Trailer Trash

Washout Wednesday (Read 20 times)

runtraildc

Still getting some rain, which is very much needed and welcomed.  Got in 5 miles last night before dusk.  Not a single soul, which is unusual for this trail.  Some spooky fog settling in over the creek, too.  Happy run.

Qotd: How happy are you with your miles this month? Me, I hit 100 yesterday and overall, I had a lot of happy runs which was a change over the early fall struggles and summer injury.  It took some time, but I'm back in a good place with my running. I think the streak helped a lot, making me go out even when I really didn't want to and even just for a mile or two.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Hill repeats last night, one round with light, two without- should have had my microspikes, 2" of snow made the rocks slick!  Going to try and get in 5-ish this evening.

qotd: only will have 58 running miles, but am counting my elk hunting miles as they were tougher than running (and a 25# pack, 7# rifle and wearing boots)- 123 miles elk hunting 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

We got hammered pretty good with rain last night and again this morning. I was planning to run this morning, but it took a little longer to get that weather through here. I was going to run a loop after work yesterday, prior to the rain, but I had to bone out a deer that I had on ice for the last four days. So, I got that done instead.

QOTD: I got just a hair over 100 miles in November. I am not super happy with it, but that was my minimum for the month. I just want to slowly build back up my monthly mileage and be consistent in 2017. I have a tentative schedule for races worked out for the year, but something changed this morning that may allow me to run a race in June in Colorado. So, that might work out great.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Plan is for 30 minutes of scowling stationary cycling at the planet of fitness today. That's about my limit. I am going to try real hard to be a good boy and not run this week or next. Wish me luck. LOL.

QOTD: No, not happy. Only 140 miles in November. In retrospect probably should have just pulled the plug last month on running for a few weeks and I'd be over my issues by now. On the bright side it's been several years since I've had any significant injury/downtime, and well it's the dark season along with the deer season so not the worst time to take some R&R off the trails.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

muppy

6.2 rainy miles on the rail trail, was 50* so was a nice temp.

QOTD 154.4 for the month, I'm happy with that since I'm doing a short distance race and have been working on speed a lot.

NHLA

10 miles on Echo Mt 1500' elevation gain.

The smoke is awful. One moment its clear the next you can't see 200 yds. It is raining now but the wind is high so the firefighters are having a hard time.

qotd  160 miles so I'm OK.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I didn't run this morning but did bring my things for a lunch time run...hmmm.

QOTD: I might hit 100 which is low for me lately.  What bums me out is when I look at the calendar and see sooo many blank days...I want to focus more on consistency than high mileage.  I have decided to post pone all long runs and races and focus on working on the house.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Good luck...just re-read the line below to motivate yourself not to run.  and really ONLY 140 miles!

Wish me luck. LOL.

QOTD: No, not happy. Only 140 miles in November. In retrospect probably should have just pulled the plug last month on running for a few weeks and I'd be over my issues by now. On the bright side it's been several years since I've had any significant injury/downtime, and well it's the dark season along with the deer season so not the worst time to take some R&R off the trails.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Not running today, I slept in this morning and I can't run after work today. A rest day it is.

qotd: I don't know the total since I don't have my calendar with me right now, but I'd say I'm happy with whatever it is.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Daydreamer1

No running today. Have too much to do around the house before heading back into work.

QOTD: 54.6 miles. Would have liked a few more.  The hip is still holding me back from anything but short easy runs. Really would like to hit 41.1 miles in December to meet my goal for the year.

AT-runner

Tim

Probably an URD today.  Had some computer issues at the office that I had to take care of over lunch. It was related to the power going out for about 10 minutes this morning and that really backed up the schedule.  Think a car hit a pole down the road due to the rain and fog, so hope nobody was hurt.  Have to pack up tonight to go to Portland with DW for a few days. Can't wait to see the oldest 2 kids, and as Queen can attest, I'll probably cry when I see them.

QOTD:  If I skip today, I'll be around 155.  Down for my usual, but Iv'e been pretty bust with other things this month and had only 2 really long runs.  Might stay low for 2 more weeks and then start ramping up for next year and maybe a 48hr event in May.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No running.  For a few days now.  Been pulling a bunch of hours on school work and a couple house projects.  Next week though, my 2016 in 2016 team is in the finals (yes yes I know, we cheat ) so I need to run , run, and run some more.

dc - great job this month!

QOTD: ending at 74 miles.  Was low but as you see above, things have been busy plus I have no races to train for.  I hope to pull the miles to hit my yearly goal which shouldn't be a problem.   So am I happy with it, uh, sure.  Running just ins't a priority right now so whatever I can get in is really a bonus.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Short warm up run with strides to test how the strain is healing. So far, so good.

qotd: Not at all happy. Only 50.3, my lowest total in 5 years.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.