Trailer Trash

This Week's Wednesdailies (Read 39 times)

Low_O2

Hello fellow trailers! Long time lurker here decided to finally join the party.... Hope you don't mind. I'll try to participate a bit, but we'll see if I can keep up with it. Been running regularly for ~2 years, but fought a nasty case of ITBS for the first year. So it's nice to finally start getting in some regular miles and see some improvement!

Lace: where did you get to run in ABQ today? That's where I currently call home. Some great trails around, hope you got to check some out.

6.3 miles for me and my crazy dog tonight across the desert. It was windy and cool, but felt good to get in some miles!

QOTD: Nothing too specific, just a general idea of when I would like to finish and when I should try to take in some calories.

Occasional Runner

Lace: where did you get to run in ABQ today? That's where I currently call home. Some great trails around, hope you got to check some out.

It's an interesting story. I didn't get out on the trails in ABQ today. I ran with a coworker on the roads, down Yale, then Central and around the Ghetto for a while. He's an out of shape triathlete that wants and needs help to improve his running. He manages his run based on his heart monitor and he has to stop and walk a lot to keep things in "check". So I spent the morning running with him, then ahead of him, then ran back to him....repeat. We ran for 90 minutes and he logged 7.2 miles. I probably ran 12 miles. It's not my favorite kind of running, but he appreciated it and I like to run an encourage other runners, so it was cool.

I'm in Gallup now and will be rocking the trails tomorrow. On my own.