Trailer Trash

Sadly No Daily Yet Mondaily (Read 32 times)

moonlightrunner

Hello? Buehler? Buehler?

Where is everyone?...I'm gonna be sad if our community dwindles away!

A short run later...then grandmother duty.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

sugnim

Good morning.  I did a little over 4 miles this morning under the shrinking moon.  After this weekend's snow and very strong wind, today is calm and sunny.  But it's Monday.  At least I have a window in my office.

runtraildc

I just needed to actually run before I posted today.  Got in 4.5 miles in rock creek.  Half of which was on a trail that is root and rock covered, so it was slow going.  And hot.    But it's a beautiful days outside and it's nice to be home.  Despite my aspirations, I didn't run in NH last week as much due to family and other distractions..  And there was still a lot of snow, ice and mud on my sister's mountain.

qotd:  It's Monday (the hardest day of the week to cook, IMO).  What's for dinner?   Pineapple chicken skewers.  Hopefully on a new grill being passed to us by friends.  It's perfect grilling weather here.

sugnim

QOTD:  Mondays are always leftover days at our house.  Today, it's leftover turkey chili that I made yesterday with lots of peppers, beans, tomatoes, etc.  It's good stuff.  I like to top it with sour cream and green onions.

Daydreamer1

Just pulled my lazy arse out of bed a few minutes ago. I got a nice nap in at work in the wee hours of the morning but when I came home I was still somewhat tired so I laid down for a quick nap. Now I feel sluggish.

It's another gorgeous day, so I'm going to do some yard work then head out for a 7-8 mile run on the roads around the house. Too many things to do around the house so there's no time to drive up to the mountain.

QOTD: Hmmm. Good question. I hadn't really thought about it yet. DW may have to go into work, she's currently on available status so a phone call could send her in and DD will be going away this evening so that may only leave me at home.  Most likely I'll have a protein shake after my run, then either some chicken or eggs right before I go to bed.

Watoni

SRD today, I did my first real run in over 6 weeks on Saturday in Marin with the SFRC crew (lots of folks were racing Lake Sonoma), but got it 13 miles or so with about 2500 feet of elevation gain. I actually (shuffle) ran all the hills and the Achilles was fine ... test orthotics did lead to sore feet though, so that is still a WIP. Sunday was a ride to the coast on the bike. Quads are sore today, for sure.

Rodeo Beach

Rodeo Valley climb

Fast dudes at top of first climb

Tunitas Creek road, creek running low

Great road, though!

Gator eye

Rest day for me.

QOTD: I ate really well (steak, ribs, beer) over the weekend so I'll give my gut a few greens to make up for my low will power during the weekend

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I also wanted to get my run in before posting. 12 miles with 2800 ft elevation gain. I chose the rockiest, steepest, gnarliest trails around, to get ready for the MMT. It is described as "it rocks", so I want to be prepared!

The good news was that my body did not have any trouble adjusting to the heat. 65 when I started, 75 at the end, and in between, there were some really sunny spots, and spots where the mild breeze hit with some warmer air (80 maybe?).

More food, and I could have run many more miles, or so it felt!

Watoni: Awesome area, I'm jealous!

QOTD: Something with turkey, as we have a roasted turkey in the fridge that needs to be used up. Perhaps a stew, or pie.

Run for fun.

Watoni

I also wanted to get my run in before posting. 12 miles with 2800 ft elevation gain. I chose the rockiest, steepest, gnarliest trails around, to get ready for the MMT. It is described as "it rocks", so I want to be prepared!

The good news was that my body did not have any trouble adjusting to the heat. 65 when I started, 75 at the end, and in between, there were some really sunny spots, and spots where the mild breeze hit with some warmer air (80 maybe?).

More food, and I could have run many more miles, or so it felt!

Watoni: Awesome area, I'm jealous!

QOTD: Something with turkey, as we have a roasted turkey in the fridge that needs to be used up. Perhaps a stew, or pie.

Nice run! Did I miss you are in MMT?

As for my weekend, the last two pics are from my area and my normal cycling loop, but the Headlands is a bit of a drive across the GGB .... I knew that running with a group would keep me honest and push me a bit.

QOTD: I would love a hearty salad tonight (have eaten quite a bit of meat lately). Arugula, tuna, zucchini, shallots, egg, red bell pepper, etc.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

As for my weekend, the last two pics are from my area and my normal cycling loop, but the Headlands is a bit of a drive across the GGB .... I knew that running with a group would keep me honest and push me a bit.

QOTD: I would love a hearty salad tonight (have eaten quite a bit of meat lately). Arugula, tuna, zucchini, shallots, egg, red bell pepper, etc.

I'm third on the wait list, hoping I'll get in. I think chances are not bad, considering I was ranked 55 right after the lottery. However, the race is May 16, and I don't know how many people on the current start list are going to drop out.

BTW, I just discovered the most effective protein shake of all times:

After my run and having a protein shake for recovery, I stepped on the scale and got the shock of my life: 186.6 lbs.   I knew protein shakes can lead to muscle build up and some weight gain, but 80 lbs in 15 minutes??

So I changed the battery on the scale, stepped on again, and there: 93.5 lbs.   Closer to what I expected, but still - no.  That sounds more like a great weight loss program??

Must be a miracle shake. 

Or maybe, I need a new scale... 

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Plan was the lunch time 5 but I have been training new staff all day and I am exhausted mostly from talking so much.  ...plus fighting a baby cold so I did not run at lunch.  Neglected chores this weekend so most likely not running later.  That's ok.

QOTD:  Tortilla soup.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

Longish run today on the Ice Age course. Somewhat of a struggle, I think I suck basically.   In pretty good shape in general but not in any kind of hilly 50k shape. I'll see how I recover over the next few days and maybe try again this weekend. It will either kill me or make me stronger I guess.

Runtrail-- That's amazing to have so much winter there yet. At my cabin at the top of Northern Wi on Sunday the temp was 68F, no snow, and the ice was breaking up. Also I did an informal survey of my maples and at least a third of them were showing buds. Interesting variations.

QOTD--I am currently making spaghetti and meatballs plus I bought a loaf of garlic bread. There may be a cold beer around here too. I need to reload and rehydrate. 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

As of today, I'm in! 

Run for fun.

runtraildc

It just has been a long, lingering winter.  Temps got in the 60s today so I think her sap season is over.  Until this weekend, it was mostly in the 30s and low 40s.  She collected much less sap than other years.

And a few of the ski areas were moving their closing dates to early May!

Runtrail-- That's amazing to have so much winter there yet. At my cabin at the top of Northern Wi on Sunday the temp was 68F, no snow, and the ice was breaking up. Also I did an informal survey of my maples and at least a third of them were showing buds. Interesting variations.

And Marie-  Congrats on the MMT entry!  We're thinking about volunteering.  If we end up there, I'll let you know.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength trained this evening; day didn't start off so hot- had an explosive device come through the mail in the federal building next door, bomb dog hit on it, so we had a full scale evacuation- hours later the "device" turned out not to be explosive after all- fortunately the weather was nice 

qotd: Vietnamese beef stir fry over rice- vely, vely good 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √