Trailer Trash

Slippery Tuesdaily (Read 20 times)

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning trailers,

I could have benefited more by sleeping an extra hour instead of running in

the cold, wet, slippery weather. But I didn't, ran 3 quick miles with a little

climb too.

QOTD: Do you have any bumper stickers on your car? if not what are

you driving?

No stickers, just got a 2016 Honda Civic.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice recovery run yesterday evening- slow 5-ish miles; I'm bringing my running stuff with me- it it's raining hard- I'll lift, if not a 5-ish mile run

qotd: 2012 Tacoma- I put a little dent in the bumper sometime back and have since added a bunch of stickers- outdoor gear companies, micro breweries, etc

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

7 miles for the Lady and I yesterday evening on the trails of Monocacy Hill. This is not one of our 7 under 70 trail loops. Well, at least not in the past decade! The route might be a little over 7 but who knows. We have not run there much recently, as there was a crackdown a year or so ago on leashless dogs, but that's calmed down I believe. Only saw 2 other trail users and they had leashed dogs, but I always carry a leash and leash up the Lady for these types of encounters. Anyway, I was thinking while I was running there last night that it's not my age that is slowing me down on some of these trails, it's the age of the trails and erosion. Seems there are more exposed roots and rocks here than 12 years ago! That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Came home and the missus was there sans car. She was out running errands and had a tire blowout on route 100 (the big busy road nearby), managed to get home, and so post run was spent dealing with the dead car on the side of the road. Thankfully the flat was not on the road side of the highway or it would have been AAA time. No way am I changing a flat with 55-70mph traffic inches away from me.

Not sure of the run today. Something this evening though it's rainy, damp, and windy today. Maybe I will wimp out!

QOTD: The trail mobile (the black Ford Edge) has a traildawg sticker on it. Just the male dawg below. It's cracked and weathered, sort of like me.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Managed 5 miles before the rain started with a friend. He suggested a speed workout and so we headed down to the track along the creek and did that. I need to do those workouts more often. Not fun and hard, but rewarding and my slowing legs need it.

Then I just came across this 'runcation' report for Isle Royale. Windigo is where I've always gone on the island and I've thought about running there, so this was a nice read. For those interested, here it is: isle royale runcation

qotd: No stickers. at all. right now, I seem to be driving our 'new' car-- a 06 subaru forester.

DigDug2

Easy 5 mi this morning, tapering.  Light drizzle, but not unpleasant.

QOTD:  I have never had a bumper sticker and probably never will.  Not judging anyone, and kind of enjoy reading on other people's cars, but I'm just not a bumper sticker person.  As I write that, I'm not even sure what that means - will have to discuss with my therapist.

jonferg67

Endless trails

QOTD:  I have never had a bumper sticker and probably never will.  Not judging anyone, and kind of enjoy reading on other people's cars, but I'm just not a bumper sticker person.  As I write that, I'm not even sure what that means - will have to discuss with my therapist.

That's funny, I feel the same way. I don't judge, I do like reading them. I don't even want my co-workers

to know how I feel about politics, never mind a complete stranger driving behind me.

Maybe Jamie has some insight on that one.

Daydreamer1

A dreary day that makes me feel really blah and like I just should skip running. But, I really need to go out so at some point I will. Just not sure for how many miles.  Maybe at least 5-6 miles.

QOTD:  I have two on my '03 Saturn Ion.  One is a Rothrock sticker and I think the other one is a Megatransect sticker. Not even sure and I'm too lazy to get up and walk out to see for sure . But anyway, I do have two on that vehicle and both are for trail runs. Nothing on the other two machines.  Never have been much of a bumper sticker person myself but for some reason I put those two on.

AT-runner

Tim

Power walk yesterday evening and 8 miles today on the TM as rain pored down outside with temps in the low 40's. I was going to go out and run, but after getting soaked on Saturday, I really wan't feeling being cold and wet again.

Warden - on the bubble now with Montana. DW is up for a award for an exercise program she developed at her nursing home. If she's in the top 3, then she's going to Florida and I'm tagging along (all expenses paid).  We'll know in a few weeks.

XT - here is Keystone's thread and RR from Ironmasters 2015. I'll look for mine.  Weather is going to be hot as hell. Take plenty of water.

QOTD:  2014 Subaru Outback.  Have a JFK50 magnet that a lot of local ultrarunners have. It's how we recognize the trail runners from the hikers at the trail parking areas.

DigDug and Jon - Maybe Jamie can tell us about this kind of person.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A quick 2 last night.  Might be a low mileage week for me as I have lots to do.

A "bumper sticker" kind of person is either a type A/narcissistic personality OR just someone that likes to identify with the whatever it is they post on their car  

Having said that, I used to be a no bumper sticker person.  I did not want anything on my car.  But....now I started putting some running finisher stickers on my car.  But I make the stickers into a magnet so I can take them off or move them easily.

QOTD: I have 2 running stickers (magnets) and my kids elementary school magnet.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Got a little over 4 done with the mutts.  Calves are pretty sore so when I was running down hill they felt like they were lose blobs of jell almost like they could fall off.   Not a good feeling...weird.

QOTD:  2007 Jeep Wrangler stickers sure...50 miler (which I need to peel off), The Woods are My Church, and Dirt Diva which I really don't like.  I have a bumper sticker of the great lakes that I want to put on my car...I still love Michigan.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I love you extreme

QOTD: The trail mobile (the black Ford Edge) has a traildawg sticker on it. Just the male dawg below. It's cracked and weathered, sort of like me.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

6 miles after work, but if it keeps going the way it is right now, I may just keep on running...

QOTD: I drive a 2001 Mazda B3000. I'm getting a new truck later this year, probably in October or November. I do have some stickers. I have a 100 mile sticker, a National Wild Turkey Federation Sticker, a Tailwind sticker, a Pinhoti 100 sticker, a Browning (Deer Logo) sticker, an Alabama Outdoors sticker, a Mount Cheaha 50K sticker, and a Patagonia sticker.

LB2

LB2

I did not want anything on my car.  But....now I started putting some running finisher stickers on my car.  But I make the stickers into a magnet so I can take them off or move them easily.

^^^^^^^^^ OCD? Hahahaha

LB2

adkkev

QOTD: two stickers on my car - 50k oval and a "I hiked the NPT" sticker.

Sandy-2

I plan to do 4 mi after work today. It'll be warm today but I need the "heat training".  The high temp for the run on Sat is supposed to be 85 deg, but after a front comes through early Sun morning Sun's the high is supposed to be 70 deg.  Maybe that front will come through early ....  no shot.

qotd: I also have a 2016 Civic.  No stickers, but I do have a "Western States" license plate frame.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL