Trailer Trash

Wet Wednesdaily (Read 41 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Many showers rolled through last night, things were still a bit warm so ran this morning in a little fog.  About 5 mile total.  Cascadi's still feel great.  Got my orthotics adjusted yesterday.  Keeping my fingers crossed they will feel better now.

QOTD: I got nothing

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

boyjame- great run. Glad to hear your body is cooperating.

I did 6 this morning on the road. Taking it easy this last week and a half. Have a great day all.

Occasional Runner

I bagged my run this morning. I woke up to freezing temps and howling winds, so I lost my interest. I should probably be resting anyway.

We're loading the truck up now, getting ready to head to Zion. Should be a memorable weekend.

DigDug2

6.5 on the roads/rail trail this a.m.

Have a great day, all.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Good Morning All!

I'll probably do an hour around the neighborhood unless I get especially motivated to go home, change, and drive 1/2 hour to the trails (I normally pack my stuff and stop in on my way home)...it could go either way right now.

QOTD: Do you apply running philosophies to other parts of your life (parenting, work, etc.)?

I just got finished making a presentation titled "Exceptional results are not achieved through Mediocre preparation".  The content of the presentation was on pre-task planning for construction workers (construction safety).  I "borrowed" the title from a race report written by RedSparkle (posted on the beginners and beyond forum for a 100 miler).  This has been my motivational phrase that I've been using to help get me out the door and especially for the bodyweight routine I've been doing.  It was also my motivational phrase for getting the presentation ready...if you're going to name your presentation that...you'd better bring the goods to back it up.  Anyways, that's my crossover.

[EDIT] Sidebar: ATRunner...did you see Iron Masters sold out?  Any luck kicking the pneumonia yet?

**Ask me about streaking**

Low_O2

Morning all!

Not sure what I'll do today. Haven't run since my race just some daily walks to work out the kinks. My calf is pretty painful but getting a little better every day. I might try a run and bail to a walk if things still aren't right.

Lace - Good luck at Zion! I'm sure you'll tear it up!

QOTD: Kind of but not really. I don't mind putting in the work required to reach my goals, but am more of a procrastinator in other parts of my life. Procrastination doesn't seem to work as well for running.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

morning trailers!  I can't decide between putting the snowshoes on and toughing out some slow miles or going to the gym and doing some mile repeats on the dreadmill?????

qotd: I think I've probably incorporated more from other parts of my life into running than vice versa- planning, sticking to a regime, hard work, etc but the main thing I try and crossover is the fun aspect- my runs are fun (albeit some more so than others Big grin), and I try to incorporate lots of fun into my everyday life as well

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

I'm in the resting phase of my taper, no more running until Saturday. Nothing wet around here, why do those nice days always show up when I'm not supposed to run? Still happy to see spring finally arrive.

Later on, I'll get my supplies and drop bag ready for the race. Probably result in some frantic last-minute purchases of items I consider essential (protein drink, electrolytes,... my stash seems pretty neglected).

Jamie: Wohoo, things seem to work themselves out just in time. Nice morning workout.

Tmo: Good run early!

Kelly: Rest is way underrated. Safe travels, and have a nice time at Zion.

DD2: Brave miles, good for you!

Jamezilla: Weather encouraging a longer run on the trails? Then get yourself together and out there. Otherwise, have a fun run in the hood.

Sandy: Safe travels, too, hope your flight will take you home soon.

Edit: O2: Hope your calf will cooperate soon again. A short, slow run with the walk option sounds good to me.

warden: The outdoors always beat the indoors, at least for me. Enjoy that extended winter, nobody knows when we'll ever get such a thing again... Undecided

QOTD: Sometimes. Especially mantras that appeal to patience - staying at running up a long hill steadily requires just the same patience as waiting for a kid (pre-schooler or teenager) to get ready in the morning. Roll eyes

Run for fun.

Morning, all. Got in 8 last night in some awesome spring weather.  Tonight I'm going to an event organized by the local running club - it's a run, then end at the local coffee shop for some beer samplings and free massages. Should be an excellent time.

QOTD: Not really, I'm not anywhere near as motivated about work as I am about running. I am fairly organized about my schedule in life though, so I guess that coordinates with my running.

The pooch and I had a nice 11 mile trail run on particularly tough trails. I feel more like 15 miles worth of tired. We explored some new trail with a great view that will be blocked by leaves in the next day or two.

QOTD: No, not really. Since I started running late in life it is probably the other way around.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

QOTD: I have applied some stuff from runing tomy current PhD studies such as when coming to a hill - "put your head down and just chop your way up - push through it".  I have had to repeat that mantra to myself numerous times when I don't want to work on a paper or spend hours reading.  I would say it has helped me.  As far as parenting - I would say I already was a patient person but maybe the longer distances have helped me to be even more patient (which is saying a lot fo my energetic kids!)

AT: I second Jamzilla - how are you doing?

lace - good luck! Redemption is yours!!!!

Oh and by the way - does anyone know where LB2 is or has been? He hasn't posted in a while.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Ultra Cowboy

Back online after a couple of days at a work conference in Vegas Sun, Mon and Tues.  I think running is the new golf in the career world.  I had the pleasure to run the south end of Las Vegas blvd on a couple mornings. It included the corporate leadership team from one of our vendors, the head of their legal department and the head of sales.

Did 6 on Monday and 4 on Tuesday.  I'll write up a RR from my HM trail run on Sunday later.

My condolences to those of you who had unseasonable weather the last few days.  Many midwesterners were grumbling about going back to snow...We had high winds but today is sunny and in the 70's.

QOTD.  I incorporate much of what I have learned from running into my work life.  Mostly about enduring through tough patches....and pacing myself in long projects.

WYBMADIITY

Save

Daydreamer1

Beautiful day here, temp in the high sixties with just a light breeze. And I'm stuck in the house working on schoolwork Angry. I did take a short break and got in a 4 mile walk with DW. The ankle felt decent but not good enough to run on it yet.

QOTD:  " Kind of but not really. I don't mind putting in the work required to reach my goals, but am more of a procrastinator in other parts of my life. Procrastination doesn't seem to work as well for running." 

Yep, I just plagiarized  Low_O2 Big grin. Why? because it pretty much describes me perfectly. It's much easier for me to adhere to a workout plan then to keep up with some of the other things in life.

Snowdenrun

Got a nice run on the trails in. A bit under 8. I cut it short and opted out of the steep hill when I saw bear scat right in the middle of the trail. Even though I had bear spray with me I didn't have a phone, food, H2O or a first aid kit. I hate running with things, but I guess I need to get used to it during the summer months since I'm not super comfortable running alone in bear county and not having anything to call for help or any way of taking care of myself if I get hurt.

QOTD: Not sure if I put running aspects into other parts of my life or vise verse. But I do think that running is making me more confidant. Slowly. But I get out there and I do it alone and I push myself and make progress and realize I can do things I didn't think I ever could. 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

O2, DD1: Nothing wrong with procrastinating in other areas in your life while sticking to your running plans. I know what I'm talking about from my own experience - we just got our priorities straight, yep! Big grin

Run for fun.