Trailer Trash

Stalking Harvey Fridaily (Read 17 times)

GC100k

Saw Harvey Lewis on the AT today. He stopped and asked my girls their names and if they ran cross-country. I'm like "keep moving Harvey!'. Very pleasant encounter.

QOTD: Running "celebrity" encounters

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Couldn’t get the day off, was hoping to sleep part of the day for an 8:00 PM start for my 12 hour this evening, so much for that plan

qotd: met Jim Walmsley at his first trail race here in Helena (tough 30k)- nice guy, he won even after a wrong turn (not as dramatic as his wrong turn at States however!!!)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

GC100k

I have another encounter. I was at the Ivy League track meet at Yale in the morning when the decathlon was starting and there were only a few people there. There was a little old guy in running shorts standing next to me and when we said "hi" to each other, I realized it was Frank Shorter.

XtremeTaper

Freak out this morning as the Lady did not get up at her regular time (when I do) which is not totally abnormal but when Sir B finally got up to go out and have his breakfast she was still in bed. So I shouted to her that it's time to get up, she jumped off the bed and collapsed and could get up, or at least stay up. I was pretty much a mess, my wife was in tears, and I held her for a bit then picked her up and carried her down the stairs. She was still falling down, but started getting more balance. We feared she had a stroke, but she kept improving and a trip to the vet she checked out fine, but with a diagnosis of vertigo. It scared the living crap out of us. She is at home and doing much better, and just had a short walk.

Fairly speedy 7 on the trails of Green Lane last night. Came in at 68:25 for the loop which is under my 70 goal for the loop, about my normal time for a few years ago. Will get out for 5-6 miles after work.

Weekend Plans: Hang out tomorrow along the Mason Dixon trail near lock12 for volunteer gig at MDLD longest day challenge. Less then 20 runners or so I've been told. I suspect we will go further up the course later and probably get in some miles. Sunday, relax, play golf and/or do some weeding and power lounging by the pool.

QOTD: I met Karl Meltzer several times at MMT, just aid station chit chat. No real conversations as he was obviously racing. In Boston 2004 (or was it 2005) I passed Doug Flutie on the course, and Catherine Ndereba (women's champion) was on my flight back to Philly. She got a round of applause. I think a saw Dean K at NYC marathon expo but I did not stop to chat. He is short!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Running in the rain tonight with a trail running group. I will go wherever they tell me to go and run as far as they tell me to run.

Warden - Good luck.

Any other racers / pacers / crews this weekend (besides Xt)?

CG - so cool for your girls that he took the time to say hi.  It's hard not to route for such a nice guy.

QOTD:  Does Kelly Agnew count? 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

3.6 mile joggity jog this morning.  Not getting a lot of running done this week, busy with work and WS aid station stuff.  That's okay, I was ready for an easy week and here it is.

I'm the captain at the ALT aid station for WS this weekend so I'm heading up there tomorrow, working all night, then heading home after we shut down at 7:15 am on Sunday.  Half a garage full of stuff has been distributed, 40+ volunteers have been organized, and now those runners just have to cover 85 miles to get to us.  Going to be a scorcher but what else is new.  

QOTD: Let's see, my only Trailer Trash celebrity encounters have been meeting Queen and Valerie.  Other "celebrities"?  I have seen Dean Karnazes at a couple of trail races around the Bay Area.  He's friendly, smiles, says hello.  He's not much taller than I am.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

SRD for me today.

CG - cool encounter.

mt - Good luck tonight!!!

Gatsby - very cool, you get a ringside seat for the action. Volunteering is great. By the way, can you get me an entry for next year?  HA Ha Ha, guess you have never heard that before.

My DS can make it tomorrow after-all - YAY!  My DD and I are doing the 30k and my DS is doing the 10k.  I'll probably stay with my DD, sort of a training run for both of us.  Our run starts at 7:30pm so we'll have somewhere over an hour of daylight, then the rest in the dark. DS run starts at 8pm.  Although they are night runs, it'll still be hot, I guess lower 90's / upper 80's.

qotd: I've met lots of ultra runners, Kilian, Anton, Karl, Ian, Kaci, Nicole, LB2 over the years.  I once went to the Bislett Games track meet in Oslo and met Marion Jones, even got her autograph in the program but I later threw it away when she was busted. As a side note, that night I saw Hicham El Guerrouj  run a 3:46ish mile - he was so smooth it was unbelievable, didn't look like he was going that fast.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran with two friends this morning...what a group.  Erin and I were a bit worn out from our backpacking trip and Rose had a sore hammy so we did 7 miles in about 1.5 hours.    We thought running would be easy without 30 pounds on our back.

QOTD:  I met Jim Williamsly at a Brewery after he got lost at WS.  Tim Twietmeyer when our aid station got station of the year.  He presented to the captian and she didn't even know who he was.

weekender:  We are driving with 250 other VWs up to Lake Tahoe and around the lake.  and drinking beer.  Sunday chores...Monday call in late and do a last final long run.

XT:  Sorry to here about the Lady ..hope it treatable and she is better soon.

Gatsby:  Have fun...wish I could go but after being gone need to spend time with my husband.

GC100K:  Hell if I was that skinny I could set a FKT on the AT

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄