Trailer Trash

Thursdaily (Read 19 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Up early for a 6 mile run in the dark.  Way too many cars on these country roads for this early in the morning. Wore as much reflective stuff as I could and used my knuckle lights, which I hated at first but now we have an understanding (they were a gift).

Packing and travel to airport this afternoon.  Portland weather looks typical with rain every day.  Probably only get in one run while we are there and we'll do that along the Willamette River or Forest Park.

Have a great rest of the week / weekend, everyone.

QOTD:  The typical 9 to 5 job seems to be long  gone (based on the early traffic in my area). What are you work hours like?  I work M-W-F from 8-1 and then 3-7.  Tuesdays and Thursdays I work at home and do paper work and reports, and I can do those anytime.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Safe travels AT... hope you get a decent run or two out there.

30 minutes on the bike to nowhere last night. Similar plan this evening, with some weights. Funny how long 30 minutes is when you are going nowhere. Barely built up a sweat.

QOTD: I work at home, but keep fairly regular hours... start somewhere between 7-8am, finish around 5pm. I might take a break for a run in the winter but often put in another 30-60 minutes in the evening catching up on email and issues.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Morning folks.  Got in 4 miles yesterday with a friend who needed a telecommuting break. She's faster than me. And she's a talker, so while I'm gasping for air, she's chatting along. We're a good run match.

AT- safe travels and enjoy your trip

XT- How is the lady coping with your mileage? poor dog.

Gator- if you're around, how is your pup?

qotd: NA. though I was up at 4:45 am to take a kid to the pool. Have a different kid and different practice later. I might need a nap between now and then.

LB2

I'll hit 5 after work.

QOTD: 7:30 to 4:00 Monday through Friday. And I teach an evening class from 4 to 7 on Monday and Wednesday.

LB2

muppy

Did some intervals at the track in the rain last night for 6.2 miles.

Hope Mr and Mrs AT have a great trip!

QOTD I work 7-3:30 sun,mon,thur,fri and sat at my full time job. I also have a landscaping business that I do on tue and wed and after work as needed. I love landscaping and it's great cross training.

NHLA

7 miles on the mt.;  No smoke !!

8-5 from home

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Almost 4 this morning.

QOTD: 9 to 5:30.  But others in the office come in as early as 7:30.

AT:  Have fun with the kids in Portland. Man up!!  not tears. 

XT:  The old man runs the treadmill and I love asking him how long until he gets there? 

NHLA:  Good news..

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

I'm going to run after work today (although I should have gotten up this morning since it was in the lower 40's here). A cold front went through and we are having perfect weather, of course the weekend is supposed to be really crappy.  (By the way from yesterday, my Nov mileage was 154.)

NHLA: hope the smokelessness continues.

qotd: We have flex hours and are expected to be in the office 8 hours per day (not including lunch). The times I designated are 7 to 4, but I usually leave at various times well after 4.  Then I typically do some e-mails and phone calls most evenings after dinner since a lot of my dealings are in Asia.

tbd.

Daydreamer1

Just crawled out of bed. Put new brakes on my one vehicle last week and the brake rotor is now rubbing on the one shield so gotta pull that back apart and fix it.  I had to use extreme measures to remove the old brake rotor because it was rusted on so tight and bent the shield.  Can't complain too much though, the vehicle had 162k miles on it and this was the first time it had new brakes so some corrosion problems are normal.  Then I have two vehicles to change oil in and do some other PM work to.  For some reason I'm feeling like a auto mechanic again.

Going to try to hit the gym tonight for lifting and some rowing. It's been over a week since I've been there. Something always comes up to keep me out of the gym for some reason .

AT -Safe travels.

NHLA - Good that the smoke is down. Sounded like things got really hairy on the west side of the mountains. Sad to see so much stuff burned up.

QOTD:  The last time I worked a typical shift from 9-5 or something like that was way back when I was 20 years old. Since then it's been stuff like truck driving and swing shifts. Don't know what I'd do if I went back to working five eight hour days a week.

Right now I'm working 12 hour night shifts on  a two week rotation. Start off working Monday and Tuesday. Off Wed and Thursday then do three in a row over the weekend. Off Monday and Tuesday and finish up the rotation on Wed and Thursday.  Quite honestly I hate it. The only nice thing about it is that we work 48 hours one week and 36 the next so we always get overtime.

Of course I always try to pick up some part time work. Not so much for the money but to have my foot in the door at other places in case I need to change jobs.  Lately I've been picking up a lot at my part time jobs and those shifts may be day, evening or nights.

On another note. I think I have a sleep disorder of some sort. Anyone have any idea why ?

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got 3-ish in yesterday evening, was supposed to be 5-ish but forgot my running shoes (but remembered my running clothes  Wink, soooooo had to drive back he to get shoes which cut the run short. then get home to discover I left my phone at work- not my finest

strength training this evening

qotd: 8-4:30 M-F; a vast improvement over the hours I worked as a game warden!!!!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

qotd: 8-4:30 M-F; a vast improvement over the hours I worked as a game warden!!!!

I bet it was. But being a warden out there must have been a lot of fun. I almost took a position as a game warden several years ago, but at the time, the pay was a little too tight to start. Some days,I wish I would have sucked it up and done it.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

it's got to rank as one of the best jobs if you like the outdoors; the pay is a little on the paltry side considering Montana (many other states as well) required a BS in Wildlife Biology.  the good definitely outweighed the bad as far as I was concerned

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Running? What is running? I am not sure right now.

AT- safe travels and have tons of fun.  I didn't realize your schedule.  Now I realize why you are able t get in some of the mid day runs that you do.

XT - funny your comment about how long 30 minutes seems when you are going nowhere.  This perception of time is one of the reasons why trail running is so great.  Two hours on a trail feels like 30 minutes on the road.  But 30 minutes on a treadmill feels like 4 hours on the road - the same blessed road, over, and over...

Muppy - you can landscape our yard next year.  It needs it bad! 

QOTD: 8:30-5 M-F.  For the field I work in, it is rare to have regular daytime hours like that.  Many people in the behavioral health field have to work flexible hours, weekends, etc.  It works for me right now and I am 2 miles from work.  But someday, hopefully with the next 2-5 years, I plan to have a very cushy teaching job that gives me summers off and long holiday breaks!

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Another run just over 5 miles. Much beyond 5 and my strain starts to bother me. It seems to be taking a long time to heal and I;m loath to stop running entirely. At my age I lose fitness very quickly and it's hell to regain it.

qotd: I may work anywhere from 7-11 am to 7-11 pm. Times and days vary from week to week and could include 5 or 6 hour shifts instead of my preferred 4 hours. I may also be asked to come in at any time. On Tuesday I got a call at 5:35 PM asking if I could come in at 6:00 pm - that evening. I could say no but I rarely do unless I'm really exhausted or I've already worked 3-4 days in a row and really want a day off. I know, it's tough being semi-retired.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.