Trailer Trash

Snow Sundaily (Read 21 times)

AT-runner

Tim

We had some snow yesterday, WTF.

DW and I, actually enjoyed our snowy run in the woods on Saturday. 12 miles or so and we didn't see a person out there. I was breaking fresh powder the whole way, and it made it easy for my directionally challenged bride to fine her way. 

Today I stayed home and watched some guys tear up my back yard for a new patio and walkway project. They skipped yesterday, due to the snow and got it done in a few hours today. Might go out on the road for a quick run or run ton treadmill later while watching the Masters.

Dd1 - I love the groundhog pic from yesterday.

Moon - good to hear from you (yesterday).

QOTD:  If you go out to the movies, is it for a Big $ Blockbuster, or an Oscar favorite?

Our small theater in town plays mostly Oscar contenders and artsy films, and we've been going to them lately. Have seen some great movies that I wouldn't have picked, like "Brooklyn" and "Hello, My Name is Doris" (Sally Field).  The out of town theaters play mostly the big budget movies, but lately we've waited to see them at home.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

going out soon for 6-8 miles; legs a little sore from yesterday's run

I saw more people yesterday on the trails than I have in six months or so; the days of having the trails completely to myself are over until about October

qotd: we'll go to the show house if it's a movie we really want to see right away or a movie that lends itself to the big screen- that usually is only 3-4 movies a year, the rest we just wait until Redbox, Netflix or buy the disc

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got out for a chilly 20 this morning.  I asked myself many times why it was 28 deg on April 10th AND why I was even out there.  Glad I did though.

QOTD: My going to the movies is solely based on what the kids want to see.  Even then, we don't see them all.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work. It's been busy so far.  Wimped out of running outside yesterday and probably would have today as well.  For some reason this cold snap is bothering me. Probably a mental thing.

AT - That picture was floating around on Facebook yesterday. The thing that caught my attention was that it appears to be the same model gun that I have.

QOTD:  I haven't been to the movies since DS graduated from basic and we went down in San Antonio.  Then it was for a blockbuster, but he had picked it and I don't remember what it was.  He will go at midnight to see a early release, I'll wait until we can get it on Netflix unless I forget about it.

Sandy-2

On Saturday I did and over-n-back on the local mountain, I guess about 15 mi and 3800 ft of gain.  There isn't much that is flat except the part between my apartment and the trailhead, up at the top where it is flat there are lots of rocks.  My legs were quite toasted afterward.  But I loosened them up by walking around while on a bit of a 'shopping/looking around' session at the local traditional market with my DW and some friends.

Ended up taking Sunday as a SRD, my legs were still sore and I was a bit hungover from going out to an Indian restaurant with a large group of friends. It was a bit of a warm-up 'cause that same group is having a big Bollywood party next weekend, should be fun.

qotd: we tend to go to the blockbusters, but also did the film festival last fall and saw some more obscure films.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

NHLA

16 miles yesterday Art Lobe Tral.  6 miles today Wolf Mt.  Seeing lots of deer. This cold snap woke them up.

qotd  I wait till it comes on cable.

bagge_pants

Wow - nice long runs all around

I was able to get out for 6 miles in the hood after 7 days of no running, weather finally eased up too a bit and was pleasant out, though cold. Legs have a deep down dullness to them from last week's loooong run but no actual soreness or anything bothersome. This should go away in like a week or so. Will ease back into running now. Hallelujah.

QOTD: I like all kinds of movies at the theatre. It really depends who you go with ya know.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Seven miles wirh the boys...ok dogs.  Nothings better than a run after a rain with the sun oeaking out.

Qotd: We do both.. We. Have an arsty fArtsy theather that seats about 40...I like human stories or comedies...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄