Trailer Trash

Quite Fridaylee (Read 25 times)

bagge_pants

3.75 yesterday on muddy stuff in shorts

Took an epsom salts bath last night and my avg Resting heart rate was lower by ten beats this AM. It's been 52, 56, 58, 48 avg. I take it for a couple minutes after rising.

Yesterday qotd: muddy and flooded where I run. Actual river swollen, flooded as in 'you shall not pass. Other trails probably muddy.

Qotd: pass

Have a good Friday!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning all!  Nice workout at the gym last night - typical hill and steps followed by leg workout.  I made a promise to myself after Stone Mill in November that I would strength train my legs.  I can definitely tell the difference at the gym.  The real test will be later in long runs and races.

QOTD: Are you the type of person who loses focus? Or are you pretty good at focusing on the task at hand?

Me - I think I am ADHD.  I have difficulty staying focused some of the time depending on the task.  My mind runs 100 mps.  I am always thinking about multiple things at once.  You would never know it if you met me because I am remain calm and subdued on the outside.  I am just weird like that.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

East coasters, don't get blown away out there today. I'm doing a SRD.

Went to the Michaux Forest Office yesterday to ask about doing some trail clean-up and they talked me into waiting until the weekend since more wind was in the forecast.  So run tomorrow will be with a folding saw in my pack and if I find any big stuff they'll come back with chain saws.  They always get excited in that office when people offer to volunteer. Makes me feel appreciated, so I like helping.  The park supervisor who was there said it's always the hikers and bikers who help, and all the complaining comes from the horse groups.  (He was lumping runners in with hikers.)  Don't know if that is just our area or common at other areas too, but the horse people I run into on the trails seem pretty nice, just don't know if they help out much.

QOTD:  I can multitask with the best of them, and stay very focused.  DW and DD#2 both have ADD and it amazes me how they'll drop someting in mid stride and move onto something else.  "Look a chicken" is always a running joke in my house.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NHLA

8 miles on the mt. this morning. qotd I stay on task.
          LB2

9 miles after work.

QOTD: Like a laser. However, it is hard to be focused at my job because there are so many things going on. So, I love and hate the beginning of each semester because the things I have to do require total focus. And other people are not as focused as they should be and seem to have difficulty handling the simplest of tasks, which causes me interruptions. But, I am very focused, especially when it comes to numbers.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Un eventful 6.2 this morning with mutts.  Gym at lunch for full body class.

QOTD:  Yea I am focus unless working a task I think is stupid or was forced upon me.   I do to do list so that it keeps me charging ahead.  That is why I also need goals in running; a race or a mileage goal, or trying to kick Jamie's ass..which he won.  ADHD my ass!  he seemed pretty focus for that.

AT:  Is is ADD or ADHD...suppose I could google it.    I think the MT Bikers here are the best at volunteering trail time.  I think they realize how most folks don't like them using the trail so they try to be so useful no one would not allow them on it.   Our bikers here are all awesome folks.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Un eventful 6.2 this morning with mutts.  Gym at lunch for full body class.

QOTD:  Yea I am focus unless working a task I think is stupid or was forced upon me.   I do to do list so that it keeps me charging ahead.  That is why I also need goals in running; a race or a mileage goal, or trying to kick Jamie's ass..which he won.  ADHD my ass!  he seemed pretty focus for that.

AT:  Is is ADD or ADHD...suppose I could google it.    I think the MT Bikers here are the best at volunteering trail time.  I think they realize how most folks don't like them using the trail so they try to be so useful no one would not allow them on it.   Our bikers here are all awesome folks.

I can focus on some things!!!

(ADD is an older term used to describe attention deficit disorder whereas ADHD is the term that includes ADD but could also include hyperactivity/impulsivity, etc. - usually ADHD is the diagnosis but then is broken down into "inattentive type" only versus the wild and crazy hyperactive ones.)

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

AT:  Is is ADD or ADHD...suppose I could google it.    

I'm old school, so still use the older name "ADD" to separate those that don't have the  "H" (hyperacativity) component.  The current name is generally regarded as "ADHD", even if you are not hyperactive.  Don't know what Dr. Google has to say about it. 

EDIT - see Jamie answered it, as well.

Our bikers probably do the most trail work, too.

Daydreamer1

Windy and cold, Bahhhh. Should have stayed where it was windy and warm .  Don't think I'll get a run in but maybe a light session on the trainer later this evening after I take a nap.

QOTD:  Very much ADD. I don't necessarily  jump from one thing to the next, but my mind is always going at warp speed,  causing me to lose focus. I'm the guy who will plan for my next vacation two days before leaving on the current one .  I can say the stupidest $hit some days and it's all because there are too many voices in my head at the same time.

Gator eye

A rest day, snow plow duties this morning

QOTD  I can stay focused with the best of them, why just the other day as I was heading to work, right after I stopped for coffee at this little store that has the best coffee but there donuts are usually stale. I like the donuts with the nutty frosting, they go well with milk. I like my milk cold unless it's night they it has to be warm.

So yeah

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice run in yesterday evening- shorts baby!

weight training this evening

qotd: depends on the task . running, working out, backpacking, hunting- focused; chores, etc not so much

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD  I can stay focused with the best of them, why just the other day as I was heading to work, right after I stopped for coffee at this little store that has the best coffee but there donuts are usually stale. I like the donuts with the nutty frosting, they go well with milk. I like my milk cold unless it's night they it has to be warm.

So yeah

Sounds just like one of DW's stories.  Then she usually says "where was I".

Queen of Nothing

Sue

sounds like my Mother...yet she always seems to bring it around to the original topic if I don't yell at her first. 

So yeah

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

I ended up not running last night.  Had to stay too late at work. Then do a few errands. Chalk it up as a rest day.

Did 15 mi this morning, ran along the coast to the NE. That's over and back on the 'small' hill. About 45 deg but windy, I was a bit over dressed though.

qotd: I'm pretty focused and can also multi-task.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL