Trailer Trash

Still Smokey Sundaily (Read 27 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

yesterday was probably the worst day of smoke we've had, today is a little better with a chance that by afternoon we might rid ourselves of most of our smoke- I'm hoping for a long run outdoors this afternoon (fingers crossed)

qotd: do you know anyone that ran in the UTMB?  would you like to run the UTMB?  we have a local runner that went, unfortunately he had to drop (guessing injury- he was nursing one going in) about 30 miles in; the guy is a very accomplished runner, but more amazingly he's my age    I'd love to run it, but realistically I think I might have missed my chance

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

I'll use this Sundaily I guess...

Just a short trail run this morning with the pups. More for them than me. Gonna do some circuit training before hopping in the convertible for a drive around the Alpine Loop with my wife.

QOTD: I have about 12 really good friends that ran UTMB. It's a race I've been hesitant to focus on because the weather is always so problematic. I would hate to travel all the way to Europe and have the race shortened or cancelled altogether. But on the other hand, I would hate to end my running career (not too far off) and always wonder what it would have been like.

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work. Yesterday's run was supposed to be 14 miles and turned into almost 18. First I explored a new trail that I hoped would be a loop only to find that it's like all the other trails close to me. Straight down over the mountain and dead end on private land. Then I decided to stay out a little later so I could run in the dark. Ended up being a nice run especially after the sun went down. The peepers, crickets and other insects were so loud I couldn't have heard a pack of bears chasing me even if they had bells on .  For some reason I'm really sore today so it's probably good this is a rest day.

QOTD: Don't know anyone.  I just spent some time looking it up and can safely say I have no interest in doing it. It just seems too complicated and way above my level. If I ever go to Europe it will be for a cycling tour.

muppy

Good morning everyone, 7.3 miles yesterday.

QOTD I  don't know anybody running it. I can't say I have a desire to, it looks like it's way above my pay grade!

runtraildc

Hi folks,  did a ten mile road race this morning.  the road shoes felt really strange on my feet, but the run went ok.  Improvement over last year so I'll take it.

blarg-- congrats on yesterday's race!

qotd:  nope.

NHLA

6 miles last night. might run later.

qotd  nope

Sandy-2

Today is a SRD.  :-)

qotd: I didn't know anyone doing it. I'm doing the 'sister race' in a few weeks and would also love to do UTMB, but we'll just have to see.  So many runs, so little time.

tbd.

moonlightrunner

I had a very nice 5 miler pushing the grandkids in stroller this morning. It was damp and muggy. My DD has been out of town since Wednesday so my only runs have been with the kids. I am looking forward to her coming home so I can get a few longer runs in.

Qotd: no.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

LB2

I haven't done anything yet, but I still might.

QOTD: I know one guy who ran this year, and I know at least one guy who has run it a couple of times. Once, he ran it when the race was shortened. I would hate to get there and have it shortened, too.

LB2

some call me Tim

nice job yourself, DC :-) as long as I get in some kind of high turnover workout occasionally, my experience thus far is that lots of trail running improves my road race times, too

2 miles on the good ol home trails today. I had intended to go for a walk, but pretty soon I tossed the shirt and ran the big loop a few times. It's been a few years now, but I'm still just tickled at how fast I bounce back from a trail race as opposed to road. If I'd just finished a road marathon I'd be walking down stairs backward for a couple days and hobbling around. I expect the systemic(?) recovery is the same. I read somewhere to use urinalysis test strips to track elevated levels of protein and leukocytes to gauge true recovery post race and those levels are pretty much the same. It usually takes a week or even two for them to normalize.

qotd: I don't know anybody that ran, and it'd be great to even just get to run those trails at all, but it's not specifically on my (increasingly crowded) wish list

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

5.5 miles up and down the mountain toward the setting sun. Nice temps still.

QOTD: I don't know anyone who ran it. On one hand, I'd love to run it, on the other hand, it's probably a typical European race with all the micromanagement, rules and regulations down to the last dot on the last sheet, and lots of unfriendly officials constantly checking on you. And it scares me off that it's 2,300 runners in the race. Sounds like a big commercial event?

But the course would be nice, I guess. So it's a maybe for me.

Run for fun.