Trailer Trash

Water in Hydration Reservoirs (Read 38 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My new UltrAspire Surge pack was delivered today, and I am so excited that I can't think of anything else to do. I tried it on, got it fitted to my comfort, through some tap water in the 70 oz reservoir, stuck my cell phone in the zipper pocket and ran around the house just to see how it feels - I must say I like it, possibly love it but I won't know for sure until this weekend.

What is your go-to brand for daily drinking, and for what you put in your reservoir?

I do not like tap, and except for when going to restaurants (we all know most give you tap), I don't drink it. I prefer Ice Mountain, used to love Smart Water but honestly I don't taste the difference. I figure I'll probably by Ice Mountain 1 gal jugs and fill my reservoir up that way...

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I'm a Poland Spring drinker.  We have city water and even through a filter it tastes gross.  When I ran Stone Mill, I was running late and had to fill my reservoir from a gatorade cooler.  It was awful.  I dumped the whole thing and tried again at the next aid station and the water was decent.  I avoid water that is not spring water or well water.

**Ask me about streaking**

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

They probably use tap water in the coolers during races, but at that point I don't care. Have you drank Ice Mountain, how does Poland Spring compare to it? I've never had it before, but I know Ice Mountain is "supposedly" spring water.

I've had Nestle before and OMG it just... eyck........  I could definitely taste the difference between Nestle water and Ice Mountain. 

I'm a Poland Spring drinker.  We have city water and even through a filter it tastes gross.  When I ran Stone Mill, I was running late and had to fill my reservoir from a gatorade cooler.  It was awful.  I dumped the whole thing and tried again at the next aid station and the water was decent.  I avoid water that is not spring water or well water.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

sugnim

I use a water filter on my tap.  Tastes great, and cost-effective.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Can't say I've had Ice Mountain.  Spring water is generally regional.  I've traveled a decent amount but not to your area.

**Ask me about streaking**

Chnaiur

Tap all around. When I want something special I put ice in it.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

FYP. 

Tap all around. When I want something special I put ice whiskey in it.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Birdwell

tap water here. after 6+ hours sitting in the bladder, they all taste the same.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Make that Jim Beam's Red Stag Hardcore Cider

FYP. 

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'll test that theory, of course during the summer after running for 2+ I guess just about any kind of water will taste great lol.

tap water here. after 6+ hours sitting in the bladder, they all taste the same.

PRs

Tap water for daily use, in bladders, and in bottles, although I usually use Clip2 drink in my bladder. Sometimes I may use Cytomax in bottles (not in bladder).

I have visited areas where the tap water is undrinkable (taste) and you need bottled stuff. We're a little closer to good water here.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
                        Watoni

Hetch Hetchy

Gator eye

I'm lucky, I live in the boonies with a deep well. Best water ever right out of the tap.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I don't trust our tap water, hell the pipes just down the road are constantly busting and in repair, it probably happens 3-6 times a year.

PRs

Sandy-2

Filtered tap water.  Sometimes I flavor it with HEED powder.

tbd.