Trailer Trash

A Case of the Mondailies! (Read 33 times)

Occasional Runner

Good morning trail folk! The dog and I exhibited some trail speed this morning. More perfect weather in the mountains today.

I'm flying to Washington state today, back on Thursday, then out to Virginia on Friday before flying to Miami on Monday. I enjoy the travel but I always miss my trails (and my wife and dog). The upside is getting to run in different places at a much lower elevation.

QOTD: Do you have a favorite race shirt that you wear more than others?

My all time favorite is the 2014 Comrades Marathon shirt. It's very cool looking and I love the fit and fabric. 90% of my race shirts are total garbage so I have a deep appreciation for the good ones.

LB2

Finished up an easy week after a couple of hard ones that included a 50 mile run and a 37 mile run. When I do those weeks with lots of miles, a light week makes me feel guilty, but I know rest is important, too. Today is a rest day, but mainly because I have a busy day and won't get home til 7:30.

QOTD: My favorite race shirt is a long sleeve Brooks tech shirt from the 2008 Baton Rouge Beach Half Marathon, a race I didn't even run. I bought it for 5 dollars at the expo of the 2009 race because I needed a long sleeved tech shirt, and it was 5 bucks. It looks like it has been run through a briar patch about 200 times, which it has. I always buy extra shirts for super cheap at races. Some of those shirts are pricey at shops. I'll take a 5 dollar shirt any day of the week.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Licking my wounds from yesterday's run Big grin  Strength training this evening.

qotd: my Rut Run shirt, neat logo, but it's also tech (North Face) long sleeve, almost a tie is my first Bridger Ridge Run shirt-again long sleeve and techy (Brooks)- this year they gave us cotton t-shirts WTF?  If you happen to be a RD reading this thread, if it can't be run in- don't bother!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

morning folks!  I will get in 4 or 5 easy miles in this afternoon, and a strength class at the gym tonight.  The weather has turned very fall-ish, perfect day for a run.

qotd:  long sleeve patagonia shirt, from the VHTRC women's trail half marathon.  Best shirt, hands down.  Though my second runner up is a cotton shirt from the Ham Run Half in northern MN.  Organic, very soft and I don't wear it for running.  It was nice change to get a nice, cotton shirt for non-running, as I agree, most of the tec shirts are junk and get put in the goodwill box.

Brian Runner

Easy runs all week. Green Monster 25k next Sunday. I've done almost no running in the month since Pine Creek 100k, but I drank my weight in beer so I should be carb loaded and well rested.

Favorite shirt in the Hyner 25k shirt from 2014.

DigDug2

SRD for me.  Freaking cold this morning.

QOTD:  I almost never wear race shirts - I hand them down to my 15-year-old DS, who has no problem wearing shirts for races he didn't run (and he's not even a runner).  The two I occasionally wear are a Runners World 1/2 Marathon long-sleeve shirt from 2006, because showing people that I ran a road half marathon in Bethlehem, PA 8 years ago really enhances my trail running cred (but also because it just fits really well and I like the material), and a short-sleeve North Face EC Bear Mountain shirt, because I like the color and material and the race logo is really small and unobtrusive.

Daydreamer1

SRD. Mostly due to work but even if I was home I'd take it easy. The legs and ankle are a little sore today.

QOTD: I hate all my shirts. Either the material is too stiff or the fit is wrong. I was just thinking about this yesterday. It was rather cool so I wore a long sleeve bike jersey to run in and it fit and felt better then my running shirts. I think the running community needs to put some more thought into developing more comfortable shirts.

Actually my favorite bike jersey is one I got from doing Newton's Revenge, which is one of the bike races up Mt Washington. I actually wore it for my first Hyner race and is the one I have on in my Avatar. Fits nice and looks cool.

AT-runner

Tim

Hair cut and 3-4 miles on the roads of Gettysburg at lunch.  Exciting times!

QOTD:  I have an Under Armour shirt from one of my Baltimore Marthons that I wear a lot.  It's over 10 years old and has held up well.

A friend finished her first Ironman 3 weeks ago (at age 51) and has been wearing the race shirt every time I see her.  I've never been comfortable with "hey look what I did", so don't wear a race shirt unless it's to another race or a long run in the woods.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Watoni

Trying for a good tempo run of 4-6 miles today depending on time available ....

QOTD: Not really. One from Lake Sonoma 50 is pretty good.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Had a nice weekend camping with my boys but wow am I exhausted! No running so I am already behind for October.  I will try and get in a run tonight.

QOTD: Not sure I have a favorite.  But my drawer of shirts is mostly race shirts I have received over the years.  I have very few "regular" cotton t-shirts anymore.  I do really like what I got at my first ever ultra - 2011 BluesCruise 50k -- a nice light weight jacket which I still wear and a nice white hat which I also wear a lot.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

I do really like what I got at my first ever ultra - 2011 BluesCruise 50k -- a nice light weight jacket which I still wear and a nice white hat which I also wear a lot.

I'm wore my 2010 jacket to work today.  Love it, and the small Pagoda Pacers Logo.  Have to look real close to see 50k.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Brian Runner

I had some time and money this morning so I started registering for some of my 2015 races:

-Mile Run Half Marathon

-Hyner View Challenge 25k

Rothrock Trail Challenge 30k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

SRD.

Weather is getting worse, so I deferred the run to tomorrow... 

QOTD: for several years, the shirt from the "on the rocks" 25k was my favorite summer shirt because it kept me cool. But then it started smelling really bad, so it's out of the rotation. I also like the Hyner 25k shirt (I never ran that race, but it was in the 50k package) because it looks great, especially together with my running skirt. Not that I care too much about looks, though. Also like the material.

Run for fun.

charlesmoman

No walking this weekend or today. My daughter came from Alaska with her new husband to have a reception at our church.

So all of the kids were scheduled to fly or drive in for the event - which landed on my 63rd birthday on Sunday.

We have 3 boys and 3 girls and five granddaughters. So they came in from AK and CA, but my son in Spokane could not come because he is a new deputy sheriff there.

Or so he said. He came in on Saturday and surprised us all. I mean shocked us.

So . . . I had all 6 kids here at once in front of me for the first time in at least 8 years.

Plus, all five granddaughters together for the first time. Not all the siblings had seen the other's children either.

It was just great beyond belief. So blessed.Whole family

Our six

LB2

That is awesome Charles.

LB2