Trailer Trash

Festival Fridaily (Read 17 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Might hit 2 different fall festivals this weekend.  Ski Swap at a local resort on Saturday and Colorfest in Thurmont, MD on Sunday.

DW and are planning a run on the trails they use for the Catoctin 50k trail before hitting Colorfest.

LB - WTF.  Glad I wasn't running in your area, since I match that description (bearded old man) and as slow as I've become these last few months.

Any racers or pacers this week?

QOTD:  Favorite fall dessert? (only get one choice)  Apple Pie. (I had it for breakfast, so that's why the question)

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I ran an easy 5 this morning and plan on 20 tonight. I have some grass to cut and a church pew to refinish before watching some football tomorrow afternoon. I am not super excited about the pews because they are old pews from our church that were upholstered. As such, I am dealing with a plywood platform that doesn't really lend itself well to looking good. They were 16 feet long. I split them yesterday and put them back together, and I stripped all the fabric and cushioning off them. My wife likes them, but I would much prefer a solid wood pew with a grain that really comes out. We'll see how these look. I think they look like crap, but I think I know what people do when they go to Hell: They rework pews supervised by a demon who has no knowledge of wood quality. I can work for eternity and never get these things to look they way she envisions them.

Yes AT. That guy is nuts.

QOTD: Most definitely apple pie.

LB2

XtremeTaper

No festivals here. Maybe the festival of bachelorhood since my wife is out visiting her mom in OK but since I am old and decrepit I will not be calling in the dancing girls! Ha. So just some golf, college football for me this weekend.

Probably just some fitness time at the gym today, unless I decide to head up to the little trail by the house for short trail jog.

QOTD: The Mojave. No particular reason other then I lived there for a few years and well they do have the Joshua trees, though those bloom in the spring not the fall.

AT - Have fun at Catoctin.. you should invite Lace-Up... he loved that course! Ha.

LB - I read that post yesterday. That is crazy. No wonder you did not like the road section.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Morning. Just returned from 5 or so miles with a friend. We did get a few miles on the paved trail, but overall, my miles on dirt lately have been too few and far between. Need to fix that.

AT- good luck and have fun running at Catoctin. That's a favorite area of mine, but don't get up there enough. Report back on foliage, please.

LB- Good luck to you, too. DH takes on a lot of projects (and some for me). I try to listen when he says something is not worth it, especially around woodworking rehab. Hopefully DW will be happy with the results.

qotd: Just had a tart cherry pie bar for a post-run snack (think half pie, half cake) so that's my answer. My mom used to make these when we were kids, and I had forgotten how delicious they are.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: The Mojave. No particular reason other then I lived there for a few years and well they do have the Joshua trees, though those bloom in the spring not the fall.

AT - Have fun at Catoctin.. you should invite Lace-Up... he loved that course! Ha.

HAHA - as soon as I saw your answer, I knew I needed to correct a typo. Problem solved.

Yes, Kelly LOVED that course.  In all fairness to him, there are sections that are few and far between with trail markings. I've gotten off trail once or twice there.  Hopefully won't be muddy on the climbs. Colors should be nice, ad I hardly ever see anyone more than a mile past Catoctin.

AT-runner

Tim

I ran an easy 5 this morning and plan on 20 tonight. I have some grass to cut and a church pew to refinish before watching some football tomorrow afternoon. I am not super excited about the pews because they are old pews from our church that were upholstered. As such, I am dealing with a plywood platform that doesn't really lend itself well to looking good. They were 16 feet long. I split them yesterday and put them back together, and I stripped all the fabric and cushioning off them. My wife likes them, but I would much prefer a solid wood pew with a grain that really comes out. We'll see how these look. I think they look like crap, but I think I know what people do when they go to Hell: They rework pews supervised by a demon who has no knowledge of wood quality. I can work for eternity and never get these things to look they way she envisions them.

Probably not a Catholic Church pew.  Catholics don't believe in making your ass comfortable during Mass. Always solid wood at some ungodly angle to make your back hurt.

LB2

Probably not a Catholic Church pew.  Catholics don't believe in making your ass comfortable during Mass. Always solid wood at some ungodly angle to make your back hurt.

Southern Baptist.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

didn't get the short outing yesterday I was planning, but did hook up with the boys for beers and talk of hunting elk 

got 5 sets of 50 air squats this morning on a break; plan is for 4-ish this evening with DW and Tiny E- evidently Tiny E wasn't very well behaved yesterday when the DW took him out on the trails- was getting way too far out ahead and not coming back when she called, so he got to spend most of the outing leashed

in other news, found two pairs of my now discontinued Pearl Izumi N3's for $47 a pop-score!

qotd: I'll have to go pumpkin with a healthy heaping of whipped cream

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Some gym time last night.  Probably a short run tonight.

AT: Have fun at Catoctin.  I have been wanting to get down there but a bit further for me.

It is OC100 weekend.  It makes me think back to last year which was my last race.  I really like that course and am thinking maybe, just maybe that I will try for the 100 in 2018.  We'll see.

QOTD: Apple pie - but only the ones made by mom or sister.  Store bought - no thanks!  We make a nice and easy pumpkin dip which is good to have with apples or cookies.  We usually make it for thanksgiving when we have a ton of people over.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Have to go pick up some tires at the tire shop then I'll head out for a run, probably 5-6 miles.

Years ago I went to a church that had some old wooden pews that dated back into the 50's.  Most comfortable things you ever sat on in church.  When we built the church there was another church that was remodeling and put in padded pews and gave us the old ones for free. Later some of their members apparently offered to switch and give us the new ones so they could have the old ones back.

QOTD: Pumpkin anything.