Trailer Trash

Winning or Whining Wenesday (Read 29 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got in a slow but sure 3 miles last night.  Foot feels ok.  Wish it felt better but I choose not to whine about it!!

QOTD: Do you have any non running, non exercise hobbies?

Being in school the last few years I have lost touch with a few things I liked.  But I would have to say I love maps.  It's a strange hobby but I love collecting maps and can look at them for long periods of time.  I like figuring how to get from here to there or looking at the topography on a map.  I do not own a gps nor do I have a smart phone so anytime I drive somewhere new, it's map time to figure out the routes.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Should have time to get 5-6 miles in over lunch break.  Tourons are coming to town for the rescheduled reenactment of the Battle of Gettysburg.  July's date was postponed due to wet conditions on the farm where they hold it.  Always fun dodging the tourons who stop in the middle of the road when they see a monument in the distance. Wish me luck.

Jamie - glad I could feed your map addiction. I love than Michaux map.

QOTD:  Too many.  Woodworking / home renovation take up my non-running time and golf has always been a passion since I was a young Caddie at Manor Country Club.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

The Lady and I ran easy 5 miles last night on the trails at Monocacy Hill. Normally I run a loop there but I was in steep hill avoidance mode and came up with a nice twisty out and back that while not flat doesn't have any steep climbs. I christened that my slacker route in my running log. Felt much more like a run last night compared to Monday's slog. May do an easy 5 at Green lane tonight. On the 5 mile plan this week.

QOTD: Does golf count as exercise? If not, I don't really have any other big hobbies other than sitting on my ass drinking a cold beer. Sometimes I will read or watch the television to accompany the said beer drinking. This time of year I favor to sit my ass out on the back deck in the evening with the cold beer. SOmetimes I just stare into space admiring the back forty.

Jamie - I've always enjoyed maps/atlases for some reason as well. Even though I have gps still carry an atlas in the car.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NHLA

13 miles around Echo Mt and up to Jump Off Rock

QOTD  photography and hunting. Tai Chi  mabe that is physical but its mostly mental.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning trailers,

Thank you to everyone for the support and feedback yesterday. I'm usually the guy

friends and family lean on when times are tough, I'm not as comfortable with the

role of needing support, but I am human.

I did 4.5 miles on the rockiest, steepest, ugliest trails in the area. It felt great to activate

those climbing muscles again.

QOTD: I've always been interested in human behavior, in my 20's I read Psychology Today

just for fun. I like classic films, just watched Metropolis again last week. Lately I've been

trying new recipes; last night I made sauteed zucchini with red onion over quinoa.

Daydreamer1

SRD. Yesterday's 24 mile beat me up pretty bad for some reason.  I took a nice little fall that left me with a banged up knee. Left the house with a full 100 oz bladder of Tailwind, a bottle of Perpetuem and two small granola bars. Normally I would have had 6-7 of the bars and that would have provided enough calories to get me through. By mile 20 I was out of Perpetuem and was starting with my belching and bloating. A couple of xtra granola bars would have been nice. Then on the last long climb I ran out of water .  It just made me more certain then ever that my stomach issues come for not eating enough.

QOTD:  Some times my DIY projects are a hobby, other times they feel like yet another day at work.  In the fall I spend some time hunting and shooting.  I like to look at my traveling as a hobby.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Whining!

a bad case of food poisoning hit me yesterday evening and nixed the long distance part of my run. Only sprints between the closet floor and the comode. 

Still out out of work today.

qOTD: aside from other sports, l like cooking and baking, some gardening, and crafts projects with the kids. Right now I don't have much time for hobbies, though.

Run for fun.

LB2

6 after work is the plan.

QOTD: I hunt turkeys in the spring, and I cook all the time.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning all. Bike to work and strength training this evening.

Qotd: most (all?) my hobbies involve exercise- backpacking, snowshoeing, peak bagging, hunting and even fishing usually involves exercise- maybe I need a new hobby 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Gator eye

Took a unscheduled rest day. Left knee and calf were talking to me yesterday so I decided sense I m in taper mode another 6 or 8 miles isn't going to make or break my training.

QOTD: Target archery, I started running to help with target shooting but running has taken over and I haven't target shot in two years. Besides that beer drinking and work take up the rest of my time.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice little joggy this am with the dogs.. 5.67.  But let's talk about last night!!!  It was a nice cool evening and I slept like a baby...felt soooo good.  She we start a how good did you sleep daily.    Hitting gym at lunch.

QOTD:  Well you all know I'm a drinker right?  oh hobbies...I thought it said habits.    I have some hobbies that I have ignored  for the last few years:  beading, sewing, reading.  I want to ramp up my cooking skills to learn more vegetarian recipes and maybe do some canning.

At-Runner:  Your right about golf being a non exercise hobby. 

Xtreme:  You make beer drinking appear to be a hobby you might try mapping out these beer drinking locations. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Hi all.  Finished my 7 mile trail race last night.  Way back of the pack, but the ankle held up (mostly) and I finished before the pizza and beer got consumed.  Fun race and rolling course thru the woods and prairie.  A 17 yo kid won in 41 min.  Well ahead of anyone.

And Jonferg- welcome back!  I  liked AT's reference to cancer yesterday.  In general, we don't consider treating cancer by ourselves so please think of depression in the same light.  Please go get help-- meds, therapy, whatever it takes to get healthy.

Qotd-  gardening.  And baking.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

AT - I was all over that map later that night trying to figure out the creekside trail that wasn't on the map.  I think I have the course figured out until the last 2-4 miles where you kept saying "don't take that trail"...

XT - slacker route - I might use that.  And golf is only exercise when you don't use the cart.

NHLA - you have some really cool sounding places out your way.

Jon - I am totally like that - people rely on me to help and I love helping but when it comes to my needs, I am reluctant to ask.  Feel free to PM me anytime.

DD - GL coming up at COTW.

Couch - oh man! Not good.  I feel for ya.  Take it easy.  Hopefully your kids are helping to take care of you.

LB2 - I didn't know you hunted turkey....

Warden - your hobbies rock!  We're all jealous of your mountain experiences.

Gator - how would running help your target shooting? I am curious.

Queen - habits, hobbies - it's all the same right??

DC - yay! Good for you.  I would love to have trail races of that distance around here.  I would have to drive out an hour or more to hit some.  And the kid running 41 min for that...wowsers!

Gator eye

Jamie- Lower heart rate and blood pressure. In 3x scope every little bit helps to steady the pin. Yes I was (am) that anal.  Lol

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Jamie- Lower heart rate and blood pressure. In 3x scope every little bit helps to steady the pin. Yes I was (am) that anal.  Lol

I get it.  I kind of was thinking that.  One of the winter olympic sports I like to watch is the biathalon.  I can imagine how hard it is to calm the body when it is time to shoot.