Trailer Trash

Summer Monday (Read 16 times)

runtraildc

Summer starts officially today in my house. School's out and summer activities start. Did not run at all this weekend, other than the jaunt down the street before I decided it was too hot (4 pm and 90*).  So I went to the gym. Last week's log is pretty bleak- I rowed the same distance as I ran and neither was impressive (5 mile). I did, however, make up a new training plan for the summer and fall.

Ran 4 miles this morning. It was just me, the deer and a few spiderwebs.

XT- no condolences as requested, but looking forward to reading your report.

qotd: Let's keep it light-- Favorite candy- you know, the stuff you try not to buy or have around so you don't eat it all.  While I love chocolate, the danger candy for me is licorice, specifically the fake licorice- Twizzlers. Oh, if it it's the nubs Twizzzlers, that's even worse. chewy, sweet and artificially colored. I try not to get it more than once or twice a year, especially since it's harder to find the small bags.

Oh, and if you were planning to answer, "I don't eat candy, it's bad for you and I only eat real food"-- don't.  just make up a lie.

LB2

I ran 2 hours this morning. I woke up with a sinus headache at 2:30, took two snorts of Flonase and two cups of coffee. I was out the door at 3:55 AM. I could see lightning flashing up towards Natchez, MS, too far to hear it.

QOTD: Typically, I don't eat candy, but if I do, it is probably going to be a Snickers Bar.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Oh, and if you were planning to answer, "I don't eat candy, it's bad for you and I only eat real food"-- don't.  just make up a lie.

qotd: That would be a lie. I love candy, especially anything with chocolate unless it's been adulterated with something like coconut. My favorite is my own homemade fudge that I learned how to make by watching my mother make it when i was a kid. Unfortunately it is a lot of work and time consuming so I rarely take the time to make it.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today. Another humid day, so glad I'm not going to be out there melting.

XT - sorry about your race. I look forward to reading about it. You always have great details in your RR's.

QOTD : Heath Bar is my favorite. I love toffee.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Taking a quick break in between jobs. Have just enough time to go for a walk with DW then back to the slave galley. Probably just go for four miles.

QOTD:  "I don't eat candy, it's bad for you and I only eat real food" .  How's that for a nice little lie?

Chocolate is the devils own food. He tempts me with it continually. No matter how much I struggle to walk the straight and narrow path of dietary excellence I will falter and fail when tempted with chocolate.  If DW abides by my wishes and and rids the house of all chocolate bars I'll end up searching high and low until I find the chocolate chips that she uses for cooking .  Even if she tries to chase me from them with the shotgun I'll still circle around for more. If she threatens divorce over my thieving ways I just wait until she's in the shower and can't hear the drawer opening .  Addicted to chocolate???? Absolutely and unshameably so.

M&M's are a close second to plain chocolate bars.

Sandy-2

SRD, but actually Monday disappeared while I was in the air.  It's 10pm here and still 89 deg. Back to the oven.  I picked up some GatorAde at a little store for my 5 mi run tomorrow morning.  Sunrise is at 4:45 so I can get an early start if I want.

XT, sorry about the dnf, but as they say "it happens".

qotd: Snickers bars, but in the pure junky candy category...  Sweetarts.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

XtremeTaper

I took the dogs out for about a 1.5 mile walk this morning. Knee is puffy and swollen again (duh!) but only mildly painful. Brought SirB the old spaniel along as well since it was only a walk. Since his momma did not join us I let him wander into a lake for a soak and a swim. He kicked my ass on the way back to the car. I could barely keep up.

Seeing the ortho again this afternoon. Not the knee was the only cause of my dnf but since it's swelled up again and likely at the worst stage it will be (until I run long again LOL) I am glad to have finagled an appointment today. In the justify the DNF department, a rough estimate tells me about 65% of the field did not finish Mohican this year.

QOTD: Plain chocolate M&M's.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Took the jeep to the shop...again....I think when they saw the leak on top they didn't investigate to see where else the coolant is leaking from.   gets a little old.  So the DH dropped us 9dogs and me) off the side of the wood on the way home and we went into the woods and ran.

QOTD:  Depends on my mood...I like sour candy but if drinking wine I like dark chocolate.

xt:  Sorry to hear about the DNR and aahh sorry I am consoling you.  Hope about "Hey dumb fuck, why didn't you finish? "    I hope you were able to consume beers when you stop at any rate.

SirB:  Well done, well done...sounds like the jump in the lake lifted his spirits.

Western States, it's been 100 degrees here last few days and a couple more to go.

Good News:  It's suppose to be cooler this weekend.

Neutral News:  They will probably us the raft this year to cross the American River

Potential Bad News:  I have a feeling a fire is going to start this week due to the heat and no lightning storms.

Other News: I will be at Michigan Buff all day Saturday.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

hmmmm the Queen is going to in the buff this weekend- pics or it didn't happen 

got into the high lakes like I wanted to this weekend; still lots of snow to contend with, but the lakes were open and the fish cooperative- I spent the night at one of the upper lakes with a very bare bones kit; bare body enough that I bagged it at 4:00 AM, packed up, put my headlamp on and headed for the truck.  Three hours later I was driving for home and a King Kong breakfast

DW is gone and left Tiny Elvis with me, so we'll get a short hike/run in this evening

I eat candy while hiking, Snickers to be exact- other than that it's beer that I have to watch out for

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I am now on my summer morning run schedule.  It's been a bit difficult to get up but getting used to it again.  I ran 4.5 yesterday and close to 5 this morning.  Boy what a difference between yesterday and today in regards to the humidity.  This morning was 64 deg and dry.  Love it!

XT - looking forward to reading about your DNF.  Always looking t learn from others.

Queen - pictures with the leaders is preferred.  Hey btw, can you pull any strings and get some of us into WSER???

QOTD: Skittles of course.  I know they are not good for me but oh so good.  Chocolate is good too.  Who am I kidding - anything with sugar is good.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday