Trailer Trash

Man I am sleepy Monday (Read 29 times)

LB2

5 after work. I am very, very tired. I should probably take a day off, but I won't do that until sometime next week. I'd like to continue this streak for 40 days.

QOTD: Do you pay more attention to your rolling totals for mileage/time or your weekly mileage/time, or do you even worry about it?

I look at both, but I pay the most attention to my rolling totals for mileage/time. I think the wear and tear is better represented by the rolling totals of what you are doing. And, for me, that long run from Friday or Saturday will often play a role in the following Monday or Tuesday.

LB2

Occasional Runner

8 miles and circuit training this morning.

I spent all weekend working on finishing my basement. It's almost all framed in now, but most importantly, the new bar is installed. It'll take all fall to get this project done, but it's going to be pretty sweet when it's finished.

QOTD: I just try to keep my base where I know it needs to be.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I was pretty sleepy this morning too....didn't want to get up except that with 3 kids needing to get ready for school...oh and this work thingy.

Got in a couple of good quality runs over the weekend - 9 miles Saturday morning and then a 8+ mile jaunt over Blue mountain and back on the AT on Sunday.  Sunday's effort was real easy, felt good at all times.  Great weather.

DD - good job yesterday.  Can't wait to hear all about it.

blarg - nice 5k over the weekend.

QOTD: I pay attention to some degree to overall monthly mileage.  If I do not hit a weekly mileage I like (due to life circumstances, schedules, etc) I might try and make up for it the next week.  It all seems to work out. I have been trying to pay a little more attention to overall time but only recently am I seeing some gains in pace.  But it's all relative and in the end I don't spend too much time/energy worrying about that.  Too many other things to think about.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Easy day yesterday-- a 4 mile hike with the kids, and a couple of miles running afterwards. Perfect late summer day here.  We saw a black snake swimming in the creek, which is also at an all time low.  There were many places we could have walked/jumped across with getting minimally wet.  Not normal.

qotd:  I keep an eye on both, but follow the rolling mileage for the last week more closely.

XtremeTaper

Not sure of the plan tonight.. probably just 5 or 6 miles on the lakeside trails with the Lady. A sort of slow and clunky 9 miler yesterday at French Creek. I could not seem to negotiate rocks very well but was fine on the "smoother" sections. Saturday a very short 3-4 miles on some trail system that opened about a mile from my house. It's not a much of a trail, and is sort of a rolling gravel/cinder path but does lead to some short sections of single track. Hey, it's a trail and I think I will find it useful this winter.

QOTD: Not sure what rolling mileage is but I assume you mean monthly or yearly totals? I personally pay more attention to weekly mileage but at times like this where I have no big races scheduled it's not overly important. I try to run every day and let the mileage add up on it's own. For example 2 weeks ago I ran 68 miles and this past week just 48. The totals are pretty much dependent on what I run over the weekend. Midweek I'm consistently around 35 miles give or take.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

DigDug2

Will do 7 at lunch today.  Had a crappy 4.5 mi trail race yesterday - this is a fun, small local race with a handful of fast dudes, good mix of trails and lots of twisting and turning.  I had no pep - got passed by 5 guys between miles 2 and 3 and had nothing to respond with, ended up losing by a lot to guys I'm usually even with.  Coming off a high mileage week and a couple of days of feeling sort of sick, but I'm generally pissed.  Oh well, fuel to the fire and all that.

QOTD:  weekly mileage - occasionally look at rolling (in hindsight) when I'm feeling particularly worn down.  (Just last week, for example, I moved my planned long run to Friday, had a miserable run, and then checked and saw that the run put me at 58 miles for the rolling week vs. my normal calendar weekly mileage of about 45.)

Daydreamer1

Spending the day relaxing at work.   Would be a nice day for a short, easy run but the bills need paid.

QOTD: Most of the time I just look at weekly mileage. If I'm training hard or feeling run down then I start to track the rolling mileage on a 7 day basis just to make sure I'm either getting my miles or not overdoing it.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Had a good weekend of running, got into the Elkhorns Sat for a long run and bagged Casey Peak while I was close and a nice run closer to town yesterday. I'll strength train this evening.

qotd: more attention to my weekly mileage; with special attention given to my mid week hill workout and weekend long run- if I hit those two everything else is gravy

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I told myself I was going to run every week day morning even if I only have 15 minutes.  Figured if I got in this habit when I woke up at 6:30 I would get up and run 6 miles since I have to get up and run anyway.   Does that make sense?    So this morning when I woke up I didn't want to run.  We went QUAD riding yesterday and I didn't even shower when I got home.  (ya know I am a dirty old lady!!)  so my first thoughts were I want a shower.  Then I remembered even though I only have 1/2 hour I need to run and I did.  3.4 with mutts.  Gym at lunch.

QOTD:   I pay attention to weekly and monthly.   I like competing against the pace bunny on the training log.  Last time I did it for a 6 months period.  The bunny won.    I think I will do a monthly one to keep my monthly miles higher.

blarg:  Way to go...we've gone to a couple Celtic festival when my niece played drums in the Scottish band.  Fun competitions.

Digdug:  Sorry about your race.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

QOTD: Not sure what rolling mileage is but I assume you mean monthly or yearly totals? I personally pay more attention to weekly mileage but at times like this where I have no big races scheduled it's not overly important. I try to run every day and let the mileage add up on it's own. For example 2 weeks ago I ran 68 miles and this past week just 48. The totals are pretty much dependent on what I run over the weekend. Midweek I'm consistently around 35 miles give or take.

I am referring to rolling totals being over the last 7 days or last 30 days, not necessarily the Monday to Sunday training week I have defined. I have been paying particular attention to those 7 day rolling totals because I am running out of 30 day periods as this 100 miler approaches.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I told myself I was going to run every week day morning even if I only have 15 minutes.  Figured if I got in this habit when I woke up at 6:30 I would get up and run 6 miles since I have to get up and run anyway.   Does that make sense?    So this morning when I woke up I didn't want to run.  We went QUAD riding yesterday and I didn't even shower when I got home.  (ya know I am a dirty old lady!!)  so my first thoughts were I want a shower.  Then I remembered even though I only have 1/2 hour I need to run and I did.  3.4 with mutts.  Gym at lunch.

QOTD:   I pay attention to weekly and monthly.   I like competing against the pace bunny on the training log.  Last time I did it for a 6 months period.  The bunny won.    I think I will do a monthly one to keep my monthly miles higher.

Queen - You are sitting at 878.4 for 2015 thus far.  I challenge you to higher mileage for the year.  Right now I am at 791.3 so you are 87.1 miles ahead.  I started very slow but have picked up the last few months.  With 3+ months left in the year, I think I can beat you out.  What do you say?  Just a friendly competition to stay motivated.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Watoni

I was planning on an SRD, but apparently I am supposed to run 90 minutes today. Not happening, I am tired and my ankle needs a day off.

Maybe acqua jogging or a hike, plus some core work

QOTD: I look at both if I am actually training a lot. Otherwise, no need to bother for me Smile

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

No run due to the early start at work, and now it's raining, so I can't go for a run. How's that for an excuse? 

Not sure what the rest of the day will bring. Maybe a short run, bike path or else, or not.

Queen: Yay, you got your miles in! Way to go!

Jamie: I don't know my mileage for 2015, but I'm up for a challenge for the remaining 3 months, based on a week-to-week basis, as I don't keep track for a longer period these days.

QOTD: Like DD2, I usually look at weekly mileage first, and only if I'm more worn down that usual, or worried about my base mileage, I look at rolling mileage as well. As I normally recover very quickly from longer runs, rolling mileage is less important for me, but I want to keep the weekly at a certain base value, and then the calendar week gives me the motivation to crank out a longer run toward the weekend (I usually work on weekends, so there's no week/weekend pattern to my runs).

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I love a challenge especially when I am given a 87.1 lead...by the way I update my log so it's actually  a difference of 109.4.   I hope you aren't training for anything long right now but what the hell.  I'm gonna kick your little money's ass!    I think we should add a small wager.  You need to give me access to your log; if you do it on running ahead.

Got my motivational picture on my computer at work and another is going on my alarm at home!

Sue Piscatella's photo.

Queen - You are sitting at 878.4 for 2015 thus far.  I challenge you to higher mileage for the year.  Right now I am at 791.3 so you are 87.1 miles ahead.  I started very slow but have picked up the last few months.  With 3+ months left in the year, I think I can beat you out.  What do you say?  Just a friendly competition to stay motivated.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NHLA

6 miles  up the mt. Sore from long run sun. North Slope Trail is tough.

qotd   weekly mileage.  50 mpw unless race or injury. I usually run two 80 mile weeks a year just to take up the slack.

I like this group because ya'll put in the miles.