Trailer Trash

Anyone Watch the Early Morning Sky? (Read 24 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

This morning on my run, about an hour before sunrise, I noticed four very bright "stars" in the sky. One of them was a no-brainer - red, flickering - Mars, of course. The other one, considering time and brightness, Venus.

Looked up the astronomy highlights of the month and found the third one to be Jupiter.

Big question, who is the fourth member of this quartet, Regulus or Mercury?

I could not find out. Anyone any idea?

Look at the early morning sky toward the east/southeast, about an hour before sunrise, and you'll see this spectacular group!

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

I'll see if I can see it tomorrow.  Thanks for the inspiration to get up early!!!!!

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Mercury should be low on the horizon below the others.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I'll see if I can see it tomorrow.  Thanks for the inspiration to get up early!!!!!

I hope you'll have clear skies to watch, as Jupiter is just zooming through space and will be leaving the quartet soon, it seems (I was watching today, and I can already see a bit of a change in the constellation - it is spreading out).

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Boooo, it was really foggy this morning. I decided to go back to bed and run after work.  I'll try again tomorrow morning.

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good luck, Sandy, I hope the fog will stay away.

I found a German website which shows nice images of what it looks like throughout October (just scroll down to the pictures with the dates on them):

images of planets in the morning sky

I found it helpful.

I was watching the planets this morning, too, with my DS (my "pacer", he's always up for something like this), and was amazed at how different it looked compared to just a few days ago!

Run for fun.