Trailer Trash

Too Early Tuesday (Read 34 times)

sugnim

Good morning folks.  Morning came a little too early for me today.  But, I got up at 5:45 and went for a nice little 3.5 miles along the river in the pre-dawn darkness.  Now that the Phantom show is over, I have to get myself re-acclimated to more human hours--no more staying up until midnight.  I've been a zombie for the last 2 weeks!

QOTD:  What's for breakfast today?  I had avocado and tomatoes on wheat toast with fried eggs on top--a weekday favorite in our house.

muppy

5.4 trail miles last night, it's so nice to be back on the trails!

QOTD I made pancakes for myself and GF, for some reason they were not quite as tasty as they usually are!

runtraildc

Morning folks!  The hour I spent on the phone with the insurance company has wiped me out, so I'm taking a URD.  That might be a bit overly dramatic, but I'm just not feeling it today.  I've been running  fewer days/week lately, but at a greater effort (distance and speed) so my 'recovery' is off, I guess.

qotd:  homemade egg muffin.  And then my second breakfast was yogurt.  I might not eat immediately in the morning, but I cannot skip breakfast.  Or any meal for that matter.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning, Trailers!

I didn't run yesterday.  Instead I had to go shovel 4-5 inches of wet and heavy snow at my parent's house.  *grumble*  They're currently on their way home from spending the winter in Arizona.  My phone keeps buzzing as my mom texts me photos from Zion.     I'm thinking of running 5-6 easy miles after work today with Bella.

Hey Harrier -- when did you get home from FL?  I went for the most amazing run on the IAT through Brooklyn on Saturday.  The trail was dry as a bone.  This new snow is going to set us back a couple of weeks.  Not happy!!

QOTD: Grape Nuts and milk.  Sugnim, I have that for dinner often!

Running is dumb.

Gator eye

I did 5 outside in the cold than came inside and jumped on the treadmill for another 2 miles of hill work.

QOTD: SOP for me is two eggs and a couple pieces of toast.

XtremeTaper

Total of 11 mile yesterday with 5 sloppy and muddy miles on the trails of Green Lane last night. Tonight will 7 or 8 miles on the trail somewhere. Probably French Creek state park. Hopefully the remainder of last Friday's snowstorm will be gone.

QOTD: Typical days I have shredded wheat and blueberries, but today I had a slice of Canadian bacon and a fried egg on a toasted English muffin, side of cherry yogurt and a banana.

Mandy - Dang it on the snow. We had that happen here too last week. Finally ran on some mostly dry trails Wed/Fri and then slam 4-6" of snow on Friday. I think this weekend we will be good though. Might not be too bad today. I guess I will find out later.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

I'll probably do 5 to 7 later today. I have a few errands to run.

QOTD: Grits and biscuits with coffee.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Spent the morning running some errands, then stood in line at the DMV for over a hour just to drop off a copy of my updated physical for my Commercial Drivers License.  I could have faxed it in but I wanted a receipt for it.  Getting ready to head up on the Mountain for 10+ miles, If things go well I'll try to get in closer to 12 or 13.  Temp was supposed to get in the low 40s but it's cloudy and probably won't get out of the mid 30s. I hate this weather.

QOTD: Maple Brown Sugar Miniwheats topped with some Lucky Charms. Not very healthy .

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I got my boys back yesterday, turned out they had missed their connection bus, so they were returned to the school. On such days I just wonder why I have the school put them on the bus, when I have to drive there to pick them up anyway. 

No run so far today, perhaps a few miles later. Just does not work out with the work and the kids' schedules.

sugnim: working late, e.g. for a show, is tough when you have to get up the next morning to take care of a small child. Several years back, I fell asleep in my DS's play yard after a sleepless night, and awoke with a Halloween pumpkin candy bucket over my head.   Ds's proud work.

traildc: Sometimes we need to allow our drama queen capabilities to come out! 

Mandy: Ugh for the snow. Same here a few days ago, and now it's all muddy.

QOTD: Granola, mixed with Rice Chex to take away some of the sweetness. Flavored coffee as a second breakfast at work. 

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

A dusting of snow, some light snow flurries and a cold brisk wind on my SPRING run today.  7 miles in the woods all on trails.  As I pulled into the trail head a very nice couple with a dog told me to have a nice "jog".

That reminded me of the story yesterday where David Crosby hit a "jogger" at 50 mph.  Talk about a bad day.

QOTD:  Chocolate Slim Fast.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Watoni

Ran two last night just to test the proto-orthotic. I felt good, but it is a bit tender today (to be expected). Will contact PT and run about 3 more.

After that it is continuing to prepare for DS' birthday (I prepared twice baked potatoes last night, ready for their second baking, need to marinate steak and make gelato).

QOTD: Crepes (bride makes them for our youngest -- the birthday boy -- almost daily before she goes in to work)

NorthernHarrier

Pretty much a rest day for me and I'm back doing the work thing today.   Did play on the elliptical for a half hour this morn while watching Seinfeld. Quads are trashed after two straight days of pushing hilly trails. Hope to do tempo in the morning but the weather may have a say in that, we'll see. Another rest day the way my legs feel would probably be OK.

Hey Harrier -- when did you get home from FL?  I went for the most amazing run on the IAT through Brooklyn on Saturday.  The trail was dry as a bone.  This new snow is going to set us back a couple of weeks.  Not happy!!

Got home late afternoon Sunday and shot over to Brooklyn myself. Started running just as the snowstorm started there but it was good. Kind of went cranky old curmudgeon on a group that had 4 dogs unleashed and out of control. You know I like dogs, just not arrogant a-holes. Kinda funny actually. Went over to the Nordic trail yesterday. Decided I have to readjust my goals for Ice Age, like maybe just finish in one piece w/o med-flight getting involved.

QOTD--Same thing every day. Special K cinnamon/pecan, glass of Tropicana, then a couple cups of black coffee.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Gonna head out to lunch time 5 in a few minutes...still unable to drag arse out of bed...although I did walk the dogs this morning.  Never did run yesterday..

QOTD:  Coffee...just now at a granola bar (it's noon).  Have a half avocado I should eat before my run.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

I didn't run yesterday after work as planned because I got busy at work and then there was a traffic tie-up on the way home (an accident with a really munched up car, but it looked like no one got hurt so that was good).  Got home late and just bagged it.  I'll just shift my SRD's around this week.

Mandy; that's just not right that they were sending you photos from Zion while you are shoveling their driveway back home....  LOL.

qotd: the usual weekday fare....  yogurt, granola bar and coffee.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Evening Trailers!  Got a nice (easy) 6 miles in, still a wee bit sore from the weekend.

qotd: the usual- bowl of granola w/ fruit & 1% milk, small glass of OJ and the piece de resistance- pumpkin/chocolate chip batter bread w/ a little whipped cream cheese spread on top & a two shot latte- oh yeah baby!  

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √