Trailer Trash

Not Too Snowy Yet Tuesdaily (Read 33 times)

moonlightrunner

We are in the midst of a winter storm here, but as usual my locality is on the fringe and I am not impressed. It is enough to be annoying and mess up the roads, but not enough to snow me in so I don't have to go to work.

Sadly, no run last night, but probably one after work. Thinking 8-10 on the bike path. I have got to find the rest of my winter gear...no doubt it is here, probably to stay.

Qotd: Do you have any pets? I am blessed with a great (if somewhat emotionally handicapped) English Pointer. I also have 3 cats. All my animals were rescues. It is really crowded herein my lititle two bedroom apartment when you add two toddlers and two adults.But we are all cozy and warm.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Occasional Runner

I'm heading out now for a run to the gym, where I'll do some circuit training. I'll catch a ride home with Jo and then  take the pup up on the trails. I'll do 12 or 13 miles before heading to work.

QOTD: 3 dogs. My running buddy is an English Pointer and I have an American Bulldog and a Pit/Shar-Pei mix. I love them all but I have a special relationship with the pointer.

Marley and I had another great 5.5 mile trail run this cool windy 25 F morning. The mud from yesterday's rain was frozen.

QOTD: Other than Marley, a parrot (cherry headed conure) and a turtle we have had both for over 20 years.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Sandy-2

I did 5 this evening. Went up the smaller hill then bombed down. ;-)

qotd: a 3 legged dog. She used to run with me when she had 4 legs. She's still the best dog I ever had. She's a mix of Sheltie, Greyhound and German Shepard. Smart as a whip.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Daydreamer1

Temp is in the mid 20s with a howling wind. Too cold, too quick for this time of the year for my tastes. I was planning on a run but may just stay inside on the elliptical. The cold doesn't bother me as much as the wind does.

QOTD: Two. One is 22 and the other is 21. The 21 year old occasionally runs with me and likes to curl up on the couch. Used to like when I'd scratch the fur but doesn't really tolerate that anymore .   Oops, DW just informed me that the kiddos are NOT pets   .

Seriously though, our last dog died in 2005. None since then and no thoughts of getting any.

NorthernHarrier

Yup, winter is indeed here and waaay too early for me too. Gotta suck it up though and persevere. Looks like I will be paroled at a decent time today so I'll get home, grab my stuff and run by headlamp out at the Cam-Rock mtn. bike trails. Been awhile since I was out there so it should be good. But yeah, it is real cold here, 25 degrees below our normal.

QOTD--2 Springers currently and still waiting on the final word about adopting a 3rd one that I briefly mentioned a few days ago. Fingers crossed.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Told myself to get out of bed even though I didn't have a full hour to run...for some reason I always feel like if I can't run 6 miles it's not worth it.  But that's just plain stupid.  Any who ran 4.5 this morning beautiful fall morning.  The oak trees are losing there leaves so I was treated to a couple of nice views through the trees.

QOTD:  Earl...I think you have heard me mention his name at least a billion times.  We are thinking of getting another but I want an old dog or a little dog so I don't have to run with two dogs being as Earl is on a leash and I have never really had great command of my dogs.  They're my babies.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

Good afternoon all. High 20's with gusty winds here today. Still shorts weather at least. The Lady and I enjoyed a short 5 miler on the trails along the lake at lunchtime. Once my fingers warmed up I was fine. Small white caps on the lake which is somewhat unusual.

QOTD: 2 dogs and a cat here. SirB, a 10+ year old springer spaniel. He used to be my running bud but now prefers just waking. LadyB, a german short haired pointer (rescue). She runs tons of miles with me. The cat, Frankie, is a stray my wife found years and years ago. We don't know how old he is exactly, but we've had him 18 years so he is at least that old.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Watoni

Ran just a couple miles (easing in with the Achilles). Enjoyed the Lone Peak 2.0s a lot, although I am not ready for anything really technical yet.

QOTD: We live on a "farm" in Silicon Valley, so there are horses, dogs, chickens, cats, etc. We are looking to get a puppy. I just saw a post on our community board by one of the woman on the property who is looking for more young hens (10) to keep our new rooster company since we have 8 older hens and apparently 18 is the right number of hens for him .... we were responsible for 2 new hens and the rooster (our youngest brought the chicks home from school, and one ended up a rooster ....).

Occasional Runner

QOTD:  Earl...I think you have heard me mention his name at least a billion times.  We are thinking of getting another but I want an old dog or a little dog so I don't have to run with two dogs being as Earl is on a leash and I have never really had great command of my dogs.  They're my babies.

You leash your dog while you run? That sucks. Is it an ordinance or a control issue?

some call me Tim

A lake effect snow band came yesterday evening and parked itself right on top of my house! There's about 3 feet out there, coming down about 3 inches an hour and no sign of slowing. An hour of snowshoeing was a blast and a welcome surprise this early. Shoot, I may go out again later :-)

qotd: 2 cats who both suck, and one of whom now lives in the basement because she defecates on everything we own (personality conflict between the cats)

AT-runner

Tim

Time to go shopping for some new winter socks.  Ran 10 this morning on some frozen trails.  18 degrees at the start and 17 degrees when I was done.  Wind was 25mph (no idea what he wind chill was), but I was dressed perfectly, except for my feet.  Didn't see a single person or hear any shots, so great morning to be in the woods.

QOTD:  Dog died a few years back, and with our current travel habits, we never replaced her.  Have a cat that I rescued years ago when I tore down a barn on the property.  She must have been the runt, and was left behind when all the other barn cats moved on.  Also currently watching DD#2's bunny while she's at school.  Bunny is litter trained, so hops around the back room.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

He is a hound (plott/blue tick) dog who when on a scent just takes off...and it does suck but then I am also use to it!  I use to have labs and loved watching them run free but than a lab could never run as far as Earl does, he ran a 50K with me.

You leash your dog while you run? That sucks. Is it an ordinance or a control issue?

Queen of Nothing

Sue

You're in Michigan right?  What town?

A lake effect snow band came yesterday evening and parked itself right on top of my house! There's about 3 feet out there, coming down about 3 inches an hour and no sign of slowing. An hour of snowshoeing was a blast and a welcome surprise this early. Shoot, I may go out again later :-)

qotd: 2 cats who both suck, and one of whom now lives in the basement because she defecates on everything we own (personality conflict between the cats)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

He is a hound (plott/blue tick) dog who when on a scent just takes off...and it does suck but then I am also use to it!  I use to have labs and loved watching them run free but than a lab could never run as far as Earl does, he ran a 50K with me.

Yeah, my dog is on a leash 100% of the time outside unless we're in a fenced in area.  I would love to be able to run with her off leash (and we do occasionally...at the fenced in dog park), but like Earl, Bella is a hound.  When she's off leash, she's headed for Mexico and not looking back.  Letting my dog off leash is basically like releasing her into the wild and asking for her to get killed.

Running is dumb.