Trailer Trash

Tuesdaily (Read 19 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Back to the grind this morning    Had a great time up in the Eureka area; Saturday wife and I got a good 9-ish mile day hike into the Ten Lakes area and got some backcountry fishing in too.  We stayed at a really nice cabin- AC, jacuzzi, gas grill- we also discovered they opened a new brewery and taproom in the area- so got to sample some nice brews (and fire oven pizza).  Sunday I got a nice 15-ish mile run in which included bagging Ksanka Peak- something I've thought about doing for 30+ years 

Our heat wave is over and looking for temps in the 70's, so will get 5-ish in after work.

qotd: your next event if any?  I have the Rut Run in two weeks; they have a new 28k this year that I signed up for- it boasts over 8000' of gain, including summiting Lone Peak- going to be a toughy; their 50k was was the toughest race I've ever run

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Beautiful pics, Mike!  I can't wait to be back in the mountains again.  Sigh.

Bike commute to work for me...on my new bike!  Yes, I bought another bike.  Whoops.

QOTD: Goosebumps 24 hour run in about a month.  Considering I really haven't ran since June, I'm sure it'll go well.    We also decided to DNS Big's Backyard Ultra and use our vacation time on the week of Thanksgiving instead to go out to Death Valley again.

Running is dumb.

LB2

Plan to run after work.

QOTD: I don't have anything lined up at all beyond a few pacing/crewing duties in October and again in December.

LB2

runtraildc

Managed another sunrise walk with the mil.  Plan to run later- probably just another short one of 3-4 miles. That seems my distance these days, but I definitely feel my foot is getting better. I really don't want to have the procedure to remove the bone chip and I'm optimistic that it won't be necessary.

Queen- funny thing about yoga is the boys refuse to go to a class with the pretty lithe teacher, but will take instruction from mom.

qotd- nothing big.  Have a 5 miler road race in a month and I just hope to go beyond a snail's pace

XtremeTaper

Refreshing run last night in cooler temps and less humid air. I was nearly chilled running shirtless. LOL. 7 miles for the Lady and I at Green Lane, on the rocky side. Felt good. This evening, Coventry Woods trails for 7 miles. I might time trial it, er, I mean trail tempo the run.

QOTD: I am not signed up for anything at the moment, but I am taking a trip to Bend Oregon to explore some trails in the mountains out there. Plans are also to visit Crater Lake. Mt Hood.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Hoping to get a run in after work. First run in 6 months, I'm sure it's going to be real easy.  Not sure if trail or just the park around the corner. I might seek some cover, though, so trail it will be.

QOTD: Having lost all my qualifiers for anything, I'll have to start at the short distances again and work my way up again. Sux.

Volunteering at the Tussey Mountainback 50M, if that counts.

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

Marie - So happy to see your're going to go for a run. Hope all is well with you and kids.

MIke - Awesome.

XT - If you get to Mt. Hood region, you have to make it to Ramona Falls. Nice 7 mile RT run/hike.

Beautiful day in PA.  Was going to run 6 miles on the AT, but ended up with 10.  Weather was perfect and it was so clear out that I wanted to get to the next ridge for the view. It was worth it.  No another sole around, and I sat and enjoyed the view for maybe 5 minutes before heading back to the car.  On the way back I saw only 1 hiker.  Very strange not to see more activity on the trail, but I did enjoy the solitude.

QOTD:  DW and I are heading out for the Grand Circle Trailfest, Ocober 13-15.  We haven't seen Kelly and Jo since Labor Pains 2014, and Queen will be there. Also hoping to meet up with some people from the Grand Canyon R2R2R FB site.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran 6.64 mils this morning with my mutts and my new watch.  More on that later.  I got to the top of the hill I call the MFH, or for you gentle souls Heart attack Hill, and thought man that was hard and then immediately thought well at least you are out here.

So the watch..love it.  Hate the color still..but it is nice and small compared to my bulky old one.  The display is also visible.  My last Garmin I had to squint or take off to move further away from my eyes.    It also counts steps so I might start wearing it to get my steps in. 

QOTD: Grand Circle Trailfest as AT mentioned.  I hooked up with a group to carpool from the LV airport.  Hoping we go to Antelope Canyon and Escalante Grand Staircase while there. Going to run a trail race in R, MI in November 18 miles.  Going to try to convince Gator Eye to come.  Want to schedule a race in December.

MT: Nice pictures...so peaceful.  Love the second shot with all the ranges.

runtrail DC:  That was some other pervert who made that comment yesterday.   but I understand how you could mix us up.

couchy:  Some times it's fun to start over.  You see a lot of progress and improvements.

AT:  Beautiful picture.  I am going to register for 2 runs in Oregon next year.  We are also thinking of moving there.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run this morning despite maybe the best running weather in about 3 months...am I stupid or what?  But I will get to the gym later.  It's all in my plan...wait I don't do training plans.  Oh well.  I do plan, however, on running the big loop over at Blue Marsh lake on Thursday afternoon as I have a meeting close by and decided to take the rest of the day off...

warden - gorgeous pics.

mandy - I saw the pic of your bike, looks great.

LB2 - nothing planned, what about next year? You always seem to have a hundred to look forward to.

dc - I don't blame you for not wanting surgery....too many things that can go wrong.

XT - have fun in Oregon, I know you will.

Couch - take er slow, enjoy the build up process. And give DD hell at Tussey!

AT - is that pic real?

Queen - what?!? moving to Oregon?

QOTD: Oil Creek 100k in October. I am looking forward to it...a lot.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

AT - is that pic real?

Yes, not mine, but it's real. My pictures when we were there are not as good. I had fog on ht lens.  DD#1 has some great shots from Ramona Falls with snow.  I really is one of the prettiest fall I've seen, and Oregon has a lot of them.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Well there's still retiring to do (16 months and selling the house.  The DH wants to move some where were it rains sometimes so he can stop worrying about fires.  I up for the adventure.

Queen - what?!? moving to Oregon?

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

So the watch..love it.  Hate the color still..but it is nice and small compared to my bulky old one.

Which one did you get?  I must have missed it!

Hi Marie!  Smile  Welcome back!!!

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

Just crawled out of bed. Should have went for a run this morning but was too tired. Heading out for 6 miles in a few minutes. Did 6.3 miles yesterday after a week off. Boy that sucked.

Runtrail - I have one or two or maybe more bone chips in my ankles (they've been busted up so many times and x-rayed so many times that I'm not sure what is where) , but they have never caused me any problems.

FTYC - Good to see you back. Hopefully I'll get to see you at Tussey.  I'll need someone there to prod me cross the line with a pointed stick .

AT - would you quit posting pictures like that? Next thing I'll have to quit my job and move out that way.

Queen - Pervert ???. Not me!!! Oh wait, of course I am . But in this case it's just knowing how the teenage boy mind works .

QOTD: Boulder Beast is next up. This is the old Mega course. Distance is down from previous years to around 24.2 miles but supposedly more climbing and boulders than before.  I plan to take my good old time on it and grab a lot of pictures if it's nice weather.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

The Garmin 25...small.  I could have got the bigger one (mens and better color) because it is quite small.  Basic which is all I need.

Which one did you get?  I must have missed it!

Hi Marie!  Smile  Welcome back!!!

AT-runner

Tim

The Garmin 25...small.  I could have got the bigger one (mens and better color) because it is quite small.  Basic which is all I need.

Bigger is not always better.