Trailer Trash

Tuesdaily (Read 21 times)

Daydreamer1

Praise the Lord, I actually got in an elliptical session last night. Just short of a hour while watching two episodes of MASH.  Didn't even hit it real fast or hard, just slow and steady but it felt good.  Probably do another one tonight after getting in from hunting.  Might try to walk on the treadmill for a couple of miles. For some reason I'm really unmotivated right now.

QOTD: Any good or bad dreams lately?

Had one on Sunday night while at work. I normally sleep lightly enough while at work  that I don't have dreams but this time I did.

I had went somewhere with another person in a semi to deliver something. When we got to the place the driver pulled in front of a door and I went to find someone to tell us where to unload. We had pulled to the wrong door so I told the driver where to go. There were two smaller kids there and the driver told one to move back and I moved the other one away with me.  The other child was standing just inside the building but when the driver started to move the truck the kid ran out and tried to grab the tire to stop it . Of course he ended up getting run over .  At that time I started to call 911  for a helicopter and then realized that I was in a dream and just had to wake up to make it end .

Quite often when   I'm having a bad dream I'll realize that it's a dream and just wake up.

runtraildc

Ran 4 miles around the neighborhood last night. It took a lot of self convincing to lace up the shoes, but once out it was a great run. Rain is moving in soon so it's a gym day. My December goal is to do strength training twice a week. Middle age is doing a number on the scale reading and my muscle tone. And not in a good way. Good news is my be is 102/60 at the doctor's this am.

qqotd- nope

LB2

Took my floating rest day today. I'll run again tomorrow.

QOTD: No bad dreams lately, but my wife has been having to crazy dreams the past two nights. I have had some wild ones, though. I can't say that within my dream I realize it is a dream, but I have certainly woke up when things get too intense or I am falling.

LB2

Sandy-2

Plan to do 4 after work today.  The front with thunderstorms and tornado/flood warningswe had down here seem to be winding through the east. Stay safe.

qotd: I sometimes have some crazy dreams but only vaguly remember them when I wake up, then after some time I can’t remember them at all. Does that mean anything? I figure SFB syndrome.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

weather was crappy yesterday evening- high winds and cold, passed on the trails and strength trained at the gym instead

weather looks better today, so 3-4 miles on the trails this evening

qotd: I normally don’t remember my dreams, but did have a crazy one the other day- wife was lying in bed and at the foot of the bed lay an infant. I asked her what the heck is this?  She was mumbling and couldn’t understand her. Eventually I’m yelling, what the heck are we doing with an infant. Woke up relieved, DW got a kick out of it when I told her 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Almost 4 this morning...was snug as a bug in bed squeezed between my husband and the dog.  Just so hard to get up...but I said screw work and ran and was only 20 minutes late to work.

QOTD:  I did have a dream last night that my husband had to wake me up for.  I was trying to fight someone off and I was yelling I am crazy and the drugs have eaten my brain.    Well that's what I thought I was saying; my husband said I said Hi my name is Sue then I started moaning.    We have been watching Dexter.

DD: Wait until menopause hits!!!    That's is why I added weight training this year.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Staying short this week - maybe 1-3 miles daily and call it a week.  Maybe a gym night tonight as it is cold and rainy today.

QOTD: Does day dreaming count? I do dream a good bit but rarely remember them past an hour or two.  Wish I still had some of the dreams I did as a teenager.  Now those were some good dreams!

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Day off from running, er jogging, today. Will hit the planet of fitness this evening for either weights or a bike to nowhere session.

QOTD: I had some whacky dreams last night. One I was at Laurel Highlands, my buddy was running not me. He hasn't raced in years so that was odd, but odder yet he had paint on his face, sort of like war paint. Not sure what happened after that. Later I was on a train with my wife going through some sketchy part of a big city. The trained stopped along the line, and it looked there was some trouble brewing in that area with the criminal types, also a lot of pit bulls mulling about. One of the pit bulls was colorful, flashing blue and turquoise. I was sure something bad was about to happen, wanted that train to leave the station but it never did. Then the dog woke me up. As they say at the halfwit, the mind is a terrible thing!

DD - No recent calls involving kids? I hope you don't have any in near future.

Warden - Phew on that one!

Queenie - Moaning in your sleep. What was your hubby up to, or what were you really dreaming?!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

QOTD: Does day dreaming count?

Absolutely, They're the best .

Daydreamer1

DD - No recent calls involving kids? I hope you don't have any in near future.

No, but I was hoping that it wasn't a harbinger of bad things to come .  Actually probably had more to do with the fact that I had been discussing the time that I was run over by the farm wagon when I was a kid, then we just got a Christmas card from some friends who lost a grandchild several years ago when he was driven over by a truck.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Getting slower and slower but still getting out to run: almost an hour to run 4.1 miles.

qotd: I rarely dream as far as I know and the few dreams I vaguely remember, I can only remember for a few seconds after I wake up.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I want to have a dream like Queen with lots of moaning, but please don't wake me!  

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ok I shouldn't have said moaning...more like mumbling! 

I want to have a dream like Queen with lots of moaning, but please don't wake me!  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄