Trailer Trash

Need Shoe Advice! (Read 67 times)

Occasional Runner

And other VERY common forum topics that I don't miss.

- 50k Coming Up...What Should My Weekly Mileage Be?

- Injured And Have a Race in 3 Weeks!

- Need Pace Advice

- Just Signed Up For My First Ultra ! Need HELP!!!

- Is It Too Soon To Run My First Marathon?

- Am I ready?

- Need Training Plan Advice!

- Where's Mandy?

- Pace Question

- 6 Weeks Between Races. Can I do it?

- Should I Be Doing Speed Work?

- Need Taper Advice!

- Bring Mandy Back!!!

And many...many more topics that were so common in "other" forums and almost never show up here. And the answers were almost always the same.

Please feel free to reminisce.

RabbitChaser

Dang it, I need to come up with some new questions then.

Birdwell

Dang it!

I thought this would be real shoe advice, which would be perfect because I am in need of some recommendations as I consider switching brands (thinking about trying Asics).

Does Mandy even run?

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Ha, Birdwell, I am thinking of trying Asics again, too. Perhaps we'll have to switch to PM'ing, as this topic is not so popular around here any more.

But who is that Mandy that you are talking about?

Run for fun.

Gator eye

Dang it!

I thought this would be real shoe advice, which would be perfect because I am in need of some recommendations as I consider switching brands (thinking about trying Asics).

Does Mandy even run?

I have a couple hundred miles on a pair of Asics scout, it's not to bad of a shoe if your looking for something with a good amount of cushion.  They do pretty good with snow, mud, roots, and still easy the pounding of getting to the trail on the roads.

Now back to the main topic,

Did someone say Mandy needed a training program?

Occasional Runner

M*M as she was known shortly after she got me, Couch, Dan, Jamie and herself banned for life.

runtraildc

Does Mandy even run?

Yes, but only over in the barefoot forum.  Jamie too.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I don't miss those topics at all. Doesn't anyone just get out there and run in the

woods and figure it out as they go?

Now, whats the best shoe to wear to run trails with a race coming up that I'm not

ready for with an injury and don't know what pace I should be running since my

weekly mileage is low and I'm not doing speedwork and I've been following the

run till you puke training plan but I missed my week 14 7.25 mile run because it

was raining.....

Occasional Runner

Now, whats the best shoe to wear to run trails with a race coming up that I'm not

run till you puke training plan but I missed my week 14 7.25 mile run because it

was raining.....

If you can find Mandy, I would asks her.

Birdwell

I don't miss those topics at all. Doesn't anyone just get out there and run in the

woods and figure it out as those go?

was raining.....

I would try something like Vibram 5 Fingers or Crocs.

Or if you have any old Keds laying around, those would work as well.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

M*M as she was known shortly after she got me, Couch, Dan, Jamie and herself banned for life.

Yeah, that chick was a bitch

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

I really didn't mind the newbie questions at all.  We were all new at this at one time.

Plus it gave John M. something to do, and I always loved his replies, especially his classic reply when someone would say "50k is only a bit longer than a marathon, so it can't be that different, right."

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I really didn't mind the newbie questions at all.  We were all new at this at one time.

Agreed...I feel like the perpetual rookie around here

**Ask me about streaking**

Occasional Runner

I think back to some of the dumb shit I posted and I want to slap myself.

Occasional Runner

Yeah, that chick was a bitch

Was? Oh yeah...WAS!