Trailer Trash

The Real Sundaily (Read 32 times)

AT-runner

Tim

I feel like this weekend is going on and on .

Now that I'm all set on what day it is, went out for 5 very easy miles on the road.  Legs at the start were stiff from the effort yesterday, but by the end of the run I was feeling pretty good.

Now going to do some chores to get ready for the next snow storm that supposed to dump 10-12" on our area.  Then start working on getting my tax stuff together for my accountant, (that's always fun).

There was a young woman named Mandy

Whose labrum crackled like rock candy

We knew surgery would not fail

To get her back on the trail

And everything would work out just dandy.

QOTD:  Did we do February mileage?  If not, I was around 160 (100 of those miles were run with screw shoes and that may be a PB).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

Leaving soon for a 6 mile road run, planning for a high rate of turnover. Then a core workout at the gym. After I wrap all that up, I'm meeting a buddy at the trail for a 12 mile run with a ton of vert. Then I'll probably loaf around for the rest of the day with my beautiful wife. Pretty much a perfect day.

QOTD: A paltry 238 miles. I almost never dip below 300 but I was sick in February and the new job screwed up my schedule. I'm making up for it now. March is going to be big.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

AT, I feel the same. For me, it's because I worked early on Friday and was done by noon, so Saturday seemed like the Sunday already.

Now I'm getting ready for a few miles in the snow (again, this is getting old!).

QOTD: Oh, don't even mention it. 95 miles, but I snowshoed 4 or 5 times instead of a run, which brought down the overall mileage because the snow was so deep and I could not do extended routes. I did strength workouts, though.

Have a nice day, trailers!

Run for fun.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

There was a young woman named Mandy

Whose labrum crackled like rock candy

We knew surgery would not fail

To get her back on the trail

And everything would work out just dandy.

Like it!

Run for fun.

muppy

16.7 yesterday doing a preview for a 50K I'm helping out with in a few weeks, started out fine but as snow warmed up it got a bit tougher in sloppy snow.

5.5 this morning, guess legs a bit sore from yesterday yet.

AT, your quite the poet!

Good luck Mandy! (I guess I should wish your DR good luck too!)

QOTD 146.7

Sandy-2

Wait, it's Sunday today?  Again?

I did the exact same thing as yesterday (whoa that's weird, maybe it's because we had two Sundays), an easy 15 miles.  Today was my first shirtless run of the year, 70* and 100% at 5:30am this morning.

qotd: 103 miles.  Been taking a lot of rest days trying to get my calf and abdomen back to "normal".  I guess it was a good cutback.  I feel I have turned the corner, let's hope so.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

The pooch and I had a nice 4 mile trail run. There was still snow and ice on much of our route.

QOTD: Only 63.  Almost all of it with micro spikes.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Morning! Ended up taking a few days off from my cross training, but did my time this morning on the elliptical and rower.  I plan to go back tonight for a strength workout..  I figure once it starts raining in prelude to the ice and snow, it will be nice and quiet.  This should be our last big winter storm of the year (fingers crossed).

AT- thanks for getting us back on track.

Sandy-- shirtless season already?!

qotd: I'm trying to forget February.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

treadmill again today, will run an hour-ish; we'll finally be warming up tomorrow, but still have 2' + of snow to contend w/

qotd: 97 miles- snowshoes, microspikes or treadmill- actually running on a trail will feel good someday Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Nice poem, AT.    I am sorry for all of you who are stuck getting even more snow.  It's COLD here...again...but what else is new?

Yesterday I went for a trail run.  Conditions varied wildly.  I had some awesome microspike running trail, some post holing (too much), and some new fluffy snow to run through.  I got myself into a bit of a, errr, "situation" while I was out there.  I stubbornly stuck to my ~7 mile loop, despite deteriorating conditions the farther I got from the trail head.  As long as the snowshoers had packed the down the trail, it was good running.  But as time went by, the trail got worse and worse and worse.  Finally I came to a section where the wind had swept through and the trail was essentially gone.  When I lost the trail, I began post holing badly.  Snow up to my knees.  I couldn't find the trail anymore and despite thinking you know a trail, it really does sort of get lost to you once you're in the middle of the woods with no landmarks and only trees.  Of course I could have turned around, but I was probably a good 4-5 miles in at this point and knew I wasn't far from where the trail becomes more well traveled.  So I forged on, trudging through deep snow in microspikes.  In hindsight, maybe this should have been a snowshoe run.

Worst case scenario, I knew I would run into a road that would take me back, but I hoped I would run back into the trail before I hit the road.  I did, thankfully, but it was too long wading through deep snow for my tastes.  I was never "lost", but it's a wake up call when those sort of stupid things happen.  Anyway, I guess I went out in true Mandy-style.

Today I will do a short road run, but that's it.

QOTD: 84 miles.  I meant to run a lot more, but the weather didn't cooperate and I just didn't care anymore.

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

Heading out for 8+ miles. All road but I'm going to hit the hills.

QOTD: I'm too ashamed to post how little I've done . Considering that I have a 50k coming up at the end of March I better get my butt in gear as get some long runs in.

sugnim

I spent the morning clearing the 4 foot snow drifts off of the driveway and now I'm making homemade noodles  Running?  What's that?

QOTD: Pathetically low: about 47 miles for the month.  

Here is what my driveway looked like when I opened the garage.  Our street & yard are flat.

Here is me making progress on the shoveling job:

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ I saw you guys had an avalanche on Mount Jumbo- I lived in Missoula for many years and that was just unheard of

snow levels look similar to Helena, we had a couple that almost died (their two dogs did Sad) from CO poisoning because there was so much snow on the roof it block all the vents- bought a CO alarm at Costco yesterday

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Sandy-- shirtless season already?!

runtaildc: Yup.  Yesterday it was a few degrees cooler (same 100% humidity) I wore a singlet, but it was totally soaked, dripping and hanging there after 3 miles.  Today with basically the same conditions, I figured, "why bother?".  It's almost 80 now and we have the AC on to dry out the air inside.  We are supposed to go down into the upper 30's tonight and the next few nights though.  That will be good for my morning runs.

sugnim: Wow.  Nice cross training.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

12.5 in the drizzle...

QOTD:  105..hopefully March will be better.

AT: Very cute poem.

Mandy:  Good luck...I think it's cool you got lost on your last run.

Sugnim:  Oh my god!!!  Keep digging.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄