Trailer Trash

Wednesdailies (Read 40 times)

Marley and I had another great 3 mile trail run back in the chilly mid Atlantic.  We are back from Tallahassee where we were visiting DD and house shopping.  We now have a contract on a home there.  It is close to DD and also close enough to trails to run right out the door with only a little road to get to the trails.  There are three different largish parks close by  with trails connecting them and a bit farther off there are thousands of acres of National Forest land.

I am surprised by how hilly it is there given that it is in Florida.  There are lots of fairly steep hills, but of course in a state with a high point of 345' none of them are very long.  Still it is actually pretty hilly which I found surprising for Florida.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Getting ready to run a little later, after the late breakfast has settled. I would love to go on a longer snowshoe hike, but my shoulder is reacting to the physical therapy and hurts, so I don't want to put more strain on it. Probably just a few miles over the hills.

TT: soundl like big changes are coming up. Great that you found a place that has a lot to offer for running.

Have a great day, everyone!

Run for fun.

LB2

Five after work today with the dog.

LB2

Apparently the nice 60-70 degree days here in Colorado are over, woke up to a nice slushy outdoors. 7 easy miles this morning...avoided the wet trails of the foothills for the dirt path in the city by my place.

I am surprised by how hilly it is there given that it is in Florida.  There are lots of fairly steep hills, but of course in a state with a high point of 345' none of them are very long.  Still it is actually pretty hilly which I found surprising for Florida.

I had a race down there a couple years ago (Dwd Green Swamp) and I remember being surprised that there was a bit more up and down than I thought there would be!

sugnim

Good morning. I had a four-n-a-quarter mile run by the light of the moon this morning. No other people were on the trail. Yesterday I played hookey from work (my stomach was a little upset, but I could have worked) and got a nice little 6 mile run in the daylight, partly with my wife and son. The trails were much more populated at that time of day, but I wonder why no one else was at work!

sspharbor

As a native Floridian, I am all too familiar with our lack of hills.  Although I did go to college in Tallahassee and it is surprisingly hillier than the rest of the State.  My in-laws live in Tallahassee so I do get to go up there and run on the trails whenever we visit.

TrailTromper - I am assuming the trail system you are talking about are the MTB trails that connect Lafayetter Heritage Park, Alford Greenway, and Tom Brown Park?  That is the largest and nicest true trail system I have found in the Tallahassee area.  There is also a shorter trail system over in Maclay Gardens on the north end of town. Technically, the longest trail in Tallahassee proper is the paved St. Marks rail-trail that runs through town and dead ends at the Gulf.  If you don't mind the roads, Old St. Augustine is a beautiful 7-mile canopy road that gets little traffic and runs parallel to Appalachee Parkway (which is close to where it sounds like your house will be).  Gulf Winds Track Club is the local group in town that puts on trail and road races, which are pretty nice.  Florida doesn't have a ton of trail races compared to other states, but if you're willing to drive there are a decent amount of races in the Tampa area and further south.  Good luck with the move and welcome to Florida!

LB2

QOTD: Are you excited about anything coming up regarding running or other interests?

I am excited about a 10 mile race I am signed up for on March 21, and I am super excited about turkey hunting this spring in the Gila National Forest and running some trails while I am there. It will be a good opportunity to jump start some hill work for fall racing.

LB2

muppy

6.25 road miles, was a beautiful 25° sunny and no wind!

QOTD Something I'm not looking forward to,  I'm sitting and waiting for the doctor to come in and the nurse got out rubber gloves and KY jelly and set them on the counter!

I am looking forward to a nice weekend getaway with the GF in Philadelphia!

AT-runner

Tim

Going to lunch today with my sisters, so I'll skip a run.  Maybe some walking this evening with elevation on the TM.

TT - Does the future house have room for a wood shop?

QOTD:  Weekend Valentine's getaway with DW to Georgetown for a play (Chicago at the National Theater)), some running, some eating and maybe catch a museum.  t's always fun to play tourist in our old home town.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A little under 5 last night.  I thought I was pushing the pace a bit but when I looked at my time, I...I...well let's just say I am not even close to running like I used to.

TT - are you moving to FLA or purchasing a second home? Either way, good luck.

QOTD: I look forward to entering a race at some point.  I do not know when, where or what but I know why.  Otherwise I look forward to getting some progress done on finishing our basement.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I wound up running around 8.5 miles last night after stress eating.    Planning on an easy 4 or so after work today.

Maybe everyone else was just playing hooky too, sugnim!

Jamie, it makes me so happy to hear about your runs!  Any pain?

QOTD: I leave for Arizona on Saturday.  And I have a trail race on the 21st outside of Phoenix.

Running is dumb.

sugnim

QOTD:  I don't have any running events coming up, but I'm excited to be on track for my mileage goal so far.  I'm also excited that I was hired to play in the pit orchestra for a local production of Phantom of the Opera next month.

Gator eye

I got 6 in this am. Getting a little knee pain after last weekends snow shoeing adventure.

Daydreamer1

I feel like crap today. Don't know if It's from the hard gym workout yesterday or if I'm sick or getting sick. Either way I just broke down and took some Ibuprofen. Had planned a long run today but probably will scratch that.

Muppy -- When the Dr comes in just tell them you've had the Hershey Trots for the past three days. Always works for me .

QOTD: Kind of looking forward to vacation in eastern TN at the end of May. Planning on an assault on Clingman's Dome with the bike.  It's about 40 miles from Townsend where we stay to the top of the mountain. This will be the third time. The other two times were in downpours with temps in the 40's. Hopeing for nice weather so I can ride back down without freezing to death.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Lunchtime 5 is on the menu...

QOTD:  Going to Puerto Vallarta the end of the month to visit my parents.  My sister, brother and SIL will be there too.

TT:  My next house will be all about stepping out the door to the trail.

Muppy:  Enjoy!:

Sugnim:  Congratulations on the job.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄