Trailer Trash

Packing Up Thursdaily (Read 18 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Short road run in light drizzle this morning. I probably should have had alight just so cars could see me better. I could see fine, but not used to the late sunrise yet.

Packing for our trip out West.  Driving a Subaru out for DD#1 to have and then flying home from Portland. Hoping to stop at Rushmore, Badlands, Devils Tower, Glacier (with Warden), Columbia River Gorge (fire permitting), Mt Hood and into Portland. Plan on running in Badlands and Glacier and wherever else we get the urge along the way.

QOTD:  How computer savvy are you, and if you aren't, who is the person you call for computer help?  I'm pretty good, but just had to relearn a bunch of networking stuff (for Window 10) since my old EHR software was clod-based and now we're back to an internal server.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

4.5 this morning.  I would not call it a crappy run but wasn't a very good one.  No particular reason.

AT: That's quite a trip.  Very nice.  We expect lots of pictures of course - especially with Warden.  And you have to get a picture of Warden smiling!

QOTD: I am competent but certainly not an expert.  My brother works in IT so I ask him with the big stuff (security issues, virus info, etc.)   Computers can be great but when not working right, they are very frustrating.

AT: Good luck with your new EHR!!

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Yoga day today for me. I'll get in a short run on the treadmill. Yesterday I got in over 4 miles with the brewery group. My legs felt dead all day, but the run really improved things.

AT- May I suggest Custer State Park? Worth the side trip from Rushmore, especially needles hiway and the sylvan lake area, Really quite stunning and a contrast to southern end of the park. And there is a great 5 mile loop around Devils Monument, if you need to get a run in. Everyone sticks to the trail around the base but you get a fantastic perspective on the outer trails.

qotd: I consider myself average with a solid set of problem solving skills. DH however, usually does much of the work since he is above average (it's part of his job).

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got 4 miles in with Tiny E yesterday evening; might get out this evening

woke up to mid 40's and.... wait for it..... RAIN!!!   the 65 days w/o moisture is over; now we get to see if we can put a dent into these fires

qotd: I'm fair, have mostly used Macs/Apple which I think are a little easier to use

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I took a rest day because I have a 40 mile run tomorrow night.

QOTD: I know enough to get by with what I do at work. But I am far from an expert.

LB2

Gator eye

Rest day today

QOTD: I m pretty good, I just set the time on my VCR

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Up at foive to get ready for the beach trip and the old man said he wasn't going to be ready until 10 am so why was I up.  So back to bed with the goal of getting up at 6:30 and get a run in...  woke at 7:45  ...so no run and no gym.

Qotd:  Good at work (turn it off and back on) but can tell that I am nit keeping up with it...

AT:  They cancelled the Waterfall Gorge race for 2018 because of the fires.   Have fun on your tripand give Warden a huge for mee... maybe Jess can do it.

Gator eur:  Good job on the VCR..

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

How many drinks have you had? You're slurring your typing...

Up at foive to get ready for the beach trip and the old man said he wasn't going to be ready until 10 am so why was I up.  So back to bed with the goal of getting up at 6:30 and get a run in...  woke at 7:45  ...so no run and no gym.

Qotd:  Good at work (turn it off and back on) but can tell that I am nit keeping up with it...

AT:  They cancelled the Waterfall Gorge race for 2018 because of the fires.   Have fun on your tripand give Warden a huge for mee... maybe Jess can do it.

Gator eur:  Good job on the VCR..

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Look yumgin!!! I can't see!!!  I use an ipad so I one finger fype!    And I only had 2 beers!!!

How many drinks have you had? You're slurring your typing...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Thursday morning I did 10 mi in the large park NW of Paris. It was early and still dark so when I came upon some "working girls" in the middle of the park and sort of in the woods it was a bit surprising during the zone-out morning run.  Kind of one of those "did I just see what I thought I saw" thing after I went by them. Made for interesting discussion later in the day during the meeting coffee break.

Im supposed to do 10 again today (Friday), but I'm not sure I'll get it done after my flight home today...

qotd: I'm pretty good I guess, I know enough to be dangerous I guess.

tbd.

LB2

It was early and still dark so when I came upon some "working girls" in the middle of the park and sort of in the woods it was a bit surprising during the zone-out morning run.  

I'm glad to hear that there are jobs with flexible hours in Paris.

LB2