SLACKER!

majope- You can have some of my snow. We have more than enough.

Couch- Good luck to your DH today. I hope it goes well and he has a fast recovery.

I went out for 5 miles of hill work. It was unusually warm this morning. I'm sure it won't last.

QOTD: We're finally closing on our new house, despite having lived in it for the last 2 months. Other than that, nothing special on tap for the day.

FurShirtFlyer

Rest day for me.

QOTD: My special event is testing for promotion.

LB2

I was going to run 12 miles this evening, but 12K sounds better. I think I'll squeeze in a deer hunt after work and run it tonight, maybe on the trails in the dark.

Skeene: If you feel good this weekend, go for the whole 50K.

Majope: It is just about cold enough down here to snow right now. I think we got one frost last year.

FTYC: Hope everything goes well in surgery.

Lace: Isn't everything in Utah hill work?

Flyer: Enjoy the rest day.

QOTD: Deer hunt and 12K later today/tonight.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Happy "Sound Check" day!   1-2-1-2-1-2

I was going to do 6 at lunch, but now I'm inspired to run an extra 1.44 miles to get in 12K.  Thanks for the suggestion, it sounds like a good idea!  I've been flat on my back sick the past few days, so looking forward to getting outside for a run.  

Couch - Good luck today. Hope everything goes well.  

QOTD:  We'll probably just continue our preparations for the end of the world. Wink

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Skeen-Good luck at your 50K this weekend

Majope-Keep the snow where you are. None for me in the 'States please. I am in the Army National Guard so I always get activated for State Emergencies when it snows. I link snow with work...I can't bring myself to ask for it.

Couch-Hoping for a speedy recovery for your DH. Hope you get in your 12 miles!

Lace-Congrats on the house closing no matter how long you've been there. It is nice feeling to put that behind you. I bought my fist house last yeaer and it was the most stressful time of my life.

Fur-Enjoy the rest day

I got a nice easy 6 in this morning. Did not even occur to me that it was 12-12-12. I am going to have to put another 6 in after work or it just won't feel right

QOTD: Holiday party at work today???? I guess that is special, maybe we will get out early!

Trail Monster

Skeen - looking at 12k here too. I bet we see lots of 12's today!

Majope - You can have any snow we get. It really messes with my mojo.

FTYC - Hope DH comes out okay!

Lace_up - I'm glad you're finally closing. That means I can come visit and run with you and Jo now!

FSF - enjoy the rest!

LB2 - good luck on the hunt.

AT - glad you're feeling better.

Tmot - have a nice party!

im scheduled for 80 minutes of running today so I'll aim for 7.45 miles (12k) in that time. 

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

sugnim

I'll probably get a few miles in right after work this evening.  I wish I could go for a long run on a sunny day, but I will have to settle for an hour in the dark tonight.

Scott Jurek came and spoke last night.  He showed a little film & some slides.  Mostly he spoke about motivation and desire, which was OK.  I was hoping to hear some crazy ultra running stories.  I think the craziest thing he told us about was his alternative to chocolate milk as a recovery drink: pea protein and rice protein mixed into sports drink.  Yuck!

QOTD:  Nah, I'm waiting for 12/16/2012.  Did you know that day will only happen once in history?  Clown

nc tam

Got in a little over 40 min on the trail last night between work and kid-shuttle duties.  Very nice stretch of trail, mostly soft dirt with few roots and rocks.  From where I parked I ran across a bridge over a somewhat busy divided 4-lane highway at the beginning and end of my run.  Quite the contrast to the trail!

Will get some road miles in this evening while dinner is in the oven.  Probably won't be fast enough to manage a 12k unless the hubs makes it home in time to monitor the final stages of dinner.

qotd: nothing special.  Just a typical work day here.

Have a good day everyone!

runtraildc

Hi all,

I have a quick after work run planned with DS, who has decided to train for a spring HM.  Unless I can convince DH to help out, I think many of my runs until May will be centered on his training plan.  quality time.  Thankfully, he likes trails Smile

qotd:  don't think I'm going to manage 12K or miles today.  envious of those that will.  Nothing special planned, but I have this nagging feeling of lost opportunity....

Irish Luck

Cross training at the gym today.

QOTD: Opening a bottle of Stone's Anniversary Ale from 07-07-07. 

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

Birdwell

morning folks! Got in 8 miles (12.87 Kilometers)  this morning, fighting 25 MPH headwinds for the first half. Headwinds + uphill = fun?

QOTD: Special plans? Same thing I do every day. Try to take over the world.

Cross training Day - Pilates and some elliptical action

QOTD: Nothing special except taking a well deserved break from all the holiday shenanigans and spending the evening at home and the gym Smile