Trailer Trash

Sickly Sundailies (Read 34 times)

Not feeling great this morning.  I had to fight off the urge to puke when getting out of the car for our run, again at mile 1.5, and again at mile 4.5.  Then Marley got so excited about chasing some deer that she checked me with her shoulder when she came back.  She hit me so hard that my feet came out from under me and the back of my head was the first thing to hit the ground.  I saw stars and now feel kind of dizzy/sick.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

TT, sounds like a good day to crawl back into bed.

I'm heading out in a little bit for 5 easy miles on the coastal trail.  Then I need to sit myself in front of my computer to get some work done.  Boo.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

muppy

Didn't get a chance to run last night, so I'll try for 6-7 tonight.

TT I hope you feel better!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Not to repeat myself too much but yesterdays 15 miler turned into 21 as we went the wrong way and did an extra 6.  I always take a rest day after my long run, so rest day.  Chores need to be done.

TT: Hope you feel better.  Sounds like you shouldn't have run from the beginning.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

SRD for me. Got in a little over 8 last evening.

TT - Sorry to hear about your misadventures. Hope you feel better soon.

runtraildc

Morning! 5.5 this am with the borrowed springer.  Now waiting in an airport security line Joking  I hope to get in another 3-4 tonight when I get home.

have a good day!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice job Sandy on Leadville...28:20 wooo whooo!

moonlightrunner

Went out early to run 8...ended up doing around 10...took a wrong turn and had to back track. Then my friend brought kayaks...and we did a couple rounds of the lake. I m tired now...I think I'll take a nap.

TT: I hope you feel better soon. My dog did that to me once...but all I got from it was a nasty case of poison ivy

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

rest day for me as well, was going to go hiking, but we lounged around and had a big cooked breakfast instead Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Birdwell

Nice job Sandy on Leadville...28:20 wooo whooo!

Congrats Sandy!

MTA: I don't know how to read the results on the racetracker for leadville.

Congrats on another finish Lace!

AT-runner

Tim

Ran in steady rain for 3 1/2 hours on the trails.  I was getting petty cold by the time I finished.  I stopped after 2 hours to wring out my clothes.  It would have been pretty awkward if someone came along to see a 1/2 naked man in the middle of a rainy trail.  The sound of the rain drop cascading down the leaves was awesome.  I kept thinking how people spend money on those sound machines and all they'd have to do is step outside and enjoy the beauty the day provides.

Nice job Kelly (26:19) and Sandy (28:20) Smile

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Chnaiur

Nice job Kelly (26:19) and Sandy (28:20) Smile

+1!

8 miles in GG park. I thought my legs would be super hot after a week's rest, but I totally lacked focus.

A reflection from this week off is that I have to eat really large meals if no inbetween snacks are available. I totally pigged out on both lunch and dinner, eating my dish plus most of the kid's. Still I managed to lose one pound. (This may also be related to spending a few hours in the water every day, trying to prevent the kids from drowning. Smile

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

XtremeTaper

Good afternoon all.. congrats to Kelly, Sandy and any other racers.

A pretty nice 13 or so miles today up and down the hills at Nolde Forest. It was grey, mild, with light showers for the entire run. Pretty much fantastic. I saw a few people out there walking with jackets while I trotted around shirtless. 

Had a pretty good night run on Friday night out at French Creek. Ran the double trouble course with a slight modification in just under 2 hours. Not bad for nighttime. Man, it's dark out there if you turn off your headlamp. Did that a few times just to see how much light the moon provided. Not much. Chirping bugs are extremely loud this time of year in the woods.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

On a beer break from chores...

TT: I lost my 8 month lab, she ran back to the car when she got lost.  When I returned to the car she jumped up and we slammed teeth and I chipped my front tooth.

Birdwell:  I also had a hard time with Leadville's score thingy.

AT-Runner:  I would have like to see that.  Smile

AT-runner

Tim

Friday night out at French Creek. Ran the double trouble course with a slight modification in just under 2 hours. Not bad for nighttime. Man, it's dark out there if you turn off your headlamp. Did that a few times just to see how much light the moon provided. Not much. Chirping bugs are extremely loud this time of year in the woods.

That's a pretty damn good for a night run on that course.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!