Trailer Trash

Sprinkley Sundailies (Read 24 times)

Marley and I did and easy 3 mile trail run this morning.  It was in the low to mid 40s and it drizzled on us a bit.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

Shook my legs out on the road this morning for 5 miles.  No rain here yet, but it's coming.

Oldest 2 head back to Portland, OR, today.  It's been fun having them home and especially nice to have DS playing guitar or the mandolin as he sits in front of the TV.  Always nice to have music in the house.

TT - hows the dulcimer business going?

QOTD:  What's your go-to music?  Any music on the run? Classic rock for me, and I only use my iPod when I'm doing a long road run.  I never need music when running trails.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

Up at the shack for a long wknd. Lots of snow here, about 14" so none of the usual trail running. Yesterday did 4.5 on the roads then at dark I did a snowshoe run on some nearby trails of a little over 3 by headlamp. Love those snowshoe adventures in the dark snowy forest.

Today I will be heading down the roads for 7-8 and then some x-c skiing. BTW- running the roads up here this time of year is strictly screw shoe stuff as the roads are basically a packed snow and ice thing until spring. Also have to work on making a snowshoe trail around the property for hiking around with the dogs.

QOTD--Would have to go with classic rock myself too. I never run with music.

Occasional Runner

Just finished 6 shitty and slippery road miles. We got a dusting of snow last night and it covered all the treacherous spots on the road. I'm fortunate to be alive.

Worked out at the gym for a while, focusing on my core mostly. Gonna grab the pup and head into the mountains for a while.

QOTD: My iPod has a wide variety of music on it and I love running with music. I only listen to music on the trails when it's dark out because if somebody is coming up behind me, I can see their light. I never run on roads without tunes.

moonlightrunner

7 fun trail miles with a run buddy in town for the holidays. It was dark and early...but in good company I don't mind. May put in 8-10 on the "outdoor treadmill" (bike path) later today.

NH: I am jealous of your snow. We have none. It looks like we got this year's snow last year. I do love moon lit trail runs.

Qotd: I don't run with music because I am afraid I will become addicted to it and not have fun running without. I do think it would be nice for long solo runs. If I did listen it would be classic 50s 60s 70s and 80s. That would be great to have all that nicely mixed on a playlist on one of this fancy iPod things!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Finished my workday, and getting ready for a nice run in the drizzle a little later. Probably up the mountain to the radio towers, maybe extending it into a longer loop.

TT: Glad to hear Marley is back on the trails again! (and you, too).

AT: Our DS does the same, playing his guitar for the family. We love it!

Harrier: Our roads through the State Forest are the same: packed ice until mid-April. Good thing the spikes are durable, mine have several hundred miles on them already. And I love nighttime snowshoe runs, too, it's magical with the snow glittering and sparkling in the headlight!

lace: If not screw shoes, then screw roads! 

moonlight: Outdoor treadmill, I'll make a mental note of that phrase! 

QOTD: I'm a 50's fan, early rock'n roll. And I also like music of the 60's and 70's. However, I never listen to music on my runs. Too much to carry along, I'm a pure-bred minimalist!

Run for fun.

TT - hows the dulcimer business going?

QOTD:  What's your go-to music?  Any music on the run? Classic rock for me, and I only use my iPod when I'm doing a long road run.  I never need music when running trails.

Regarding the dulcimer business....  I got kind of snowed under with orders and put the etsy store in vacation mode so I could catch up.  I have been working on getting caught up for a few weeks and am getting close to being caught up.  I plan to start making more stock items and taking only a very limited number of custom orders so I can build at whatever pace I feel like.  The business seemed to want to grow to be a full time job, but being retired I want it to be limited to a part time thing.

QOTD:  I like a super wide variety of music, basically a little of just about anything except rap and hip hop.  No need for music while running though, although once in a while I listen to an audio book while running.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

TT: Glad to hear Marley is back on the trails again! (and you, too).

Thanks.  She seems to be 100% again.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Daydreamer1

Yesterdays  run went better then expected. Put in a few more miles then I intended with a better pace then anticipated. Getting ready to head out now for 7+ hilly miles on the road.

QOTD: The only time I use music is when I'm on the treadmill, elliptical or trainer. Then it's a rather eclectic mix. Acappella Christian, ABBA, Alabama, old, old Country is what's currently on my IPod.

Watoni

7.5 miles on the beach and on the beach trails up to the Torrey Pines reserve. Found some beach glass and a beautiful lobster tail (picked clean). Then walked another 3 with the boys

QOTD: No music while running

Sandy-2

Did 10 mi with my DD this morning.  I really enjoyed it.  It was cold with kinda steady rain.  She is as tough as nails, but I guess you could figure that from her endurance riding adventures.

qotd: I hardly ever run with music, but on those rare occasions I have a wide variety with mostly classic rock and some updated "alternative rock" in there too.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Gator eye

I started out planing on 15 but the garmin said 20 by the time I hit my door.

I like classical music when I run, someday I listen to classic rock but mostly classic

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No runs these last few days but lot's of beach walking.

Qotd:  I listen to music less and less...but right now I love EddieVeddie's sound track to into the wild.. Led Zepplin is always good on the trail.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄