Trailer Trash

Flooding Fridaily (Read 18 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Pouring rain all night long and supposed to rain hard the rest of the day. Already 3"+ of rain on the gauge.  Glad it's a SRD.

Long runs tomorrow and Sunday.  Last big push before taper time.

Anyone racing or pacing this weekend?

QOTD:  Pet peeves.  If you were president of the US of A, what Executive Order would you sign to eliminate on of your pet peeves?  Mine would be to require a 2 hour delay in Twitter and FaceBook posts until they can be researched and confirmed. It's ridiculous how many people post shit without checking and then the ball gets rolling. Drives me nuts when I read something on the "News" that quotes a Tweet from some celebrity or government official and nobody did the work to verify.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I ran a quick 3 this morning before daybreak. It was gorgeous, clear and upper 40's.  I'll run another 5 or 6 after work because I get off at 1 today.

QOTD: I would probably try to do something along the same lines. Specifically, I would try to do something to hold people, especially in the news media, to a higher standard of reporting. From what I have seen personally as well as just "out there", it is quite common for people to take one small aspect of a story and blow it completely out of proportion. It is done on both the left and the right, and in both cases, it is shameful and creates problems that are counterproductive in all areas. I see some of that going on right now on the local level, and it is absolutely ridiculous. You would think that people would eventually get tired of spewing a never ending stream of bullshit, but I guess when so much is inside you it has to come out somewhere. In this case, it is overflowing and actually has no truth to it whatsoever.

LB2

Sandy-2

Stayed at a hotel in Houston last night, saved me driving home late after last night's client dinner and then getting up early to drive back for today's meeting.  The nice thing is I got to run around the city park instead of driving this morning. It was a pretty cool morning and the humidity was lower than normal, so it felt good, I ended up with 6 miles.

qotd: I'd sign an Executive Order indicating that my future replacements can't be idiots.  

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Daydreamer1

Sitting at work watching the rain pour down. Wish I were getting some of this at home.  We are in a long term rain deficit in my area and it's would be nice to get the ground saturated so the wells would replenish a little.   For some reason even when it rains the past year my immediate area doesn't get as much as those around us do. Bet  I'll get home and have less than a inch.

Working a 6 am to 6 pm shift today, so  if I get out on time I might get in a 5 mile run after work.

QOTD: Screw being POTUSA. I'm going to be dictator for life. That's the only way to clean up this mess. Now with that said here's my first order.

Any police shows on TV have to be vetted to make sure that they always respect the Constitution.  A lot of people here at work watch a variety of the shows and I'm appalled  at the number of times I see them violating people's 1st, 2nd and 4th amendment rights and  there are others that that they violate as well but I don't know all of the amendments quite well enough to list here .  I consider it to be propaganda vs entertainment.

AT and LB2 - Get in line for yours to be approved but don't worry you won't be there long.  You all will be in the first 10 and may even be number 2 and 3 in no particular order.  Although I might have to place the one that would say that freedom of speech does not allow "news reporters" to get away with harassing people in front of you guys.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

You may picture me at 2pm central throwing all these papers on my desk in the air and hightailing it out of work to go for a bike ride today, because we have beautiful sunny weather here.  Good weekend on tap too.

QOTD: General awareness out in public.  STOP TEXTING AND DRIVING, PAY ATTENTION, DON'T PARK YOUR GROCERY CART IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAMN AISLE, DON'T DRIVE IN THE LEFT LANE GOING 5MPH UNDER THE SPEED LIMIT.  You can't live in your own little bubble when you're out in the big, bad world.  Other people exist even if you're not directly interacting with them.

Also, please give me enough room when you're passing me in your car, FFS.

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

Well I originally planned to do a real long run here but as Mandy said it is beautiful outside so I won't destroy myself running 20 but run 6 instead so I can do a little canoeing, some bike riding here on these incredible blacktop bike trails the towns have built here, and of course putzin' around here with the dogs. We are supposed to get rain this evening and the wknd here will be much cooler though still pretty nice. Long run on Sunday instead.

QOTD--I read this earlier and then went out and did some chainsawing thinking on it and Mandy absolutely nailed it. My thoughts exactly. Sorry I couldn't be original but she beat me here.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Hi folks,

I'm sick. Probably due to early morning runs in the rain then working at

a hospital. No run yesterday or today, tomorrow I'll get out there but

rain is in the forecast. Screw it, I'm already sick. I'm leaving work early

today too.

QOTD: I agree with you all. We seem to be lacking the ability to hold

ourselves accountable. From Seinfeld, after Constanza does another

dumb thing ; "c'mon, George, we're trying to have a society here."

MM: I move carts out of my way all the time in Trader Joes. But it's in

NJ, so it's the land of the self-centered db's.

runtraildc

probably a rest day here. The rain has stopped- poured all night and well into the morning. Now we're supposed to have clouds for the next two weeks! Ugh. I like my sunshine. I'll go for a walk this evening instead of running.

qotd: People who do ten point turns backing into a parking space while a line of cars wait for them. NO, it is not easier, safer and more efficient! I had a car ahead of me pull up ahead of a space, wait, wait, wait, no turn signal so I think 'oh, she's waiting for that other car ahead to pull out to get that spot near the door'. So, I pull into the space because I'm not afraid to walk a few extra steps. When I'm walking past into the store, she yells at me for stealing her space!?! Learn to drive, lady! And funny part of the story, it was at whole foods, if you've ever seen any of the satire around whole foods parking lots.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

a very warm-ish 7 miles yesterday evening- 80 degrees   wtf 20 degrees above normal in what has been a Spring with slightly below normal temperatures- me and heat have issues

strength train this evening and then date night w/ DW 

qotd: while I'd love to be able to personally be the one to authorize drivers licenses (I can tell you that number of vehicles on the road would quickly be cut in half!); I think I would concentrate my efforts to be undo the movement in the West to sell off public lands- they keep trying and keep trying- what part of public don't they get???

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

I plan to get out for a few miles tonight.

QOTD I would ban flip flops (unless you have sexy female  feet and painted toenails). I hate the flip flop sound and then you look down to some fat guys ugly ass feet with rotted toenails! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Very light week this week.  Super busy with school work and other stuff.  So not much running but the streak is still intact.

Muppy - I have very sexy female feet!

QOTD: I would sign an order to do away with all social media.   I like Mandy's - common sense seems to really be lacking these days. As well as politeness.

Have a great weekend!  Doesn't sound like anyone is racing/pacing this weekend.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I would ban flip flops (unless you have sexy female  feet and painted toenails). I hate the flip flop sound and then you look down to some fat guys ugly ass feet with rotted toenails! 

What about non-sexy female feet without painted toenails?  Asking for a friend. 

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

What about non-sexy female feet without painted toenails?  Asking for a friend. 

You  your friend  must not be running enough if she has all of her toenails.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: I would sign an order to do away with all social media I like Mandy's - common sense seems to really be lacking these days. As well as politeness.

I like to think of it as Anti-Social Media, since "Social Media" is as much an oxymoron as "Real Housewives of (fill in city)"

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Had to help lift some beams in the am for the old man so didn't run.  I think I have to help again when I get home.  So maybe a run with mutts later...I really don't know.  Should leave for the gym at least...gained back the weight that I gained in Mexico but after Mexico trip at the conference...  does.

QOTD:  Free healthcare for those who make under $100,000.  Then add a healthcare fee/tax pre $100,000 based on peoples their gross income before bogus business expenses are subtracted make to cover the cost.  Healthcare is the one thing holding me back from retiring in September.   It's all about me right?

Mandy:  I was passing a bicyclist and was worried about the curve and was I giving him enough room, he was coasting at the time and as I pasted I realized he was looking at his phone. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄