Trailer Trash

It's Wednesday (Read 31 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got in two runs yesterday.  A 1.1 mile run with my 10 yr old.  I need to whip him into shape.  Then I went out for a 3 miler later in the evening. Will take a rest day today.

QOTD: June mileage

132.8.  I will take it.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

7 mile out and back after work.

QOTD: A very disappointing 101.

LB2

Occasional Runner

Around 6 with the pointers this morning. It was a nice, leisurely mountain run.

I got an email from the Western States medical research team yesterday because they wanted to alert me to the fact that they discovered an alarming amount of tissue damage from my blood samples. Because I was so sick and unable to eat, my body was devouring itself. The shit we do for a buckle...

QOTD: 351

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Around 6 with the pointers this morning. It was a nice, leisurely mountain run.

I got an email from the Western States medical research team yesterday because they wanted to alert me to the fact that they discovered an alarming amount of tissue damage from my blood samples. Because I was so sick and unable to eat, my body was devouring itself. The shit we do for a buckle...

QOTD: 351

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

The Lady and I ran our regular 7 mile loop out at Coventry Woods last night. Started at a slightly different location since the missus wanted to walk the springer while we ran. Somehow missed the rain and t-storms. They were here late afternoon with heavy rain and then again overnight. It may be dry today? Well, we will run 7 miles someplace regardless. I am on the 7 mile plan this week.

QOTD: 177. A bit low, the bulk of it at Laurel Highlands. Taper, recovery weeks for the most part other than the race.

Lace - Did they say that was common for the runners to have that blood indicator post race? They are like mad scientists at WS. They actually held Angus back at one of the aid stations due to weight.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

I had a really sucky run this morning.  Believe it or not I'm having another small bought with dizziness.  Perhaps with the monsoon season starting over here my allergies are going haywire.  Grrrrrr...  Anyway the run really sucked, my legs were killing me because I was running like Lurch trying to keep my balance.  Then whenever I looked down or to the side I'd stagger like a drunk sailor.  Oh, did I mention that it was direct sun and freaking hot???  Anyway I did go 9 miles, including a few walk breaks.

Hopefully I'll get over the dizziness quicker than the last time, it doesn't seem as bad this time.

Because I was so sick and unable to eat, my body was devouring itself. The shit we do for a buckle...

lace -up; when I did WS I peed about 5 miles from the finish and it was brown, told my pacer I was peeing my quads out.  I skipped the blood test at the end because I didn't want to know the results.  I did get the buckle though   ;-) .

qotd: 157 miles.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

AT-runner

Tim

I got an email from the Western States medical research team yesterday because they wanted to alert me to the fact that they discovered an alarming amount of tissue damage from my blood samples. Because I was so sick and unable to eat, my body was devouring itself. The shit we do for a buckle.

Elevated LDH and signs of rhabdomyolosis?

If so, at least you can also claim your CrossFit badge since they love that stuff. 

Good luck with recovery.  If you had elevated myoglobin, then you may have some fatigued feelings for a couple of weeks, so go easy.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

AT-runner

Tim

Wife and I visited DD#2 yesterday at WV University for her 21st birthday.  We stopped at Rocky Gap SP for a nice run around the lake and up to a lookout.  Fun trail as there wasn't a flat section on it but a bunch of rollers.  Not many rocks, but enough roots to make it interesting.

QOTD:  180 which feels pretty good doing 45 or so per week.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

DigDug2

Squeezed in a 5.5 mi run this morning in an otherwise crazy day.

QOTD:  195 - on target.

runtraildc

Morning!  Yesterday was a rest day-- just a quick strength session at the gym, with a fast and short row.

qotd:  55.  And considering how the hamstring is doing, I'm pretty happy with that.  And we know I am not a high mileage runner to begin with, either.

Daydreamer1

My class yesterday ran late, then I tried to squeeze in a run At Blue Marsh between the thunderstorms. Partially succeeded as I missed any lightening but got soaked over the last two miles. Nice trails that are a change of pace from the normal stuff I run. I used my Hoka Conquests and found out that they suck in that clay type mud. Did some skiing down the hills with out skis . Ended up with about 7 miles.

Today was supposed to be a long 20+ mile mountain run but events have pushed that pack until tomorrow. Now it looks like it will be 7-8 miles this evening.

Lace- Was your urine the color of Coke during the race? Did they mention anything about rhabdomyolysis  or suggest you do anything special for recovery.  I'd drink copious amounts of plain water to flush out the kidneys.

QOTD: 156.8. Not what I would have liked, but the first week I didn't get in a lot of miles due to vacation and biking so I'm happy.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I need to run but kind of waiting to see what we are doing today with our company.  Think we are packing up to go camping.  If so I can run the dirt road.   Company is tiring!

qotd:  151.7 and I was very proud of that....but some of your numbers are just crazy!!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

some call me Tim

It'll be another 7 on the increasingly mucky home trails later today. Now that school is done for the year, it's tougher to get miles in away from the homestead... hopefully we get some drier weather in the next little bit. Also, I lost my Garmin and have been using the Strava app to log everything; it lies to me about my pace and then adjusts it when posting, so I've been finding that my comfortable pace range extends a minute per mile faster than I expected... liking the whole naked wrist running taboot.

qotd: 205, just above target. July target: 250

Occasional Runner

Lace - Did they say that was common for the runners to have that blood indicator post race? They are like mad scientists at WS. They actually held Angus back at one of the aid stations due to weight.

They said it's usually about 15,000:1 CK after Western States and I was around 45,000:1.

Occasional Runner

Lace- Was your urine the color of Coke during the race? Did they mention anything about rhabdomyolysis  or suggest you do anything special for recovery.  I'd drink copious amounts of plain water to flush out the kidneys.

It was a little dark, but I've never seen it "coke" dark. They just said to watch my urine color and be aware of unusual, localized muscle issues. If anything seemed unusual, they want me to see a doctor. My piss is clear and I'm feeling pretty good. I just needed a couple of beers.