Trailer Trash

Taper Tuesday... (Read 19 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Yea right not actually tapering but using that excuse in case I don't run after work which is the plan right now.  Gym at lunch for a core workout.

QOTD:  Would you rather be good looking and weak or average looking and strong?

My Mom and my sister are taller and thinner than I am.  I'm short with an athletic build( always thought I was fat; but now I know I wasn't).  So one day I am trying to play racquetball with my mom and my sister.  Those two were sooo horrible, they couldn't hit anything.  It was than that I appreciated my body and what it can do even though it wasn't thin.  So long story short I'd take average and strong any day. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Queen - I saw you take yesterday off...so I did too.  Maybe not today though.  Are you still planning your 50k this weekend? Of course you are, that is a dumb question.

So last night after dinner I was preparing to take the trash and recycling out as I always do on Monday evenings  I opened the door into our garage and was startled by a squirrel. I quickly shut the door.  I went out the front door, opened the garage door (I figured he got in Sunday while the kids had the garage door propped open for a while.)  It took me a good 20 minutes to get him out.  He did not want to leave.  He ended up crawling into one of my old running shoes (a pair of Salomons).  I couldn't get him out of that so I pushed the shoe out of the garage and the lil bugger wanted back into the garage.   I caught it on video (as best I could).  Then as I was pushing the recycling bin out towards the curb, he slipped under that and I heard a squeal.  He was hurt pretty bad and could not walk right. I felt terrible.  We were getting ready to leave and deliver some cookies to friends otherwise I might have tried to help him or put him out of his misery.

QOTD: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  But to answer the question, I would want to be strong.  I don't much care about looks but to be athletic, strong, balanced, nimble, etc. - that is where it's at.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

I was supposed to work today at my one part time job but I told them to shove it . Actually I wasn't feeling the best and felt like some extra sleep would help so I called off.  Now I'm planning on a 7+ mile walk/run in a little bit.

QOTD: Average and strong.  In reality I'm probably less than average on the looks and weak to boot, so being naturally stronger would be nice.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I'm not telling you anything...

Queen - I saw you take yesterday off...so I did too.  Maybe not today though.  Are you still planning your 50k this weekend? Of course you are, that is a dumb question.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jonferg67

Endless trails

Afternoon, Trailers

I decided to hit the road this morning for a few miles in the drizzle. Last week I slipped twice during the same run on wet, slippery rocks (damn Pure Grits), so opted for a more stable platform today.

Good one, Jamie. When DW and I first got together we rented a house with a roommate, one day he left the sliding glass door open to his room and came home to a black and white visitor. He also had a waterbed so Mr. skunk decided to wait it out in the panel under the headboard. Our roommate used a line of food to get the little dude out; a close call indeed.

QOTD: Average and strong. I'm also attracted to older women with real bodies, thin is not attractive.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Fighting a cold, hard to tell who is winning as it changes. If I feel like I'm winning, will try to get 5-ish in this evening.

Jamie- all I can think of is the scene in Christmas Vacation 

qotd: Strong.... like bull!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Hello from Oregon.  We had fun time getting here as after boarding our flight there was a knocking noise coming from the plane and we went back to terminal and after a 3 hour wait they cancelled the flight. Said plane was now fine (loose storage bin) but the delay meant the crew would have been "over hours for FAA".  United decided not to add a flight and we had to go to customer service, which was about a mile away in another terminal, to get new flights.  This is where being in shape helps as I was the second one at the counter and after 40 minutes we had new flight plan which got us in Portland 25 hours after we were supposed to arrive. Put us up in a hotel and got free food and stuff, but what a pain.  Poor people who could not run to the customer service area had to wait up to 48 hours to get flights.

Been running every day.  2 runs on Mt. Tabor in Portland and today had nice run along Salmon and Sandy Rivers in Mt. Hood National Forest. DD#2 did her first trail run since her HS XC days. She had fun and did well.

DD#2 leading the way. 34 degrees and raining.

Old Salmon River Trail

DW and DD#2 at a tree just a bit bigger than we see in PA.

QOTD:  What if you're good looking and athletic already?   I look in the mirror 1 time a day, so I'd go with athletic / strong.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!